Analysis of BF2 maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analysis of BF2 maps

After 280hs playing, I've earned some experience with maps... I'll try to analyze them, and predict who wins the rounds, assuming both teams are equally balanced. What usually doesn't happen since the more "skilled" guys will choose the side with better planes/helos. But anyways...

In order of time played:

Sharqi Peninsula - If the MEC team have a decent gunner/pilot combination flying the Mi-28, it will be unstoppable. Usually the ticket bleed stop before the MEC team begins to lose. I think the MEC team wins 70% of the rounds.

Mashtuur City - The (in)famous BH whoring map. Also, the M1A1 spawn is nearer to the Mosque (comparing with the Power Plant/T-90). USMC wins 65-70% of the rounds.

Strike at Karkand - It depends, the 32-map is best for USMC; they got an APC. 90% of the times the first flag captured is the Suburb, what stops the ticket bleed. From there, cap the other flags is easy job; since 90% of the MEC team will be spawning in the Hotel flag, and 90% of them as Assault.
    I think 60-65% wins for USMC.

The 64-map though is more balanced, since MEC's main base is further, and the vehichles for both teams are the same. Even when MEC is be pushed to the 4 last there's no ticket bleed. Fifty/fifty in this case.

Songhua Stalemate - A BH-whoring squad may be effective, but not as effective as it would be in Mashtuur... Also, there are lots of APCs and tanks, so its more dangerous. It's reasonably balanced; so as long as a team doesn't lose the main base, you can expect a nice fight. 55% wins for USMC I guess.

Operation Cleansweep - In this map, both MEC planes (Su-34 and Mig-29) are better than their American counterparts. Raping the USMC base, killing boats and APCs is easy task for intermediate pilots. The ticket bleed usually stops when MEC already got a good advantage. 80% wins for the MEC team.

Gulf of Oman - A reasonably balanced map. MEC gets a Fighter/Bomber (the Su-34), what means a good advantage, however, raping the MEC airfield is easier than raping the US Carrier. You know, you are an easy prey while going to the carrier. Fifty/Fifty again, I guess.

Wake Island 2007 - The Chinese team usually holds all the bases, and so when the ticket bleed ends, it will have a good advantage. Also, theres the J-10; and the helo. Killing people in boats/blackhawks with the Z-10 means automatic ticket losses; tanks usually rape the small island, and each artillery strike in the carrier kills 9-10 guys. 85% wins for China I guess.

The following maps I have played so little time that I don't know them enough to say something... Could you help me?

Dalian Plant
    Daqing Oilfields
    Dragon Valley
    Fushe Pass
    Kubra Dam
    Zatar Wetlands

Thanks

Re: Analysis of BF2 maps

very helpfull guide man i think that many will benefit from it. sorry can't help u with the other maps as i usually play sharqui(sp?)/karkand.

P.S.
    First reply hehe

Comment

Awesome stuff. Somewhat biased but I agree on most of it. Bump!

Comment

Kubra dam .

If the USMC team has the brains to take the main base of the MEC first instead of breaking there heads on the front points, the USMC team has a 84% chance to win the map .

Fushe Pass
        The USMC is a bit in advantage here on this map, this because they can get faster to the midle flag point and have better acces to most flag points then the chinees team, but the winning of the map also depends on how good the chopper/jet pilots are, choppers/jets are fast and it's a vehicle map, if they can take out most of the enemy's vehicles, there is a big chance this team will win the map.

Comment

Thanks rombaft. Now I just need some tips on:

Dalian Plant
          Daqing Oilfields
          Dragon Valley
          Zatar Wetlands

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco
            Thanks rombaft. Now I just need some tips on:

Dalian Plant
            Daqing Oilfields
            Dragon Valley
            Zatar Wetlands
            well a very important point on zatar wetlands (i called it zatar wetpants :P) is to take the centre flag as fast as possible because of the one and only heli spawn. what i'll do is take the plane, which i'm normally one of the fastest to spawn, fly to centre flag and para down. create squad and cap the flag at the same time. the centre flag will be capped by the time half of my team mates have spawned . if someone on the opposite team spawned as fast or faster than me, he would take the plane and fly to our base for some spawn killing. for that, they will lose the center flag

Comment

Gee... so much for neutrality and a all-round review of each map :P
              It'd probably be better giving a guide for each side per map- rather than telling everyone who's more likely to win per map.

But oh well- it had been a good indicator of which map should prove a challenge or not. I already know because I've suffered and rejoiced over victories and losses in all of these maps. I always play as MEC on Mashtuur- and it is very difficult to win in, the moment the US has a decent BH squad zooming here and there.

Comment

daqing oilfields.

Also depending a lot of the pilots, but besides that, As USMC you need to try keeping the centre point and the point closest to it , it's there where most of the action is, and it's easyer to defend then to take over those points, for chinees the same, who has those two points will probably win the round

Dragon Valley
                USMC will win the round most of the time, and they will win if it aren't retards in the game, trick is also not to break your head on the first flag points , you need to take the midle points first , this way the chinees can't focus anymore on defenthing the front , also I won't try to take chinees main base from the start, this because there are always some chinees left there in the start waiting for tanks, apc, jet, choppers, ...

Comment

Lets say both teams have equal skills

Dalian Plant (32/64):
                  I'd say 50/50. Both teams have uncappable. USMC got better helo and PLA got better jets. On 64 USMC starts with a slight advantage: it starts with 2 jets, where PLA has to wait for the 1st to take off and then wait for the 2nd to spawn.

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                    Kubra dam .

If the USMC team has the brains to take the main base of the MEC first instead of breaking there heads on the front points, the USMC team has a 84% chance to win the map
                    Indeed :-( I lost many times on the mec side because I did not had any bullets.

Comment

this analysis may be ok, if we speak of "general-type" of public servers, where everyone just run for the combat to get killed ("strike at karkand", as it was properly mentioned - has this type of gameplay. just every mec on hotel-point, and they all are "defending", oh yes they are).

but if you have a squad or two of tactical-minded gamers who understand that there are not only "offense" type of play but "defense" as well - then your game-experience changes a lot.

maps are quite balanced and if you use tactics/stealth sometimes/make unpredictable moves/experiment in some way - then its _really_ got interesting.

sry for english, btw

Comment

Yep, pretty much agree with the posts here. I'd say with all sides being equal that the MEC have a slight advantage over the USMC on Gulf of Oman. Air supremacy is crucial on this map and the MEC side's jets are better overall. If the US lose their outposts, then the journey to the land becomes extremely hazardous.

Comment

Dragon Valley
                          USMC will win the round most of the time, and they will win if it aren't retards in the game, trick is also not to break your head on the first flag points , you need to take the midle points first , this way the chinees can't focus anymore on defenthing the front , also I won't try to take chinees main base from the start, this because there are always some chinees left there in the start waiting for tanks, apc, jet, choppers, ...
                          Dragon valley is the map i have played the most and it is my favourite maps. Id have to agree with rombaft with prety much what hes saying there for the usmc lone wolfs all going for random flags past the main line will win it for them. As the chinese team has to work as a team and deffend certain areas (Not flags).

On the 64 player version of dragon valley if im the usmc i always start the map at the docks. Once spawned first thing i'll do is grab a buggie and try and get people into the buggie i'll then head out of the western entrance of the docks drive up the road untill i see the trees. As soon as i see the trees ill do a right up the enbankment and then drive right along the top of the hills all the way past the south of the woodyard. I will then take the backroad to the powerstation and cap that flag (If im on my own ill go up the ladder then drop onto the top of the big transformers to the right of the flag no one ever looks there for you.) from there ill head for the hill village and try to cap that flag. Aslong as the usmc hasn't lost the docks and are not complete idiots once the powerstation has been captured the chinese team are in a whole world of trouble. With the taking of this flag they have to deffend 3 different base's 2 of which if you can cap totaly takes out there air power (The refinery & the wood yard).

Blue lines in the pick show were to go for usmc.

As for the chinese side the first thing to do is grab an apc and then park up at the junction just outside the refinery . From this posistion you can get to 4 flags in 10 seconds or under i.e. The Refinery, Powerstation, Hill village & the woodyard. From the juction i'll just sit there and spot stuff like enemy jets enemy helis or anything else i see. As soon as a flag goes neutral or i know a flag is under attack ill drive like a mad man to recapture it or stop it being capped but ill only approach a base from certain directions. The Powerstation ill try to always approach it from across the wooden bridge just incase a tanks spawns i can fire through the fence but a tank cant shot back at me. For the Woodyard ill try and always approach from across the water so i can avoid the TOW'S i can also use the window on the southern wall to peep in and make sure theres no armour and if there is ill have alot more protection. And as for the hill village i try and take the back road in and as soon as i go around the corner ill blow up the TOW with a missle.

Red lines in the pick show were to go for Chinese

A little of topic i know but doing this on Dragon valley will signficatnly increase your chances of winning the map (you wont usually get a great score but you will have a much higher chance of winning the map).

Comment

daqing oilfields.

Also depending a lot of the pilots, but besides that, As USMC you need to try keeping the centre point and the point closest to it , it's there where most of the action is, and it's easyer to defend then to take over those points, for chinees the same, who has those two points will probably win the round
                            I agree the skill of the team's pilots plays a big factor in the outcome; however, I disagree about the importance of the center CP (Oil Cisterns). I find this map to be fairly well balanced, both sides have an uncappable main base. The key to victory for PLA is to capture and hold the Power Station, Old Town and the Gas Station. This gives them a majority of the bases and starts a ticket drain on the USMC. Similarly, the key to victory for the USMC is to capture and hold the Power Station, Refinery and Gas Station. The Oil Cisterns base is too difficult to defend as it is accessible from every direction. The big oil tanks overlooking the base are typical locations for snipers. This base is like the Hotel on Karkand...meaningless in the end.

Dragon Valley
                            I completely disagree. When this map is played on our server, again assuming equal skill on each team, the PLA win 80-90% of the time. Simply keep a squad back at the main cappable PLA base (Refinery) to protect it, and then have your other forces defending forward. The USMC starts with a ticket drain (like Karkand) and the longer the PLA can keep that drain going, the better its chance for victory. Make the USMC earn every forward base and then fall back but NEVER lose the Refinery.

Comment

Kubra dam .

If the USMC team has the brains to take the main base of the MEC first instead of breaking there heads on the front points, the USMC team has a 84% chance to win the map .
                              Brains and ability. Personally, I think this map is an advantage to the MEC, similar to the Dragon Valley map. If the main MEC base (Intake) isn't being well defended, certainly take it first. However, if the Intake is well defended, cap the Construction Site base first so the USMC has a forward spawn point.

On the MEC side, I'm a quick spawner so I typically spawn at the Refueling Station as Special Forces, grab the jeep, go up and blow the Bridge, drive down to the Bridge Base and cap it. That inhibits the USMC mobility and turns some of their attention away from the rear MEC bases.

Fushe Pass
                              The USMC is a bit in advantage here on this map, this because they can get faster to the midle flag point and have better acces to most flag points then the chinees team, but the winning of the map also depends on how good the chopper/jet pilots are, choppers/jets are fast and it's a vehicle map, if they can take out most of the enemy's vehicles, there is a big chance this team will win the map.
                              Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                              X