Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hilicopter defense has been weakened too much in 1.2

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
    ...I invite you to take one tank shell on an apache from real life, I assure you that the apache will be blow into 1000000 pieces.
    realisticly though, an apache is not going to be hovering where some tank can blow it out of the air IRL.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Well, now maybe ground units will get their due after months on months of having their heads kicked in by air units with little to no retaliation.
      I'm sure, if it is true, (I'm doubtfull) air whores (for a lack of a better term) can manage to not pout too much for the next several months as ground units get their revenge.

Comment

the bad part now will be the guns on the planes will probably totally destroy a helo in 2 seconds.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
          realisticly though, an apache is not going to be hovering where some tank can blow it out of the air IRL.
          which, you can also do in BF2 by having a good gunner and use TVM

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
            The only flying tank is a BH and I don't BH whore. Attack heli's are weak. 1 tank shell from full health to a cobra and it has 3.5 bars of health left. For all those tank whores that complain they should die in 1 tank shell, use the damn machine gun to finish them off. 1 more bars damage and they catch on fire.

While I agree its not rocket science to kill a heli, I doubt the 3.5 bars left story. Ive hit a cobra with a tank shell and chased it with the coaxial machine gun for several seconds before and after with lots of hits and still didnt have it catch fire. Havent done test be from my experience Attack helos can take 2 tank shells and still not immediately blow up. Usually they scamper off after one though.

Comment

Yea they really are dumbing down the airpower. I'm pretty sure that an at rocket makes a chopper smoke a bit so I wouldn't be surprised a tank sehll takes off 3/4 of the health. And the 50 cals on the cars are deadly. Even one can take an attack helo by himself if the pilot doesn't know where he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Geekybiker
                While I agree its not rocket science to kill a heli, I doubt the 3.5 bars left story.
                I guarantee this and I'm not in the habit of telling lies, thanks all the same. I have been killed 1 shot by tanks before with full health. This particular situation I got hit head on and had 3.5 bars left in the red, from full health. This happened to me about 3 days ago and is why I brought this up, because I looked to see the damage then wondered what it would be like with less hp. as I said it was 1 bar off from catching fire. In fact if I had then been hit by an M95 I would have been dead.

M95's do a suprising amount of damage to a heli, I probably shouldn't spread this info but its true. Makes me wonder with patch 1.2 if an M95 can take a heli out in 4-5 shots, it wouldn't suprise me.

Look try it out for yourself on an unranked server, you can already 1 shot kill a heli if you hit it in the right spot, don't ask me where, but you can. If you hit it front on, then go and jump in the heli and see for yourself. Its the people who can't fly a heli that cry about it and obviously don't realise how much damage that tank shell actually does. But guess what, those that have hit me with a shell, have never ever fired a single round out of the tanks machine gun and I mean no one ever, does that say anything?

No heli's other than BH's can survive 2 tank shells I guarantee this, i you don't believe me test it for yourself. 2 tanks shells = death to all attack helos, if you hit it in the right spot 1 tank shell = death. 1 tank shell to the front of the cobra from full health = 3.5 bars left, as I said test this for yourself.

EDIT: 2 AT rockets already = death to an attack heli.

Comment

Originally posted by PureBlueFlames
                  As shown in the new 1.2 video, a single tank mounted machine gun clip can destroy an attack helicopter? Haven't we heard that stroy from Mr. Sahaf, the formal Iraq's information minister?
                  I've said it in other threads, and I'll say it here too. We playtested an ALPHA build of the patch. We learned many things from it, and we've changed many things. Helicopters are no exception to this. Patch notes are not final. What you see in videos are not final. None of this is final until the patch hits the street.

Comment

i have seen the video where a tank mg takes out an attack helicopter and i can tell you that no, helicopters are not to weak, they will just assume a more realistic role, long range tv shots from a concealed position. i play on both sides (air/land) and this is definitly a welcome change.

i just hope that aa will actually hit jets now, the helicopter wasnt really the problem so much as jets and the blackhawk, and i think the blackhawk is definitly going to be better off after the patch because its a transport helicopter, and it should be used as such, the door guns should be for helicopter defence, not as an offencive weapon, this patch cant come soon enough.

Comment

I think its good the choppers will be shot down with 1 tank shell... i'm a chopper pilot myself and do hope I will also be one after the patch but I dont think its gonna be a problem... just gonna have to be way more careful and way less rambo-style. But! as many have said: lets wait and see first!

Comment

Originally posted by Sin317
                        that is exactly what i said in the other threat about the video.

clueless idiots going to make stupid clueless totally ignorant whine threats about stuff that a) doesnt even exist (as this one) or b) about stuff that is not final/true.
                        alltho i stay behind my point, i want to apologize for the words i used.

Comment

Working...
                        X