Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bf2statistics Is Released!!

yes THAT url

we discussed it for abr, remember, YOU & ME, on that japanese site.
    remember the HERO clan?

and my source Intargant?

thats where you are pointing at now my friend.

all that stuff came through me, as i talked with the developers of the japanese HERO clan statistics tool.

u also remember me saying keep this for abr, as it will make competitors after they know what we know.

in that time ur friends thwyman and ur Coder, were fiddling with fragalyzer logs.

i guess you turned out to be the competition.

Comment

Jobs vs Gates?
      Coke vs Pepsi?
      Black vs White?
      Hiphop vs Music?
      Methamphetimes vs Crack?

A little compition is good fer ya.
      Options rule.

Satcom, I suggest that you have made yourself look bad by airing your dirty laundry publicly. There's no need for it. If ABR can't stand on it's own feet, then maybe you need to think about betatesting for NiceGuy, hmm?
      Edit: I seriously hope your code is better than your english. Man, your posts kinda suck wind, ya know?

Mr. Niceguy, I hope the accusations aren't true. What you need ta do to prove that your doing your own work is to create and highlight a feature of your own that's not included in ABR. The LAN system is nice, but not enough to make it a clearly different product. I'm thinkin what you need most is easy configuration of awards.

Everyone Else:
      Man oh man... why is it so hard to understand what locally ranked server means??

All it means is that you will be able to play on unranked servers and build up stats/awards/unlocks for that server ONLY. This means you'll start fresh, then can build up. It has NO impact on the EA system. It has nothing to do with the EA system. It is NOT global. It is LOCAL to the server that is running the system. Does this make sense yet?

Why would you want such a thing?

There's several good reasons for running a locally ranked server.
      - Not everyone can afford the inflated price of running a ranked server. With a locally ranked one all you have to do is pay for your bandwidth. No extra bucks turned over to EA.
      - Mods can't be ranked. With a locally ranked server, you can have something to work towards even on a mod server. Even simple mods like "snipers only" could use this system and provide an alternate play type that will still reward you for your actions. (Hell, that's a cool idea. A sniper only server where snipers can duke it out for top dog. I'd lose though.)
      - Drugs are bad for you
      - If set up correctly, the local ranking information could be shared between multiple servers. This would make for a network of unranked servers that act ranked.
      - Could be a great way to set up tournaments. Everyone starts fresh and on the same level playing field. Unlocks and awards can be earned during the progression of the toury. Stats and score could be used to help determine who is where on the learderboards.

So yeah, bring on the local rankings! The very best we can hope for is that these two systems will get serious about compeating for our attention and their piece of the locally ranked pie.
      Survivel of the best implemented.
      It's on babe.

Comment

this is going way off line here, listen up satcom, dont try defending your team
        and please for the love of god dont speak in there names!

all of this is simply becuse of YOU nothing more nothing less
        its your arregent attidude thinking you know all, that what drove us as a team to create bf2statistics. check all the post you made on bighamster
        and check the response of ppl take cobra for an example, you behaved like a total prick.

i cant code in python or... so does MrNiceGuy, its all chump's work.
        and i know its hard to belive that one man did it all and beat you to the finish line.

and please dont drag me into pulling out irc logs of chump MrniceGuy and myself dating atleast 4 months ago testing chump's ranking scripts.

btw the EULA question i asked on your forum was legite... just wanted to know if you were contacted by EA about any kind of violation.
        and btw i have a mail from EA in my name asking the same for the EULA
        and we got approvel for our project too, so you may wanna scream at EA too why didnt thay notify you too about the other project cause your so full of it...

TwhyMan
        BF2Statistics.Com Team Member
        BF2-WarZone.Com Admin

Comment

Wise words Wargimp. I have personally tested both of these "systems" and ABR is the only one that lost my stats... Not that I care to much about it tho, but I did get fed up with constant database loss. Niceguys way seems to be safer and faster. And SatCom, allthough I don't know you at all, it seems you are making a total fool out of yourself with these accusations. Why don't you use that energy to finish the ABR system instead? You apparently think it's better, so get it to work and SHOW US! You really should know that people aren't very patient, we want results!

Comment

Well guys you maybe dont know me but I developed with twhyman the client for bf2statistics , and I must say that he and MrNiceGuy are honest peoples, I knew about this project from the beginning and as twhyman says it really started 4 months ago , I also saw chump's work this man is trully gifted coder.

About the similarity , its like comparing ICQ to MSN , they both to the same job !!!

So I hope satcom will learn his lesson and and try to change his ways , because he is not helping himself by flaming this forum.

yair666
            bf2-warzone.com site admin

Comment

Originally posted by satcomNL
              thats where you are pointing at now my friend.
              http://www.seekers.jp/bf2/scripts/mm...coring.py.html
              all that stuff came through me, as i talked with the developers of the japanese HERO clan statistics tool.

u also remember me saying keep this for abr, as it will make competitors after they know what we know.
              Ehm... As i said, chump found that site all by him self.

And Wargimp. Thank you for your clear input!
              Originally posted by Wargimp
              What you need ta do to prove that your doing your own work is to create and highlight a feature of your own that's not included in ABR. The LAN system is nice, but not enough to make it a clearly different product. I'm thinkin what you need most is easy configuration of awards.
              The lan system is one thing, but what ABR doesnt do, is to give people the oppertunity to host their own stats, that means they are not giving the web backend/database out to the public, wich reminds me of EA, and is in the first place the reason that this stats system is created, TO NOT BE DEPENDING ON OTHERS!!!
              And another thing, we kept people waiting for 2 days, i posted a little about the project 2 days ahead of release.
              What ABR have done, is to keep people waiting for so long, that they loose their interests. Atleast i did!

And Satcom, if you hadn't been so freakin stupid, telling me to P I S S O F F, i have something i wanted you to know, and if you only knew, you would be falling of you chair! But now you can wonder what that is for the rest of your life!!
              Bye for now, and thank you for your time!

Regards,
              MrNiceGuy.
              BF2Statistics Admin.
              www.bf2statistics.com

Comment

hope ppl will like the system more then this stupid argument :nod:

TwhyMan
                BF2Statistics.Com Team Member
                BF2-WarZone.Com Admin

Comment

My 3 cents....

Let me start by saying "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush". We have BF2Statistics in hand that is worth a dozen ABRs still in development. I'll agree BF2Statistics isn't a perfect replacement for the seamless integration of EAs ranking system but for a Version 1.0 or maybe it's a Version 0.1, it's a start.

Any argument that "you stole my code..." keep in mind there are probable several people already tearing BF2Statistics apart, making improvement and modifying it to fit into their MODs. If ABR is ever released to the public it too will be ripped apart and the better pieces of it will be merged with the better pieces of BF2Statistics to create yet a better independent ranking system. So if you brilliant modders (BF2Statistics and ABR) don't want your code ...barrowed... for the advancement of this project in general then don't release... to anyone... ever, because it will be ...barrowed...

To me, why I’m so excited about the release of any sort of independent ranking system, is that a single server or group of servers can play by what ever set of rules they want, allowing skilled players to be rewarded by what ever standards the server admin determine (not by EA or DICE). But particularly, my hope and goal, a MOD that can use rank in the game its self. Example you have to be a SSgt or better to pilot a helicopter, or you have to be an engineer to drive a tank. This is just a small example of what new options you have with an independent ranking system.

Thanks to BF2Statistics and ABR for their hard work. I believe this project more than any other MOD in development will make or break the future viability of BF2

Comment

thats cool

Comment

If you like/use BF2Statistics, that is fine. If you do not, that is also fine, we accept criticism. If you chop it up and modify it to your own taste, that is fine as well as long as our name is somewhere on it if distibuted.

BF2Statistics was meant to be a community project that will reflect what the community wants (main the single player one). What it was NOT meant to be, was a war between us and ABR. This is absolutely stupid. He said this, he said that... STOP IT! No one has bothered to contact me about my side of this, and I'm the one who did all of the code! So for the record, ABR, no code was stolen/borrowed/etc. from your project, and we got the idea from those already out there at bighamster and amongst ourselves at the time, so I took it on when asked. I have nothing against ABR, nor any of the people affiliated with it (hell, I have never even spoke to any of them). If anyone at ABR has any questions/opinions/comments, they need to address them to myself, instead of a flame war on multiple forums. Everyone grow up. This is a game.

Back to reality...

When we designed BF2Statistics, we took many server owners' opinions into account. We wanted our project to reflect the main EA stats as much as possible using the open coding structure that EA/Dice provided us with. The single player community didn't want to shell out the cash for a ranked server that would be passworded or only open to a few (or there are some that don't even have internet), and some people only play on a server when at a LAN. And then there are those that have a "clan mod" and only play that when other members are online. We took this all of this into account, and developed a SP/MP/Co-op option for those individuals.

I hope those of you that use BF2Statistics enjoy it. We are still in a development stage, and there will be updates in the future. If you have an positive/negative idea that you would like us to implement, please feel free to contact us.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                      X