X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breezey
    Guest replied
    Re: SF: Verifying Client = Zzzzz...Zzzzz

it takes me about 15 seconds to load map then about 15 to verify it , but it does entirly depend on which server i am going into
    i belive it depends on your ping for the server, i never go into anything with a ping higher than 100 so i can load fast,

p4 3.0 ghz ht
    160 sata 7200 rpm
    1.5 gig 400 mhz ddr ram

Leave a comment:

• HYP3R
    Guest replied

Originally posted by enterman
    it takes about 7 - 10 sec. for my verifying client data message to get done and let me join the game.
    Same here. I usually play on same server 24/7 Warlord/GhostTown ping about 20-40.

I think its Memory dependant and quite possibly ping related. As It takes me about 45 seconds to 1 minute on servers that I ping over 80.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Wasp
    Guest replied

When I finally get into a SF server I usually get the message "Lost connection to server" and have to do the whole thing again. :shakehead

Leave a comment:

• Kolbeck10
    Guest replied

It takes me about 2-3 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• reko
    Guest replied

i aint to sure, i think i have noticed a difference with a smaller ping it seems to be quicker!

reko

Leave a comment:

• fab
    Guest replied

Just join servers that dont have the little green TV next to them and youll verify almost instantly (dunno what the green screen is for sorry)

Leave a comment:

• imported_Rafterman
    replied

In some cases I verify almost instantly and in others it takes about 15 seconds.

My guess is that it's memory dependent.

Leave a comment:

• enterman
    Guest replied

it takes about 7 - 10 sec. for my verifying client data message to get done and let me join the game.

Leave a comment:

• ledbythereaper
    Guest replied

They better optomize, or they'll just put them in the bonus packs.

Leave a comment:

• Berrern
    replied

Loading is the same for me in both "games", about 23-25 seconds (verification not included).

The verification is a different story though.. In BF2 its almost instant, sometimes I have to wait 1-2 seconds. In SF, on the other hand, verification takes about 10-15 seconds..

Everything runs worse in SF than BF2, so I'm not surprised that the Verification takes longer aswell.. Hopefully they'll optimize SF in 1.2.

Leave a comment:

• ledbythereaper
    Guest replied

Verifying checks ram and hard drives. It takes be 10seconds to load a map, 30 if it's optifying, and then about 30seconds to validate. But I intend on getting 2 150 Raid-5 Raptors

Leave a comment:

• BigFellor
    replied

Originally posted by HellzxFluffyBunny
    Does anyone really speed through the client verification? If so they better post some system specs. Otherwise, I think this is really an issue with the servers on EA's side. I've noticed this takes longer (for me) evenings and weekends while there are more players trying to get on. Of course this could be a placebo effect.
    Takes me about 15 seconds to load (yes, load AND verify client data) in Vanilla, about 45 in SF.

AMD 64 3800+
    2 gig Corsair RAM
    WD Raptor 74 gb HD
    nVidia 7800 GT

Leave a comment:

• « R²» HKS
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Geekybiker
    Ive heard the verifying is mostly CPU dependant. Im normally one of the first into the game. I have a a64 @2.5g (which is about 4200+ ) and 2g of ram. Sata 7200rpm drive.
    Nope I think you will find its RAM dependant as this is where you get the big boost from adding more RAM 1.5-2 gig

Leave a comment:

• Geekybiker
    Guest replied

Ive heard the verifying is mostly CPU dependant. Im normally one of the first into the game. I have a a64 @2.5g (which is about 4200+ ) and 2g of ram. Sata 7200rpm drive.

Leave a comment:

• « R²» HKS
    Guest replied

I think it has to do with SF verifying data for both SF and BF2, whereas BF2 only verifies data for BF2 only.

If it only verified data for SF only then it would take the same time or less though because its an expansion it has to verify data for both, atleast that seems to be the way it works.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X