No announcement yet.

bf2 crashes 2 desktop help!! plzz!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bf2 crashes 2 desktop help!! plzz!!!!

i am still of the opinion that CTD is related to ram. if you have multiple sticks of ram that are not matching thats a possible source of problems. could also be video card ram. i noticed one of the previous posts said they had a video card with 128 ram running medium settings. personally i found that my old 128 card would have problems unless i turned the textures to low. first advice is always turn down the settings. your computer is not as awesome as you hope it is.

Comment

Unisole,

I have a few additional questions to ask about your situation. first i will let you know that i still have not got around to testing my hypothesis out with my computer too caught up with other stuff right now.

My first suggestion is to disregard what most people have said, in most instances what is being said is sound advice. In this situation it is not, many people have tried alot of this stuff before without success. Don't go out and spend money on a new psu, or tear apart your cpu just for a little paste that really only gives you maybe 3 degrees change, or buy new ram.

Troubleshooting involves mostly diagnostic processes, they can take a lot of time but it is the only way to get things properly fixed.

My first suggestion is gather as much info as possible,
      (things I would like to know):

1.) Were you able to play the game without problem any time in the recent past? (if you have never had the game working i would change my reccomendation to not listen to most of the other posts, and suggest listening to them more.)

2.) What changes have been made inbetween then and now?
      (this is crucial information, even simple things like adding peripherials or switiching them around to different usbs can somethings cause miscommunications in the comp.)

3.) Have you tried restoring your comp to a time when you know the game worked and see if the issue still persists?

like i said troubleshooting is usually more info gathering than it is action, i'm glad that you came here and posted. Focus on little system changes before moveing to the larger system mods to fix things. It's the little things that kill.

Im not an expert by any means, and i could easily be wrong in my suggestions, but i do think this is sound advice for anyone it surely will not do any harm.

Comment

[QUOTE=Razorbladehaze]Unisole,

1.) Were you able to play the game without problem any time in the recent past? (if you have never had the game working i would change my reccomendation to not listen to most of the other posts, and suggest listening to them more.)

2.) What changes have been made inbetween then and now?
        (this is crucial information, even simple things like adding peripherials or switiching them around to different usbs can somethings cause miscommunications in the comp.)

3.) Have you tried restoring your comp to a time when you know the game worked and see if the issue still persists?
        [QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem with the random crash to desktop. My specs are (built it back in November):

Athlon 3500+ venice overclocked to 2.4GHz (never goes above 40 degrees, great heatsink)

1 GB of corsair ram (just ordered another gig)

Geforce 6600GT 128mb ram ( some say it runs hot but I have no way of seeing how hot it is. My Abit KN8 ultra mobo came with a temp monitor but it's only for the system and CPU)

I've got a 420 watt powersupply

for cooling I've got 3 80 mm case fans (1 on the side, 2 rear) and fans for everything else. 7 total fans are whirling in there.

1) I think before 1.21 and I know before 1.22 I never had a single crash, now after long periods of time it crashes to desktop. However, there was trouble getting it to install after I got it for christmas but it worked out in the end (it wouldn't go on my second partition (windows only detects 130 gigs of ram so I need a second partition for the extra 28 gigs). I have a 160 GB hard drive.

2) I'm getting another gig of the same kind of ram now but other than that, nothing. I did increase the virtual memory to 4096 but I was having crashes before that.

3) I haven't.

I am running the game on high and getting between 50-70 FPS, I'm hoping the second gig of RAM will help.

I think it's a software problem too, there's always some kind of bug.

Comment

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...710#post835710

In the above thread i posted a link to an April update for direct X,
          The following may interest some of you, give it a try and see if it works.

This may be a bit premature, but perhaps dirext x was causing my random restarts.

I had given up playing for a while cause it constant would restart in-game, after downloading this, and installing it i have not had a restart.

Granted each time i tried was on singleplayer, but both times were an hour session. so i have some hope.

I'll post this in some other threads with this issue and see what happens for them/you.

Comment

I have tried most of the stuff in here (but not the heating stuff) and it still wont work. I think its a Direct X error, when i play BF2 i play then it minimizes to my desktop. I have to get my COD2 CD and reinstall direct X to play any other game, well after i restart.

Comment

i belive its patch i read alot of forums theres alot of people haveing the same problem this is a very buggy game i crash too one and a while and my cpu runs about 40 degrees at all times never had this problem untill the last patch also get red bug in some servers is that a server bug or cliant bug when i crash its only to desktop my temp moniter shows 40 degrees so i know its not a heat problem also moniter my card heat its running cool too when it happens

Comment

I dont have the patch installed, cause i have uninstalled and reinstalled about 3 times over the last week or so

Comment

Working...
                X