Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Analysis of BF2 maps

Originally posted by jlspence
    I completely disagree. When this map is played on our server, again assuming equal skill on each team, the PLA win 80-90% of the time. Simply keep a squad back at the main cappable PLA base (Refinery) to protect it, and then have your other forces defending forward. The USMC starts with a ticket drain (like Karkand) and the longer the PLA can keep that drain going, the better its chance for victory. Make the USMC earn every forward base and then fall back but NEVER lose the Refinery.

Are you talking about the 64 map version or the 32 map version theres a big difference in both those maps. The 64 map version the usmc has the advantage while the 32 map IMO the usmc are up against it.

Comment

In Oman as USMC I spawn at the easternmost flag as anti-tank. Normally I spawn early so I move out double time for the hotel, get your squad members to spawn as anti-tank, medic and maybe a support. Use your rockets to kill the armor leaving the hotel then cap it fast. This denies the MEC a big chunk of their armoured advantage. Next move on to the hill just to the north of hotel and wait for more tanks to come driving down the road. This totally bottles up the MEC on an entire side of the map, and normally the USMC will pwn.

Is it me or do the USMC exhibit an advantage on most maps. The USMC feature in all the maps and the only ones where they are at even a dubious disadvantage are Sharqi, Wake, Clean Sweep and very possibly Dalian Plant.
      In assault maps I find it so much easier to attack than defend.

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
        Are you talking about the 64 map version or the 32 map version theres a big difference in both those maps. The 64 map version the usmc has the advantage while the 32 map IMO the usmc are up against it.
        I was talking about the 32 person map in my previous post; however, the same is true of the 64 player map. The only difference in the maps is there are more PLA bases at the beginning and the USMC has a base at the docks. My experience comes from playing on a team-based server where defense is used in addition to offense. What is it about the 64 player map that you believe gives the USMC an advantage? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TokenBrit
          Is it me or do the USMC exhibit an advantage on most maps. The USMC feature in all the maps and the only ones where they are at even a dubious disadvantage are Sharqi, Wake, Clean Sweep and very possibly Dalian Plant.
          In assault maps I find it so much easier to attack than defend.
          I don't agree, in fact, I think the USMC are at a disadvantage on more maps than the PLA/MEC. Here's my take in terms of who has the advantage:

Dragon Valley - PLA
          Gulf of Oman - Neutral
          Fushee Pass - USMC
          Songhua Stalemate - Neutral
          Kubra Dam - MEC
          Operation Clean Sweep - MEC
          Wake Island - PLA
          Sharqi Peninsula - MEC
          Strike at Karkand - Neutral
          Zatar Wetlands - Neutral
          Daqing Oilfields - Neutral
          Dalian Plant - PLA
          Mashtuur City - USMC

Comment

On Karkand the key is the MEC main, they keep the main and they will win 70% of the time.
            USMC take the MEC main and they win 90% of the time.

Sharqi is the same as Karkand, the USMC Main is the key to victory.

Comment

I agree the skill of the team's pilots plays a big factor in the outcome; however, I disagree about the importance of the center CP (Oil Cisterns). I find this map to be fairly well balanced, both sides have an uncappable main base. The key to victory for PLA is to capture and hold the Power Station, Old Town and the Gas Station. This gives them a majority of the bases and starts a ticket drain on the USMC. Similarly, the key to victory for the USMC is to capture and hold the Power Station, Refinery and Gas Station. The Oil Cisterns base is too difficult to defend as it is accessible from every direction. The big oil tanks overlooking the base are typical locations for snipers. This base is like the Hotel on Karkand...meaningless in the end.

I completely disagree. When this map is played on our server, again assuming equal skill on each team, the PLA win 80-90% of the time. Simply keep a squad back at the main cappable PLA base (Refinery) to protect it, and then have your other forces defending forward. The USMC starts with a ticket drain (like Karkand) and the longer the PLA can keep that drain going, the better its chance for victory. Make the USMC earn every forward base and then fall back but NEVER lose the Refinery.
              The key to unlocking Daqing is simple - if the US controls the Old City they will win, if PLA controls the Gas station they will win - all the other flags spawn vehicles really and that's it..

Comment

Originally posted by WesleyS
                On Karkand the key is the MEC main, they keep the main and they will win 70% of the time.
                USMC take the MEC main and they win 90% of the time.

Sharqi is the same as Karkand, the USMC Main is the key to victory.
                These two maps are similar, with the defending team's main base being cappable and the attacking team's main being uncappable. I see Sharqi being a bit tougher for the defending team though as the MEC start out with three uncappable bases in different directions. On 64 player maps, MEC defending team has it easier on Karkand as there are an equal number of bases east of the river. For USMC to win on Sharqi they need to keep the TV station and a second base (Hotel). They also need to hold off the MEC from capping a base early so they can keep the ticket drain going. The USMC needs a ticket advantage before they go into pure defensive mode.

For the MEC to win Sharqi, they either need to cap the TV station OR push USMC forces back to the TV station and don't allow any of them to break out and cap the back flags. A good CO helps greatly here. Once the USMC is pushed back, arty them, rape them with the chopper and snipe them.

Comment

I was talking about the 32 person map in my previous post; however, the same is true of the 64 player map. The only difference in the maps is there are more PLA bases at the beginning and the USMC has a base at the docks. My experience comes from playing on a team-based server where defense is used in addition to offense. What is it about the 64 player map that you believe gives the USMC an advantage? Thanks.
                  The way i see it for the 64 map version of dragon valley is once the usmc has a flag behind the chinese lines (preferably the powerstation) all hell can break loose for the chinese . If the usmc has a good team they will immediatly start to spawn on the new flag thats been captured and spread out in all directions trying to cap variouse flags. This makes defences a nightmare with the ammount of flags that are on the map so the chinese have to pull men back of the front line to try and deffend. That will then give the advantage to the usmc on the front line because more men and armour have to be pulled back because you dont know what flag is going to fall next. A good example for you is if the usmc capture powerstation the chinese will have to pull back twice as many men to cover the refinery and The woodyard . You dont want to lose the the Airfeild but you dont want to lose the wood yard either your going to need that attack heli and that heli pad for repairing. I could go on and on but i shouldnt you get the idea though China has to work as a team on the 64 player map just to stay in contention were as a couple of lone wolfs for the usmc can completely change the course of the battle.

Now for the 32 player map the chinese deffinatly have the advantage for one they have the high ground so they can get to the flags faster than the usmc . Also its only about deffending one flag the rest of the flags are not realy important . However (its been a while since ive played a 32 map so i could be mistaken.) from what i remember the powerstation and the hill village spawn an apc which considering the chinese can get to those flags first gives them more armour while the usmc are stuck with nothing the farmhouse flag gives you two buggies and thats it.

BTW i like playing on a well orginised chineses team have you got an i.p. to your server id like to have a game with you proberly latter on today.

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
                    BTW i like playing on a well orginised chineses team have you got an i.p. to your server id like to have a game with you proberly latter on today.
                    The IP is in my signature below...the VSFGamers BF2 ranked server. Things get going about 4 or 5 pm...the best times to play are 7 pm to midnight. If you have a mic, hook it up...most everyone uses VOIP. I'll be looking for you. We also have a Teamspeak server so if you use it, PM me or email and I'll give you the IP address and password.

Comment

Working...
                    X