Clever Tactic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clever Tactic

trapped bodies? ITS VIETNAM ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!

Comment

I used to do something like this in team fortress classic as demoman. Just roll 6 green grenades along a wall in a tunnel onto the same spot and drop an ammo rucksack over the bombs. people would run over it without fail *every* time, and explode magically in a hail of livers, heads and thigh bones

We had lame tactics in those days too - engineers would drop all their ammo and hun up to demomen, fatties and soldiers and suicide bomb with a grenade. as they had no ammo, they wouldn't be hurt, but the fatty would turn inside out.

that game was ace

Comment

I'm impressed. I find c4 really annoying but wow this is a really cool tactic. Nice thread.

My friend likes to put C4 on the inside wall beside the entrance to the stairway in the bottom of the TV Station on Sharqi (and Warlord). I lay at the top of the stairs and aim down with a PKM and he stands beside me, and blows the c4 when someone comes rushing in. I mop up the remaining idiots and then turn around and chuck an ammo bag at him.

Comment

QUESTION-

When you kill a man, and he is revived, is your kill revoked? I notice if i am shot, i get the message "you were killed by 3Libras". But I get revived, and have no deaths?

Please clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by deadman2312
            QUESTION-

When you kill a man, and he is revived, is your kill revoked? I notice if i am shot, i get the message "you were killed by 3Libras". But I get revived, and have no deaths?

Please clarify?
            The kill is not revoked but the death is. It's not a death until it switches from critically wounded to dead- Statpadding would be toast for the medics if kills worked the same way.

EDIT: That's why it puzzles me when people get mad over medics reviving them in a firefight. It doesn't hurt your stats, and it doesn't waste tickets. And you don't need much reflex to spray all over in someone's direction and make at least 1 kill before you're down again. I dunno, I'm thankful even if a medic revives me 3 times without success.

Comment

Heh heh, reminds me of a time when I was playing on Dalian Plant- and there's always a sneaky few Spec Ops who snigger at people walking into their traps.

I managed to buddy up with an awesome Helo pilot who know what he's doin. Well, we did get shot down on the odd occaision- and we spawn back at the China uncapturable base to get the next Helo that pops back up.

At the Helipad, I managed to spot 2 packages of C4 and it seemed rather odd- because neither of us had planted it. So before he got within the blast radius I typed with great gusto: "C4! WAIT! that's not yours is it?"
              we both looked around and so no-one but each other. But he managed to spot something sticking out of the sentry tower right behind the helipad. He ran up to address the problem- but the guy spotted him already and took him down. Too bad the guy didn't see me- and I was medic at the time so I revived me pilot. At that point- we both lobbed a grenade into the sentry tower- watched the guy squirm out- but not fast enough.

Thing was- the C4 guy was also waiting for someone to hop into the Helo... But the Helo hadn't even spawned yet... silly boy :P

Love the C4 tactics you guys mentioned though- it's brilliant. You should also see the thread on using C4 to obscure Tank view-ports... now THAT is genius :P

Comment

i sometimes stand in front of my landmines and see ppl driving their jeeps to run me over, and when they are close enough i jump away and they explode.... kinda funny when it works well :P

Comment

ya this is a good one, thats also the best time to use a grenade launcher, just camp dead bodies with it.

Comment

I like doing bomb run tactics as a medic. Run into a group of enemies and right click your grenade (just drops the nade), then sprint out with the medkit in hand. BOOM!

They can't hit you dead on since with that crowd, they'd end up teamkilling someone. Normally you only get some scrapes, and the medkit helps take care of that.

Comment

I employ that little tatic in Karkand from time to time.

Kill a few people with nades or gunfire in the alley at one specific spot, stack bodies.

Plant the C4 as the enemy medics charge in to heal the wounded. (I said "Plant the C4" not chunk, chuck, hop/throw etc")

After a few C4's the last medic is given time to respawn all of them then BOOM! 10 bodies fly like popcorn from a exploding factory.

I think with good timing and no tk's you can get Vet C4 or even Expert on a few loadouts during a heavy Karkand battle. (Or not... especially once they resolve never to experience that particular spot again and flank ya)

Comment

I know heaps of medic whores don't kill the enemy first, I've come across this so many, times, of course you would wait for him to revive, it's common sense, I've even waited for medic to revive the guy, knowing I was standing there, right next to him, and after he did, I just killed them both.

Comment

Working...
                        X