Medics - and other roles in BF2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medics - and other roles in BF2.

I was playing on Karkand and wasnt doing half bad until I was popped by a M95 that took me down to 2 bars. I immediatly called for a medic, when on my radar 4-6 red crosses came up! I was relieved. I started making my way towards the closes one, who happened to be a rather high rank. In my mind I thought. good, a person with rank might help me faster....he knows what he is doing. right?

He started to run away.

I called medic once....twice.....3,4,5....kept running right into the heat of battle with non of our guys around.

Right when I needed him most....he left me to die.....I cried.

It has happend a few times in my days of battle.

Got me to thinking about roles in BF2. After some forum searching. I have come to find out that the medic kit seems to be the go-to kit for pumping the stats. Thats fine with me. What about taking full resposibility in the kit you choose? I understand you wanting to rank up and all this. But when you play certain roles, people need you. Especially in kits like, medics, mechanics, and support.

What do you guys think?

~Check 'can i get a medic!' Sando

Re: Medics - and other roles in BF2.

Well yes but sadly that is the nature of public play. It is a joy when folks play the way the way it should even when you don't know the players but you want consistency you need to squad up your clan mates and lock the squad.

But expecting good sense from anyone with a copy of BF2 and an internet connection, sadly, is asking too much.

Comment

Its most likely they did not notice you, many people don't seem to hear the voice commands or notice the icons on the map no matter what happens. Its especially bad if you are not American as most folk don't immediatly understand what an MEC or Chinese phrase means and don't bother reading the chat.

However I do agree with you that people should take responsability for their roles, if I see one more medic leave me in the dust despite the area being basically safe I'll cry :P As long as you do your best as those kits though and fufil the roles don't worry about others, they may take after you example when you save their butt.

Comment

What makes this story sadder is, all the guy had to do was turn and throw a bag. That's good enough for me, and he'd get his point.

Playing medic freaks me out. The only time I do it is on the odd occassion when I'm revived but the medic is killed, and I end up with his kit...strange, that. The last time that happened, I was running like hell, and throwing bags as I went. I did manage to revive two guys on the way, but that was luck.

It doesn't take long before I get shot, and can respawn as support with my rather large, and lethal belt-fed baby. Whew. Good medics are such a great help, I can't help but feel constantly grateful.

I had the pleasure of leading a squad with a good medic recently. I get a few dings as I'm trying to rush to another good spawn point for my squad to use. He'd always tighten me up before he went his way into the fray. That way, the squad always had a good spot to respawn, and won best squad honors map after map. It's such a pleasure to play that way, you have to wonder why there's still people who don't.

Comment

It's even harder to find an engineer to repair your vehicle for you.

Comment

hmm, I think that he doesn't want to waste time on you. and just pointwhore

Comment

oh my god i hate most of the medics i play with.....they suck..they never revive me or even try to get points by med pack whoring. and is it just me or am i the only guy who will run in front of an apc to revive a guy?

Comment

you see so many things on the battlefield,

calling for ammo, but the guy just won't come, he is to bussy trowing ammo bags at low lifes

some guy is wounded badly, you trow medic bag at him, he runs away (??)

you cal for a ride and they drive around you

some engi places mines just in front of your vehicle, just because he doesn't like the fact you have the vehicle, then he says, why the punish ?

you accidently shoot a teammate, you rush to revice and say sorry, he look at you , says thank you and then you see "you have been punished..."

just the way it is man, it are humens who play the game, not angels

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                  you accidently shoot a teammate, you rush to revice and say sorry, he look at you , says thank you and then you see "you have been punished..."
                  A classic BF2 moment.

Usually I shoot the guy in the foot with my pistol if the medic keeps ignoring me and multiple 'I need a medic!' yells.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilla_Incognito
                    oh my god i hate most of the medics i play with.....they suck..they never revive me or even try to get points by med pack whoring. and is it just me or am i the only guy who will run in front of an apc to revive a guy?
                    The point of being a good medic is to NOT revive people in front of an APC and other death traps. I'd rather have the dumb medics just leave me instead of adding another 10 secs onto my spawn time.

But as for the rest of the thread, I love playing medic. I can't count the number of times I've had to clean up the enemy squads and revive my people back so we can take a flag. The only thing better than getting a revive is killing two people right next to each other and reviving

Comment

Originally posted by Dilla_Incognito
                      Most people dont do that because then they end up dead and add an extra 15 secs to the dead guys spawntime when the apc turns round and takes em both out

Comment

There are lots of medics who play in squads. When they're in a squad, they dedicate 99% of their attention to squad mates, which is quite ok (saved my a$$ dozens of times).

When I (rarely) play medic, I always play it in squad, and I dedicate 99% of my attention to squad mates (if we're capping flag, I'll be concentrated to keep my squad mates alive, won't look around to see what lonewolfs need).

Maybe you just had bad luck, and had 5 medics from 5 squads around, who were more interested in squad mates

Comment

The best part of being a medic is killing people with the paddles LMAO it's worse then a knife kill.

I love playing medic, I just spend my time running from one wounded person to the next. Usually do pretty well in the points department due to massive heals and the AK is devastating.

Comment

Well for one I can tell you not all the time are you paying attention to the radio or the mini map. I've been a medic and had guys chase me, never realizing they needed it because I was too busy engaging the enemy.

Sadly though, mostly it's cause they're jerks

Comment

Originally posted by fate0521
                              The point of being a good medic is to NOT revive people in front of an APC and other death traps. I'd rather have the dumb medics just leave me instead of adding another 10 secs onto my spawn time.
                              Yep that annoys me too!.. I'm sure some medics do it just to get their 2pts.

Originally posted by fate0521
                              But as for the rest of the thread, I love playing medic. I can't count the number of times I've had to clean up the enemy squads and revive my people back so we can take a flag. The only thing better than getting a revive is killing two people right next to each other and reviving
                              Aye, total rush when you do that... good times on Wake Island doing that very same thing!

Regarding the original post... there's only one excuse for someone not throwing you a 'pack or dropping one where they were. Only excuse is the heat was on and every medic was busy supporting and would've compromised themselves to backtrack and help you.

I play a medic and I usually make every effort to heal, revive and support any teammate on the field. Makes no difference if you are squad member or not: it's all down to who needs support most at the time. But if someone falls behind and I need to break from my group (squad or no squad) to help a stray sheep then I have to stay with the squad/mission. In that case I think as a support class it's kind of your obligation to issue a "Negative" over radio. Least then the sheep knows the situation.

If anyone was to get priority though I think Squad Leaders should perhaps get it. Just to keep the squad together (SL respawns) and the fact they can call upon the Commander for support, artillery etc.

I love playing as a medic, and always play 'faithfully' to the role. I love the balance of support, healing and reviving. Balancing things like resisting the honeypots and assessing who needs support most and where I should be to best help my team is great! It's the dependencies each class has on each other that keeps me interested in BF2.

Public servers might not be the best place to see that in process, but best of luck in finding it!

Peace!
                              Gary

PS- regarding the idea that medic is the best class to play for points... I dunno... Jet Pilot 'class' usually seem to top most scoreboards I see.

Comment

Working...
                              X