We need more Game types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need more Game types

We need a CTF or maybe a TDM, hey maybe even a Search and destroy game type(For ranked games). BF2 runs one gametype which i love but would be nice to change it around a little. Like CTF would be fun trying to land a Helo on a chopper and then grab the flag and make a run for your base. C4ing the flag would be a good idea. TDM would get rid of having to cap flags and just pure killing. Search and destroy might be a little hard to do, but a good idea. Kinda got my idea from playing Call of duty.

Re: We need more Game types

CTF w/vehicles = gay

Comment

there are CTF mods out there... look for them.

Comment

Kill the bunny, all members have to find the "bunny" and kill them, once done the killer becomes the bunny.

I love capture the flag though. I do believe they will be added soon, they wouldn't dedicate a drop down menu only to Conquest

Comment

Originally posted by almanac
          CTF w/vehicles = gay
          Not really, you just make it so the flag carrier can't ride in a vehicle.

I'd also like to see an offical ranked CTF game. But it would have to be intergrated into standard BF2 rather than a mod the client would have to load up.

Comment

Yes we do need more game types, I agree.

Anything will do, CTF (official), Supply Lines, pin the tail on the donkey, whatever.

Comment

yeah i would definatly love to see more game types, conquest is getting old

Comment

I want dune buggy drifting :laugh: .

Comment

I'm thinking of trying that new map pack 3 the one with alcatraz on it that looks fantastic to attack or deffend.

we need a few mission maps.

Comment

It would be nice to see a map that would be something like.........
                    MECspawn.....................MEC spawn......... spawn
                    .................. US flag ...............
                    MECspawn US flag UncapibleUSbase............ spawn
                    .................. US flag ....................
                    MECspawn................. MEC spawn .................. MEC spawn

For like an all out defend the hill or something type map. Just need more innovation in the mapping department.

Comment

CTF w/vehicles = gay
                      Looks like we couldnt have CTF on maps like, dallian plant, wake island, and any other map that has bases seperated by water.

Also without vehicles it would take way to long to run accross such big maps on foot.

Comment

You can try AAS (also know as supply lines gamemode) with the Project Reality mini-mod. Flags must be captured in a certain order thus concentrating the action.

It's available now and features many other improvements including the MH-6 little bird helicopter.

Click on my sig for more details.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyBriggs
                          Not really, you just make it so the flag carrier can't ride in a vehicle.

I'd also like to see an offical ranked CTF game. But it would have to be intergrated into standard BF2 rather than a mod the client would have to load up.
                          Obviously this idea wasn't thoroughly examined...

if CTF w/vehicles = gay, and you say the "carrier" would be barred from vehicles, then others can just get in a vehicle and kill him easily. lol

To me, a successful CTF map is one which is arena sized with no stinking vehicles.

I would like to see supply lines implemented. That would truly determine which team has more "power" and talent. However, that would eliminate strategy from the game which is what BF is about. It would also give stronger teams an even bigger advantage over teams which aren't as talented and would routinely rely on strats.

Comment

CTF w/vehicles = gay
                            People who never played Desert Combat CTF = gay

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBigGuns
                              People who never played Desert Combat CTF = gay
                              Seconded

Comment

Working...