bf2 crashes 2 desktop help!! plzz!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bf2 crashes 2 desktop help!! plzz!!!!

When im playing on any Bf2 server, randomly it could be 5 minutes or it could be 30 mins i get sent to the desktop, or some rare occasions my pc restarts!! and its so anoying i liv bf2 and when this happens its just ruining the game!!

My specs r 3200 processor (dno wot make etc)
    1.5 gig ram
    Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
    120 HD
    Nvidia sound card i think

im working on 1000 sumfin x 700 something at the mo video settings, and everything on mediam

Im put the video settings onto 600 x something and all settings on low and it still sends me bak 2 the desktop!

Plz can someone post n tell me how to stop this from happening!? dont tell me to get another video card bcasue i had a radeon 9200 and it was sending me to the desktop, so i then bought a radeon 9800 pro, so i dont think its my vid card bcoz i think loads of ppl hav got worse cards than me and thers is working fine

thanks

Re: bf2 crashes 2 desktop help!! plzz!!!!

It sounsd like your PC is over heating. You bought a new gfx card that requires more power but your PSU isn't able to deliver it.

Comment

i have a 400W?

Comment

i have a fan on my case and i have a fan on my graphics card, and i have the lids off top and sides

Comment

is it overheating though? coz i play counter-strike source and that works fine, when i had my old radeon 9200 256mb card it was restarting my pc then, i think that was over heating too.

Comment

This sound like the netcode in this game has some issues. I doubt its a overheating issue. My system does not get over 45C and i get the same problems.

Question: what video drivers are you using?

Comment

i dont have a clue, ive just reformatted my pc, i downloaded erm 6-1_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_29602 from the ati site, im not sure about drivers how do i find out?

i went on contol panel > System > Device manager > display addapters > Radeon 9800> and then went on driver and it said Driver version : 8.205.0.0

I go on update driver and it says i have the latest version

Comment

I have the same problem. its a random amount of time it crashes no other game does this. i'm running

win xp
                amd 64 2.4ghz
                1 gig pc3200 400mhz
                256 bfg geforce overclocked(factory)
                500w power supply

Comment

can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Comment

Having the top and sides off probably isn't the best solution in the world really.
                    Is there any way you can mesuare the temps?

PC's that randomly reboot like that are *often* down to PSU problems.

Comment

it hasn't restarted in agers, it just sends me to the desktop, how do i measure the temps?

Comment

Cmon someone must b able to help me

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Leaving the side panels off of your computer case can sometimes make a temperature problem worse UNLESS you point a big floor fan at the inside of your case.

So, if your case is open and you DON'T have a big floor fan pointing at it...close the case. Closing the case usually improves AIR FLOW which can help keep components cool. If you leave the case open, those little fans can't funnel cool air through your PC as efficiently. It would be like turning on the heat or the AC in your house and leaving all of the windows open.

As far as temps go, visit your motherboard manufacturer's website or check on your motherboard utility disc and see if there is a temp monitor. Otherwise, you can usually check temps in your BIOS. I don't know much about the ATI control panel, but there should be some sort of temp monitor accessible in there.

Comment

please keep this thread going...i'm having the same problems.
                              Ive got the sieds off my PC with a Fan blowing in it......it still gets to above 70'.......apart from overheating, any other solutions? ive got a radeon x700, catalyst 6.1 driver, Realtek AC97, Ecs 661fx motherboard, 1024MB RAM....it meets all the requirements. Whats going on?

Comment

Working...
                              X