Quick and Easy Question Before I buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quick and Easy Question Before I buy

fair enough moosey, each to his own after all. that sounds like a pretty interesting setup you use, i might give that a try and see how it goes! one lives and learns after all!

cheers

Comment

Oh yeah, you need to change the thing that you are changing the thing your changing to something else so you can change. Litterally. I've used the WASD controls for 5 PC games and it is my nature to go for them. You will find that knowing how to type without looking helps in this game. You don't need it but you can find any key fast.

Comment

Exactly mate, we all do things differently and thats what makes the world go round. If you're happy with your set up I'd stick with it. Trying to change is like trying to write left handed if you've always been right handed. You'll probably adapt in the end but whats the point.
        Nuff respec (as they say on the streets, apparently) to you wasd boys, the worlds best fps's all use that set up, so I'm led to believe, so it must be good, just aint for me.
        I'll probably buy BF2 tomorrow, for now I'm going to play a bit of COD2 as its a simpy brilliant multiplayer blast. Not the depth of BF2 for sure but as a simple bit of Team DM on some luvverly looking maps it can't be beat.
        TTFN.

Comment

Originally posted by moosehunter
          when trying to change to my system in the controls menu I kept getting error messages that the key I was trying to change was already assigned in common controls. Not just with he rgith mouse button but with others to. Try as I might I couldn't find the key I was trying to change in common controls or any other controls. Even deleting all the key assignments didn't work.
          A workaround for this is to open up the controls.con file and delete everything in it. This way, when you enter setup in-game, all keys will be wiped and you wont get that stupid message

Comment

Hi Berren
            Tried that. The only controls.con file I could find in the demo was in the mods folder. So deleted everything in the controls.con file. Then went to game, had to select reset to default which then got rid of all the key assignments and let me have what ever i wanted. Great so far. Load up the game and ther mouse doesn't work on the selection of class screen. So have to ctrl alt del to get out of the game. re load it and select controls in options, game just crashes to desk top.
            Any idea what i did wrong. If this is how complicated its gonna be on the full version I don't think I'll bother.

Comment

The controls.con file in the Mods folder is just a default one. The one in use is in the My Documents folder, under Profiles. Dunno if it works that way in the demo though, never played it.

Comment

I fear a lot of fiddling and messing about come tomorrow after purchase. B****r.

Comment

Working...
                X