SF: Verifying Client = Zzzzz...Zzzzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF: Verifying Client = Zzzzz...Zzzzz

Why does it take so long to verify client when joining a SF server vs. vanilla. Vanilla verifies in about 7 sec but SF takes up to 2 minutes!

Re: SF: Verifying Client = Zzzzz...Zzzzz

it takes my system 3+ min for SF and vanilla for me....someone said it was a memory issue (though I can't confirm or deny)

Comment

Originally posted by DireIce
      Why does it take so long to verify client when joining a SF server vs. vanilla. Vanilla verifies in about 7 sec but SF takes up to 2 minutes!
      I think I have this problem too.

Comment

ya, SF takes a lot longer than vanilla does for me too. sometimes the background music actually ends and starts over again it takes so long...so sad.

Comment

That is my only complaint in a otherwise fantastic game.

I might have to dump the 7200 rpm maxtors and go up to the new Raptor 150's in RAID 0 to try to do that task faster.

Comment

Doubt its a memory problem, I've 2.5 gig Ocz, and sf takes forever to verify

Comment

Does anyone really speed through the client verification? If so they better post some system specs. Otherwise, I think this is really an issue with the servers on EA's side. I've noticed this takes longer (for me) evenings and weekends while there are more players trying to get on. Of course this could be a placebo effect.

Comment

I think it has to do with SF verifying data for both SF and BF2, whereas BF2 only verifies data for BF2 only.

If it only verified data for SF only then it would take the same time or less though because its an expansion it has to verify data for both, atleast that seems to be the way it works.

Comment

Ive heard the verifying is mostly CPU dependant. Im normally one of the first into the game. I have a a64 @2.5g (which is about 4200+ ) and 2g of ram. Sata 7200rpm drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Geekybiker
                    Ive heard the verifying is mostly CPU dependant. Im normally one of the first into the game. I have a a64 @2.5g (which is about 4200+ ) and 2g of ram. Sata 7200rpm drive.
                    Nope I think you will find its RAM dependant as this is where you get the big boost from adding more RAM 1.5-2 gig

Comment

Originally posted by HellzxFluffyBunny
                      Does anyone really speed through the client verification? If so they better post some system specs. Otherwise, I think this is really an issue with the servers on EA's side. I've noticed this takes longer (for me) evenings and weekends while there are more players trying to get on. Of course this could be a placebo effect.
                      Takes me about 15 seconds to load (yes, load AND verify client data) in Vanilla, about 45 in SF.

AMD 64 3800+
                      2 gig Corsair RAM
                      WD Raptor 74 gb HD
                      nVidia 7800 GT

Comment

Verifying checks ram and hard drives. It takes be 10seconds to load a map, 30 if it's optifying, and then about 30seconds to validate. But I intend on getting 2 150 Raid-5 Raptors

Comment

Loading is the same for me in both "games", about 23-25 seconds (verification not included).

The verification is a different story though.. In BF2 its almost instant, sometimes I have to wait 1-2 seconds. In SF, on the other hand, verification takes about 10-15 seconds..

Everything runs worse in SF than BF2, so I'm not surprised that the Verification takes longer aswell.. Hopefully they'll optimize SF in 1.2.

Comment

They better optomize, or they'll just put them in the bonus packs.

Comment

it takes about 7 - 10 sec. for my verifying client data message to get done and let me join the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X