Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barret unlock...pretty n00b q. actually :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barret unlock...pretty n00b q. actually :)

I'm new to BF2 and BF2:SF, so I have 2 pretty n00bish questions:
    1. What points and how to earn them to unlock the barret m95 sniper rifle?
    2. I have bought the BF2+BF2:SF set, registered it, filled out the polls and didn't get the free unlocks that are 'so popular' on this forum. WTF is wrong?

spetznaz_mav

Re: Barret unlock...pretty n00b q. actually

You need score points by playing ranked servers and you need to gain rank before you can actually get any unlock points.

Comment

the m95 isnt that good, it sucks at accurcy, you could be 5 feet away from a guy and shoot him in the head and he wont die.

Comment

alright, dont flame him.

1) look at www.bf2s.com and go to ubar (http://ubar.bf2s.com/)
        2) you'll see at 'ranks' (http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php) that you have to be lance corporal to get your first unlock. (PLAY ON RANKED SERVERS TO EARN POINTS AND MEDALS)
        3) from sergent you'll get two unlock a time (because you have SF)
        4) you'll maybe be able to unlock a few more weapons in the begining coz of the booster pack stuff (dont know how it works yet)
        5) if you are promoted to lance corporal ingame you wont be able to unlock it right away, (you have to let te BHFQ update your rank) but when you login a hour or two later (or next day) you'll hear a drumsound, and you get a screen with "corncratz on your promotion" and right after that a screen where you can select guns to unlock, choose wisely
        6) the M95 doe have a big recoil but that will , same as the thick line, be better in the next patch. so:
        + if you are playing with non USMC, SAS, SEALS armies it will be great.
        + you can shoot through cockpit glass
        -thick line (not after patch)
        - recoil (less after patch)
        7) try other classes and weapons too, it will help see whats your best side.
        8) some unranked servers have a setting that you can play with guns you havent unlocked yet so you'll be able to test them, or you can pick them up from death players ('G') DONT TEAMKILL FOR WEAPONS

I hope it was helpfull, good luck with playing.

Comment

M95 is not very accurate, but if you like to snipe it is worth it ESPECIALLY SINCE THE NEW PATCH IS GOING TO MAKE IT MUCH MORE ACCURATE...

And yes, you actually have to play to get unlocks...doh! lol

Comment

Lets put it this way friend.. I'd rather use the SCAR-L than the M95 with how each gun performs currently...

I HATE the scar weapons.. they are teh susk more than the g3 even. You are lead to believe they're good, and then they rape that thought with a metallic spiked shock *****..

At least with the G3 you KNOW it's crap.. and dont expect too much from it.

In conclusion: avoid the M95 like the plague..

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
              Lets put it this way friend.. I'd rather use the SCAR-L than the M95 with how each gun performs currently...

I HATE the scar weapons.. they are teh susk more than the g3 even. You are lead to believe they're good, and then they rape that thought with a metallic spiked shock *****..

At least with the G3 you KNOW it's crap.. and dont expect too much from it.

In conclusion: avoid the M95 like the plague..
              Ya, inside BFHQ, it says med/high damage, high accuracy (even though BFHQ is wrong) and people got hyped about it before SF came out, after it came out, everybody got ****ed at EA cause they found the G36C was better. Also, same with guns like the L85 and the G3 at first. THe G3 originally said that it was to have high/high for accuracy and damage when the pics for unlocks in BFHQ appeared before BF2 came out. BUt then, it turns out that G3 has medium accuracy, has no noobtube, AND has short clips. The L85 was advertised to have high accuracy, but in esscence, the full auto just sux, the only reason people used it was because when they were on USMC they needed a gun with full auto, now they just use the G36E

Comment

You do a search on the forum..

Comment

Originally posted by <RB>Corks4Life
                  the m95 isnt that good, it sucks at accurcy, you could be 5 feet away from a guy and shoot him in the head and he wont die.
                  its true! m24 ftw.

Comment

M95 is only good for shooting ppl out of helis and planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Archer
                      M95 is only good for shooting ppl out of helis and planes.
                      so true, the Barret is also not accurate sometiems even though it says Very High for accuracy.

Comment

Yeah, M24 is one shot one kill for me, and M95 is 2 shots most of the time, unless I get a headshot.

Comment

I had a streak of 15-1 on Karkand with M95, it's hardly crap.

Comment

^True, I played on Sharqi Penn, and from hiding in the bushes Sniping the enemy on the hotel roof I had like 13/2, moved around alot going up hill etc, but yeah the accuracy isn't the best but it's still pretty good, and the damage is good only if they added a 1 shot kill to the chest, most likely if you were shot in the chest with a .50 cal Sniper you would die.

Comment

The M95 certainly does not suck. It's as accurate as the SVD, only hitting someone with it pummels them. I'd rank it above the M24 except for really long-range shooting because it will ALWAYS do 95 damage, regardless of whether or not the target's armored.

You ARE cleaning up that last 5% with the pistol.... RIGHT?

Comment

Working...
                              X