Aliasing in BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aliasing in BF2

Has anyone else payed attention to this problem: The textures are rendered in a quite funny way? Like they start to render when u get closer but especially the buildings just at some point get clear, they don't render "smoothy"?

Is this a bug with my comp, tweaking along the patches to make the game work better or the mysterious performance gain with the ATI cards!?

Re: Aliasing in BF2

Originally posted by Cambridge
    Has anyone else payed attention to this problem: The textures are rendered in a quite funny way? Like they start to render when u get closer but especially the buildings just at some point get clear, they don't render "smoothy"?

Is this a bug with my comp, tweaking along the patches to make the game work better or the mysterious performance gain with the ATI cards!?
    same with me... kinda funny acually:laugh:

Comment

haffeysucks :P how the HELL did you got your proc to 3.2 ghz !???

Comment

Isn't that mipmapping?

Comment

Well I don't know? Anyone with more knowledge on this?

Comment

Originally posted by redearedslider
            He does'nt unless he's using a phase changer for cooling which he's not.

Therefore he must be lying so let's BURN HIM.

Ok, burning is a bit strong, er ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorman01
              He does'nt unless he's using a phase changer for cooling which he's not.

Therefore he must be lying so let's BURN HIM.

Ok, burning is a bit strong, er ideas?
              I think he has a TYPO, maybe he tried to but the normal 2.2 ghz instead of 3.2 ghz. He doesn't seem a nerd to me...

Comment

trust me hes not at 3.2, trust me. Also, about the game rendering, this IS a part of the game it has a horrible draw distance. I know because I asked this same question not too long ago, I also downloaded a bunch of BF2 videos to make sure it looked the same as my game.
                This is not a problem with your computer or your game, just written badly. You could have dual 7800GTX 512mb and 4 gigs of ram and a fx 60, and this will still happen. I personally think it looks horrible but Im used to it.

Comment

Well it looks quite horrible, but now I'm OK with it if it's a "part" of the game.

Comment

you know what's really horrible, the texture flickering in my game goddamnit !! hope they fix it

Comment

its not called aliasing, its like the draw render distance. aliasing is the jagged lines on buildings etc.

Comment

Originally posted by redearedslider
                        sorry all! lol i mean 2.4Ghz. I often say 3.2 also i dunno y. ill change that...

but funny to see your posts like that, sorry for the confusion

thanks for pointing that out

Comment

its also called "lod" (level of detail) as when u get closer to something, it becomes more detailed. If u use rivatuner, u can tweak this to have negative lod (objects are clearer from far away) or if u want performance have a positive lod (textures look blocky unless ur right in front of it)

Comment

Sorry got mixed up with the terms here. But in any case, it's BF2's fault so I have nothing to "worry" about anymore. So case solved.

Comment

Originally posted by haffeysucks
                              sorry all! lol i mean 2.4Ghz. I often say 3.2 also i dunno y. ill change that...

but funny to see your posts like that, sorry for the confusion

thanks for pointing that out
                              lol i dont see at as insulting lol you dont have to appologize it's just funny ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X