So...Is this becoming a trend now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So...Is this becoming a trend now?

The only irresponsible part would be teaching your kid to kill or be killed as I said my son is not taught to play the game as intended, he only sees it as a game where he can drive a buggy, tank, fly a heli or a plane then parachute out. There is nothing wrong with that and I think I am capable of being the judge of what I allow my child to do thanks.

Besides he realises its a game more so than a lot of people on here do and the object is to have fun and that's the way he gets his enjoyment, not kill or be killed but driving all the vehicles.

Comment

I had some smurf tk'ing on our server yesterday, so I kicked him for teamkilling, he came back in and started right up again, so I banned him. Nice to have your own server

Comment

Originally posted by BadLizzard
        I had some smurf tk'ing on our server yesterday, so I kicked him for teamkilling, he came back in and started right up again, so I banned him. Nice to have your own server
        Indeed

Comment

he will probably come on these forums and make a thread about how he was banned from our server for owning us.:rofl:

Comment

I think parents have the right to allow their children do what they, as parents, feel is OK for them. Me? As a parent of a 5 year old and a 3 year old I would never ever let them even watch the game let alone play it before they are teenagers. Neither do we let them watch films that re-enact real life violent deaths, although we have let them see star wars because we can tell them its all make beleive.

I don't even allow toy guns or swords in the house. I am not paranoid at all. I just feel that children should learn creativity, role playing make believe, imaginative play before they get mixed up in copying violence. Push often goes to shove.

I won't even buy them that Junior Germ Warfare Chemistry Set for their birthday either!

Comment

Should have just sent arty down on his head.

Comment

I let my girlfriend play one time because she wanted to see how i spend most of my life now. I set her up and was like , this shoots, this runs have fun. She was running around shooting like she was on crack, haha. Then an ammo guy comes over throwing ammo at her and she starts shooting him. As people respwaned and where running past her (teammates) she was just blasting away, untill a MEC hit her with a truck. I was laughing so hard i almost peed in my pants.

Comment

Sometimes I purposely TK someone that has punished me in the blink of an eye. Can't help it, and can't believe there are people like that. Also can't believe that this makes for 99% of the community.

Comment

That's ok, I was on a server yesterday that had me questioning my sanity. It was a 24/7 karkand map USD something or other. Anyway, I get on and pawn as a medic for USMC. I look around and I see two guys shooting each other with pistols. I'm like... whatever so I head for the action. Another person spawns in front of me and then the APC spawns. he heads for it so I keep running. The APC is coming up the raod so I holler I need a rid, the guy slows and picks me up. Suddenly we're taking fire and we're not even past the Arty yet. I hit F4 and look out back and here are the same two guys in a Hummer shooting at us. Then, I get kicked from the server? I just stared at the screen for a minute then found another server. All I can figure is someone complained about teammates shooting and since I was the last to join I got dumped. It hurt my pride just enough for me to think about trying that server again to ask what their problem was but I figured either it was an honest mistake or they're morons, either way nothing I can say will make a difference.

Comment

i still cant understand why people believe everything they hear on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Libras
                        Sometimes I purposely TK someone that has punished me in the blink of an eye. Can't help it, and can't believe there are people like that. Also can't believe that this makes for 99% of the community.
                        When someone joins my squad and uses me as a spawn point, spawns as a noobtuber and starts shelling the tank I'm obviously hiding from and gets me killed or damaged, I will make an effort to stab him in the face and corpsehump him.

Also on the topic of kids playing: I personally probably wouldn't let my kids play shooters until the age of 14 or so, depending on their maturity at that age.
                        To me, 5 seems a bit of a shocking age to be playing games at all, especially FPS.
                        However, when looked at purely by behaviour online, there's also 40 year old battlefield 2 players that behave worse than your average 5 year old, so...

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                          Umm...is that HUGE image ^^^ supposed to be your sig?
                          LOL!!!

I personally that little kids should be playing videogames that depict war/death/violence. They see enough of that crap on the evening news not to mention regular TV. After all that is why we still ahve Nintendo right? Go Kirby Go!!!!
                          Tp purposely teamkill someone that does it to you does not make you any better. I thik those people are a$$hats and should be kicked form servers ASAP...

Comment

The game has ESRB age restrictions

If one of these kids goes too far, sue their parents for child abuse

Comment

at least, a 5 year old cant aim well enough to tk u out of the cockpit. lmao...

Comment

Working...
                              X