Criticism and free speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criticism and free speech

I just saw that you will be banned if you critisize EA in this forum... well, how are you suppsed to give constructive criticism to the problems as EA and DICE are asking, if you can't express yourself? What in the world is the point with this forum then?

They're saying that "we listen to the community", but what is there to listen to?

I know that all criticism is welcome at the official EA forums (keeping it clean of course), but I can't figure out why not here? I doubt this is coming from EA or DICE, but perhaps some powerhungry admin/moderator?

(Is this getting deleted as well? Cause it doens't brake the "rules", just questions them)

Re: Criticism and free speech

Constructive criticism is fine as far as I know, pal. They just don't want threads or posts containing 'ZOMG EA/DICE IS GHEY!!!!!1 FUK U STUPED PROGRMARZ' and ignorant bashing. Keeping it clean is all you have to do. Might as well delete this, though it might serve as a nice benchmark..

Comment

Most of the critisism isnt constructive and neutral. Most are biased, lame, blatant spam posts that bring nothing but trouble. I think thats the problem. And its common sense that for every 10 guys liking it, theres 10 who dont. Its better for everyone if "OMG dis game sucks a**!!!11" is prevented.

And besides, youre really confusing "freedom of speech" with something else.

Comment

Isn't his part of the freedom of speech? To express your thoughs even if it may hurt the opposite side, if they can't handle criticism or the truth?

Comment

Originally posted by ghaib
          Isn't his part of the freedom of speech? To express your thoughs even if it may hurt the opposite side, if they can't handle criticism or the truth?
          Just watch the language, stay frosty, type intelligently, and you can criticize all you want.

Comment

The post from the moderator cleary states that you will be banned for "hate mongering". How on earth can you confuse "hate mongering" with constructive critisism?

Comment

He may think that criticising EA's boosterpacks and calling it a rip off (which it essentially is), is "hate mongering"

Comment

Errr, since when has there ever been "freedom of speech" in an Internet forum ?

If for some reason you are refering to the The First Amendment in the USA then it only guarentees that the *government* will not suppress speech. It doesn't mention anything about the staff of TBF2

Comment

He may think that criticising EA's boosterpacks and calling it a rip off (which it essentially is), is "hate mongering"
                  I am certain he (the moderator) would not think that was hate mongering if you actually supplied a valid argument supporting your view as opposed to just something like "OMFG another EA rip off...!" and so on. As for the booster packs being rip offs, I have no clue how this delusional notion arose. Why do some many expect EA to supply an infinite amount of add-ons and extensions free of charge? EA is a business, they sell a product, you buy it, you are happy, you want more, you buy more.

Comment

I have an opinion of Ea based on previous purchases as well as BF2 that is not favourable toward them, however i am unable to express in any detail the why part as to do so might break said rule.
                    The rule clearly states that if such a post swayed or intended to sway other members opinion of EA or Dice you risk a ban.
                    I doubt thats what is meant and i assume well reasoned accurate observations are actually ok, although i cant see how that would be of favourable content in the case of ea.

Generally though from a forum perspective it is a lot easier for an admin to ban the entire subject matter rather than have tribunals on a post by post basis as to what specifically infringed on a rule. The problem i find on my forum is that i end up breaking the rules myself...
                    With this forum i think it was getting a little depressing to read through a load of hate filled topics, angry posts dont make for good content especially when its perpetually reapeating old news.

Comment

There's a huge, glaring, thick line between constructive criticism and 'hate mongering'.

Originally posted by 3Libras
                      Just watch the language, stay frosty, type intelligently, and you can criticize all you want.
                      Well said!

Comment

Everytime you are mad count to 10 and then get a hammer from your tool box... hit your hand 3 times!

Comment

Originally posted by Klatregutt
                          I am certain he (the moderator) would not think that was hate mongering if you actually supplied a valid argument supporting your view as opposed to just something like "OMFG another EA rip off...!" and so on. As for the booster packs being rip offs, I have no clue how this delusional notion arose. Why do some many expect EA to supply an infinite amount of add-ons and extensions free of charge? EA is a business, they sell a product, you buy it, you are happy, you want more, you buy more.
                          well that's not the real point of the thread, but still, other companies suppert the community by releasing new content for free, like Valve. we always get free maps and content, and HL2:deathmatch was all free...

I think that EA can learn much from Valve in general

Comment

As Ptegan said, this forum need not grant you freedom of speech, and it's standard procedure for forums not to do so.

People get banned for racism here. Thats denial of freedom of speech, but I'm not complaining.

Comment

I just saw that you will be banned if you critisize EA in this forum... well, how are you suppsed to give constructive criticism to the problems as EA and DICE are asking, if you can't express yourself? What in the world is the point with this forum then?

They're saying that "we listen to the community", but what is there to listen to?

I know that all criticism is welcome at the official EA forums (keeping it clean of course), but I can't figure out why not here? I doubt this is coming from EA or DICE, but perhaps some powerhungry admin/moderator?

(Is this getting deleted as well? Cause it doens't brake the "rules", just questions them)
                              Personally, I'm tired of seeing all the posts bashing EA/DICE. I've done it in the past as well, so I'm guilty too. But it's just creating additional NOISE which doesn't belong here. It won't change anything, no matter how much we whine. It's just annoying

On the other hand, people who pay/setup this server create their own rules. Noone ever said you can practice free speech using other people's resources.

Noone took away "free speech" from you. Easy - setup your own webserver, and talk all day long about EA/DICE

Comment

Working...
                              X