Hilicopter defense has been weakened too much in 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilicopter defense has been weakened too much in 1.2

As shown in the new 1.2 video, a single tank mounted machine gun clip can destroy an attack helicopter? Haven't we heard that stroy from Mr. Sahaf, the formal Iraq's information minister?

Re: Hilicopter defense has been weakened too much in 1.2

no.....that was a UAV the carbine was shooting at

very different

Comment

Delete this thread. :P

Comment

that is exactly what i said in the other threat about the video.

clueless idiots going to make stupid clueless totally ignorant whine threats about stuff that a) doesnt even exist (as this one) or b) about stuff that is not final/true.

Comment

Originally posted by OBCD
          no.....that was a UAV the carbine was shooting at

very different
          Don't skip any part of that video.

Comment

Even though his original comment is wrong as he was obviously referring to the UAV plane he is still correct as in the title of this thread.

From that video it is painfully obvious that the heli's have been nerfed big time. I was in the lets wait, play and see boat but you don't have to be einsteen to work it out what it will be like from that vid.

Grrr very Grrr

Comment

Originally posted by PureBlueFlames
              Don't skip any part of that video.
              you said attack hilicopter bud i watched the whole thing he never shot at an attack hilli w a carbine

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                Even though his original comment is wrong as he was obviously referring to the UAV plane he is still correct as in the title of this thread.

From that video it is painfully obvious that the heli's have been nerfed big time. I was in the lets wait, play and see boat but you don't have to be einsteen to work it out what it will be like from that vid.

Grrr very Grrr

So now we get to hear from all of the chopper fan boys who can't believe their flying tanks can actually be shot down with reasonable ground fire.

Perhaps now you pilots will actually have to fly them the way they were supposed to be flown - stealthily and using the terrain as cover.

Comment

how can u complain when the patch hasnt been released yet, us BF2 players sure are bitchy..

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
                    So now we get to hear from all of the chopper fan boys who can't believe their flying tanks can actually be shot down with reasonable ground fire.

Perhaps now you pilots will actually have to fly them the way they were supposed to be flown - stealthily and using the terrain as cover.
                    Look its quite simple really. Ever since I flew my 1st heli on the BF series I liked them. That's a particular part of the game I like. Some like to be tank whores, some like infantry, some like planes etc etc. That is not the only thing I do but I do get a lot of enjoyment out of it, that's for sure.

The only flying tank is a BH and I don't BH whore. Attack heli's are weak. 1 tank shell from full health to a cobra and it has 3.5 bars of health left. For all those tank whores that complain they should die in 1 tank shell, use the damn machine gun to finish them off. 1 more bars damage and they catch on fire. Its not rocket science to work out how to kill a heli. 2 50 cals almost always = certain death because a lot of the time you don't even realise you are getting hit and by the time you do there is nothing you can do about it to get out of their range in time.

I will complain about this because that's a part of the game I have always liked and now it will be next to useless from watching that vid. Flame all you want but for me they have ruined my enjoyment of this game and I'm sure many many others.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                      Look its quite simple really. Ever since I flew my 1st heli on the BF series I liked them. That's a particular part of the game I like. Some like to be tank whores, some like infantry, some like planes etc etc. That is not the only thing I do but I do get a lot of enjoyment out of it, that's for sure.

The only flying tank is a BH and I don't BH whore. Attack heli's are weak. 1 tank shell from full health to a cobra and it has 3.5 bars of health left. For all those tank whores that complain they should die in 1 tank shell, use the damn machine gun to finish them off. 1 more bars damage and they catch on fire. Its not rocket science to work out how to kill a heli. 2 50 cals almost always = certain death because a lot of the time you don't even realise you are getting hit and by the time you do there is nothing you can do about it to get out of their range in time.

I will complain about this because that's a part of the game I have always liked and now it will be next to useless from watching that vid. Flame all you want but for me they have ruined my enjoyment of this game and I'm sure many many others.
                      How can you complain about something you haven't experienced yet? How do you know helos will be useless? You're basing your opinion off of a extemely short video of "possible" footage of the new patch. I can understand your gripes, I suppose, if you've played 1.2. You've already made up your mind that everything about the helos is going to be the end of your BF2 gaming...
                      I guess my point is to hold off on your judgement until you've played it...

Comment

The way it is, people that like to play the ground or just dont know how to fly are going to whine about airpower. The people that like to fly, or those like me who like to fly every once in a while, are going to be peeved that the aircraft were dumbed down so greatly. All that needed to be fixed was the AA, and that would solve everyone's problems. Soon people are going to be complaining that its not fair medics can heal themselves, or snipers have ghillie suits, or its not fair, you shouldnt be able to throw hand grenades. As I continue to point out, airpower is supposed to be powerful. why is there only 1 or two of jets/attack choppers in a level per side? I see a lot more tanks than I do jets/choppers. People keep wanting to make this game realistic, which this is not a realistic game. If it was realistic, to take out the enemy, the jets would be flying at like 50,000 ft, press one button and a laser guided bomb blows everyone up. Or better yet, the navy fires a cruise missile and blows everyone up. A b52 drops several bombs. So i am being sarcastic, I just am tired of people wanting to make this game realistic, wanting to make it so this happens and that. Just play the game people! gesh....ok my rant is over

Comment

Originally posted by OBCD
                          you said attack hilicopter bud i watched the whole thing he never shot at an attack hilli w a carbine

I was wrong, it was from a tank machine gun clip. The point is still valid.

Comment

it's something that air should be powerful, it's another thing that helo cannot be shot down by one tank shell, that's wholely unrealstic.

I invite you to take one tank shell on an apache from real life, I assure you that the apache will be blow into 1000000 pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by PureBlueFlames
                              I was wrong, it was from a tank machine gun clip. The point is still valid.
                              its alright, your point is valid i wasnt tryin to flame just pointing out how that might confuse people

Comment

Working...
                              X