Bf2statistics Is Released!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bf2statistics Is Released!!

Seems like kind of a waste of time to me since it does not coincide with the stats from EA.

Comment

I don't think I want any program editing my hosts file. And from the looks of your website I sure hope you reap the benefits of bombarding your pages with google adds.

Comment

I would assume that major mods could use this system to create ranking systems just for servers running that mod?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr NiceGuy
          We are wery pleased to announce the release
          of bf2statistics, the stats system that will change
          the entire "unranked" BF2 community upside-down.

All files are in the downloads section!

We have also set up a public server,
          if you wonder how the system works.
          Go download the bf2statistics Client,
          add to the database IP : 212.199.163.202
          and to the server IP : 82.148.137.226
          Play a few rounds, and check your stats
          in BFHQ, or by searching from our site.
          Note that the username and password must be right!

ENJOY!!

The bf2statistics Team.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this program will enable rankings even when you play unranked servers? Tell me why would I be interested in that in the first plays.

Comment

Originally posted by govedob
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but this program will enable rankings even when you play unranked servers? Tell me why would I be interested in that in the first plays.
            This is for server admins who dont want to pay alot of money, just to get the ingame ranking system. We dont say you HAVE to use this, but gives the unranked community server admins e.g clan server's, lan party arrangements etc
            the option to use a stats system.

Comment

Same as the EA one's...
              I am all up for this idea and i think its a great one, even though its unrewarding I always have more enjoyable games on unranked servers, but when you say the rewards are the same as EA's I take it you mean the medals rather then the unlocks as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Calmae
                I am all up for this idea and i think its a great one, even though its unrewarding I always have more enjoyable games on unranked servers, but when you say the rewards are the same as EA's I take it you mean the medals rather then the unlocks as well?
                You get it all, the awards and unlocks... And they are stored in a local database, to be shown ingame, BFHQ and on a stats page... See my crappy sig as an example! lol
                Try searching for my pid or nick at bf2s, you'll see it is not ea stats.

Mng.

Comment

cool, thanks

Comment

1 word
                    GREAT, lets bring in
                    the MODS!!!!

Comment

if it makes stats padder move from ranked to unranked servers , way to go

/sarkasm

Comment

This is So Sad.

MRNiceGuy, Beta Tester of ABR.

He decided that he waited too long on the ABR Release, so he created his own.
                        He decides that "we(ABR) leave everybody waiting an nothing happens."
                        Well, Mr nice guy doesnt code python, but he did have all the knowledge at hand.
                        After scripting a signature, and running our BETA scripts as one of the first, he could gain all usable knowledge for his own.

Actually..
                        Since Christmas we never heard of MRNiceGuy, untill now.

if anybody want to know why it takes us so long?

We have 3 man dev-team, a real life, and not much people that want to help.
                        and therefore, this mrNiceguy lacks all laws of Respect.
                        As he could actually contributed to us, with his friend, he decided to do his own thing.

a Beta Tester Gone Bad.

but, thats my opinion.

Satcom
                        ABR Developer.

Comment

Originally posted by satcomNL
                          This is So Sad.

MRNiceGuy, Beta Tester of ABR.

He decided that he waited too long on the ABR Release, so he created his own.
                          He decides that "we(ABR) leave everybody waiting an nothing happens."
                          Well, Mr nice guy doesnt code python, but he did have all the knowledge at hand.
                          After scripting a signature, and running our BETA scripts as one of the first, he could gain all usable knowledge for his own.

Actually..
                          Since Christmas we never heard of MRNiceGuy, untill now.

if anybody want to know why it takes us so long?

We have 3 man dev-team, a real life, and not much people that want to help.
                          and therefore, this mrNiceguy lacks all laws of Respect.
                          As he could actually contributed to us, with his friend, he decided to do his own thing.

a Beta Tester Gone Bad.

but, thats my opinion.

Satcom
                          ABR Developer.
                          When you talk about respect, you have lost all my respect, and i know i am not the only one. After what you said to me on msn yesterday.
                          And what gives you the right to accusing us of stealing your scripts??
                          Infact CHUMP is the man that all the credit goes to, and i reccomended him to the dev team, but you didnt even respond. i have a msn log of all our conversations, so if you dont believe me in what i say, i will be happy to show you.
                          Chump coded this from scratch, and started when the xpack was released. (the xpack came with some wery useful scripts). I had this running on my server in 2 weeks. And i couldnt believe what this man was capable of, he has coded since he was 10 years old, and has been a coder for 20.
                          One of the big reasons i didnt wanto follow you guys, was the idea of abr, i thought at first it was a gr8 idea, but what people want, is to host stats, not depending on others to hold their stats. Like on a lan...
                          And ontop of this, you are behaving like a little kid, telling me to **** of? how old are you?
                          Whatever knowledge i have, i will use it in the way i wanto, but stealing your scripts, is not a fact. I am a honest guy, and have kept the scripts from abr all to myself.

You should have gone the other way!

Mng.
                          BF2Statistics Team.

Comment

what people want, is to host stats, not depending on others to hold their stats.
                            I've only heard of ABR through my recent joining of the Project reality Mod community. I thought it was a cool idea but Mr NiceGuy has a point.

I'm sure at some point my clan is going to be running one/some of the better mods on our Unranked Box(s). We are going to want local stats that people can see how they rank against others who play on our servers. Not from all over.

Comment

MRNiceguy has no point at all.

local stats, external stats , local database, external database.... What YOU want.
                              ABR CAN do it.

we can do all the say we cant and they can.
                              Except for 1 thing.
                              Issueing Gamespy ID's - or Offline ranking.

there is a reason why we dont do that, it's not legal.
                              You cannot emulate the gamespy system, withou breaking a EULA.

About their knowledge.

let's sum it up:

All knowledge from ABR MrNiceguy gained.
                              Python files from xpack
                              our socket routine for posting stats
                              Our wiki & forums with dev information
                              an attitude that makes u scream
                              a system that pops outta nowhere within a month.
                              no simple mod support.

a brief history about both stats addons can be found here:

i referr to a third party forum, with conversations about your so called UNIQUE project.

its has nothing to do with respect, by doing this without proper noticing us. we might have coop'ed if you just have noted us in any kind.
                              but since november, we never heard of mr niceguy.

fyi, im 33yrs old, and have been sitting behind a keyboard since the c64.
                              we have and are still putting LOADS of time in abr.
                              and its not showing off any respect by doing what you did.

in my next post, i can show you to the space and tab exact, a piece of code fom our old scripts, which is now in yours.

if you still think Niceguy has a point, go ahead and use their system. at least u now know how we got backstabbed by him.

Whatever knowledge i have, i will use it in the way i wanto,
                              Satcom
                              ABR developer

Comment

our socket routine for posting stats
                                ROFL!! Is that really yours??

Chump sendt me the link to that korean site, even before i told him!
                                He did a quick google search... Hmm i have proof of everything i say here...
                                Logging is a nice feature

I havent told him **** about how abr works.

Ooh and you accuse us of stealing scripts, and methods you use??

The http post method you stole from this site LINK

This is where the method is from, and that is the site chump found all by him self!
                                I dont bother to post the msn/irc logs, but if someone wants to know, just PM me for proof.

Comment

Working...
                                X