Joystick Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joystick Setup

I use the N52 speedpad with 104 button combo's. handy for flying, fast looking behind, pulling up, then directy dropping the bombs on the jet that's chasing u. thats hillearious.

Comment

I have the same stick but not wireless, and i like it alot. I have used it for months and it still has all it's resistance and smooth movement. Hasn't gone uncalibrated yet.

Comment

Nor has mine, and my one's a refurb
        Smooth as hell, and the batteries last AGESSSSS in the Wireless one And I'm the kind of person to use it as I love the maps you can fly on!!

Comment

Mine just sort of goes a bit mental, and flips up side down

Any Ideas?

Comment

That maybe caused by you hesitating when you're banking....
            I did the same thing when I first began flying Choppers with a Joystick back in BF42 DC. I banked left say, then go "sh*t! I've gone too far!" and bank right, then flip upside down

t3h_dOn, my advise is learn on empty servers or using Custom game, then get the hang of it, because there's nothing more than being ashamed on a live game

Also, add me to your X Fire (if you have it). Then next time I'm on I can help you on my server AND talk to you through my TS

Comment

Originally posted by killmr
              i have the Logitech Attack 3, and when i map my turning....its always inversed.......does anyone have a setup for the Attack 3?
              This is a common issue with all controllers. The controller software will typically have a way to reverse the commands, or you can usually modify the in-game setup.

-

Comment

Another thing, if i sat still in a heli, not even touching the joystick, the heli will map rotate to the left very slowly.

Why is it doing this?

Comment

chevy, i've tried everything....i fixed the looking up and down axis, but turning is still messed up....and logitech's software just makes it worse......does anyone else have a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by t3h_d0n
                    Another thing, if i sat still in a heli, not even touching the joystick, the heli will map rotate to the left very slowly.

Why is it doing this?
                    Sounds like you need to calibrate the Joystick, as this is what I had to do before I began playing, and haven't had to do it since.

Rotate the Joystick lever, in an anti-clockwise motion, in a circle for three rotations, then go into Windows and run your calibration. Then you will notice that it won't do it anymore

Comment

<rant>
                      About helos slowing turning on their vertical axis even when not touching the stick, I think it may have to do with torque. When you push the throttle to max, your helo engine revs up and the slow rotating you get is a reaction to the torque applied to the rotor. The helos will turn even faster if there is no pilot (yours got killed for instance).

I use a MS SideWinder 3DPro (quite old piece of techno junk I was unable to breack even after years and years of UT, TacticalOps, UT2K3 & CS) and I get the same rotation even with a perfectly calibrated stick.

By the way, to invert the axis of any joystick in BF2 it's pretty simple : let's say you tried to configure your yaw command by selecting it and rotatating the joy clockwise. If you find out it's inverted ingame, simply reconfigure it by selecting the yaw command and then rotate your joy counterclockwise. Works the same with pithc & roll. Wrong direction, simply push/pull the other way when configuring it.

Personnaly I have been playing all FPS since Unreal with a jostick in left hand for strafe/run/crouch/jump and mouse for aiming/firing. The only thing is that when I fly a helo or plane I shifht hands and use only the joystick righthanded (I am righthanded). But since in Helo/Plane mode I configure all the needed functions on hat & buttons it's alright.

About the hat, it's considered to be buttons by BF2. So if you don't manage to bind commands to the hat but you know which "buttons" are the hat (AUX32, AUX33, etc) from another game (HL, CS:S, UT) just modify the config files manually.

Another tip: if you have a joy with only limited number of buttons (mine as 4 on stick, 5 on base) you can use a piece of software like Jo2Key (a tad hard to find) to actually bind keyboard keys to your joystick. More interesting : with joy2key, you can declare one button of your joy to switch between to config files.

Eg: I use the button 5 to switch beetween configs.

Primary config :
                      Button 6 = VOIP with squad
                      Button 7 = F9 (zoom/forward view)
                      Alt config config :
                      Button 6 = VOIP with Commander
                      Button 7 = F11 (behind view)

This way when I fly I still have all my VOIP commands (primarily binded to mouse buttons) and the useful F9/F11 to check whether I'm tailed or if my ordinance landed where it's supposed to.

And try to imagine what you could do with a 15 or 20 buttons joystick

But most recent joy come with a ready to use config/bind utility (that which I'm missing for my old MS stick that do not get any such software for WinXP)
                      </rant>

Comment

Hey guys, I could use a little help. I recently setup my old Sidewinder 2 for BF2. It works fine but it's way too sensitive so I wind up crashing as soon as I get in the air. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by D_Lusted
                          I have the same as you t3d_d0n. I haven't figured to use the HAT switch yet for the Commo Rose but this is what I have done....

Button 1: Primary Fire
                          Button 2: Secordary Fire
                          HAT Switch: Views
                          Throttle: Throttle
                          Buttons around HAT: Map, Spawn Board, Score Board, Push to Talk to Squad
                          Buttons next to Throttle: Flares, Afterburners, Toggle between Bombs and Missiles, Push to Talk to Commander/Squads, Enter/Exit.

If anyone knows how to use the HAt for the Commo Rose, speak up

Hope it helps

That actually sound like a good setup. A couple of things on there that I never thought to map, Like map and Voip. 1 thing I did put on mine though was parachute, I hate looking for the keyboard ina hurry.

Comment

I use a satek (or how ever you spell it ) evo force and I dont use it on bf series only for flight sims worthy. mouse is better for small maps with planes in faster responses.

Comment

Working...
                            X