Modeling: The Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Modeling: The Basics

Well since it was technically my second time doing an uzi and I knew most of the basics, it took me about six hours. Of course this was over the course of a week or so, so it could be a little off. Then I made an exact replica of a pen for my friend cause they didn't believe that I actually did the Uzi myself. Right now I'm working on a P-51D Mustang cause its my dad's favorite plane (he used to be a pilot) and I wanted to try and make a plane. It's coming along pretty well...

Comment

i have searched and searched the forums for current F22 models being made, but have found none. i would like to learn to model and skin, if needed, to make one. i figured if i had the model made in a finished state some mod would want it, or i could put it in a j10 vs. f22 map.

please, i am asking for someone to point me in the right direction. what program could get me started on the model of the f22? i have no money to be able to put toward this venture, just my time. Bigfinger mentioned maya, would this do?

point me in the right direction, and i'll keep going.

i just wanna fly an f22 in bf2, and no one seems to care to model it.

edit: i've found this freeware, owned by google, and i wondered what some of the pros on here think.
      SketchUp is a premier 3D design software that makes 3D modeling & drawing accessible and empowers you with a robust toolset where you can create whatever you can imagine.

Comment

modeling an f-22 is a big job even for us full conversion modders,its no easy feat,modeling and texturing a plane is one of the most complex models to make,well really its not too hard to model...lol,but if you want it to look good its 50 to 100 hours of work from start to finish..argh the pain!..lol
        start with something simple,a handweapon for example to learn the basics.
        you will see an f-22 in a side project im workin on...he he heeee

Comment

thanx, for the reply. thought i would never get one. i believe you about the complexity, and you may note that i havent started even trying to model it. if you would keep me up on that mod, please. i've always loved the f22, even before they chose it over the yf-23.

Comment

im sure theres more to it than the modeling how do you set the , bullets relaod time , all that stuff..

Comment

im definatly gonna have to give modeling a try, it looks intimadating but i will try anyways. thanks.

Comment

Does anyone else have the Bf2 editor?

Comment

Originally posted by Brindled
                  i have searched and searched the forums for current F22 models being made, but have found none. i would like to learn to model and skin, if needed, to make one. i figured if i had the model made in a finished state some mod would want it, or i could put it in a j10 vs. f22 map.

please, i am asking for someone to point me in the right direction. what program could get me started on the model of the f22? i have no money to be able to put toward this venture, just my time. Bigfinger mentioned maya, would this do?

point me in the right direction, and i'll keep going.

i just wanna fly an f22 in bf2, and no one seems to care to model it.

edit: i've found this freeware, owned by google, and i wondered what some of the pros on here think.
                  http://www.sketchup.com/?section=downloads
                  I use sketch up for basic stuff, like crates and such. It can do way more advanced stuff, but i don't use it for that.

Comment

i think i will just stick with downloading somebody elses mods lol this seems hard

Comment

check out my amazing modeling of a glock! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...krenderpic.jpg This one is a little better, but its a pen instead http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...saki12/Pen.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by urabggr
                        Well I didn't get any response from my previous post, but thats ok cause I completetly re-did my Uzi, starting over from scratch. I figured a bunch of things out and feel like I'm rapidly improving at using 3ds Max7.. althoguh I know I still have loads moe to learn. Anyway, this is the new Uzi: [ATTACH]1711[/ATTACH]

I feel like I'm pretty much done with the modeling part of the gun and now need to work on texturing it and putting it in the gme. I've read a bunch on this and haven't accomplished much. I can sorta texture the gun, although I'm not totally sure how to texture it well. Also, when i try to texture the weapon, if i texture too many parts, 3ds Max just crashes. So far, I haven't been able to texture more than half the gun. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
                        I love it! I tend to like Uzis

Comment

now we know how to model in 3dsmax - how do we get the models into bf2?
                          I made a greenscreen so i can do some cool SFX like a bf2 soldier running across a real life road and stuff.

Comment

Do these modding programms cost?

Comment

I have built a tank. Please tell me what you guys think of it.

I am not sure how to put camouflage on it though. If some one know how to put it into the game please contact me as I would like to make more vehicles for a mod.

Thanks

Comment

Press M and it will bring up the material editor, you can add jpeg/dds files, you should do a uvw map, google it

Comment

Working...
                                X