So...Is this becoming a trend now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...Is this becoming a trend now?

Well, I was playing on Surge yesterday as Commander and I was suddenly tked by some guy on my team (forgot his name), so I just forgave him thinking it was an accident. Then he tked me again later in the round and this time I knew it was intentional because it saw him point the pistol right at me and shoot me. At first I thought it might have been the red name-tag bug showing up on me, but I looked at his score and he already had -27 which meant he had been tking others too. The server didn't have a kick vote option (not that it would really help) so I typed a meassage in the text window asking that an admin get this guy off the server. Not soon after I typed that, a reply came from another player saying something like "Sorry, he's my friend, he's only 5 years old." This baffled me thinking why would someone let a 5 year old play BF2. Then I also saw other posts on this forum of people saying that they let their 4 or 5 year old kid play BF2. If people continue this it may become a problem. It's fine if someone of that age plays on single player or on unranked servers, but please don't bring them to ranked servers...

Re: So...Is this becoming a trend now?

not many servers have it where you can't vote kick or are kicked because of TKing. Probably would just be best to change servers.

Comment

Just keep a list of the player names people give for their kids here ('proud' parents that they are...HA!) and if you see them pop up, jump off the server immediately.

Comment

meh my brother plays gta san andreas but i would never let him play on line

Comment

Umm...is that HUGE image ^^^ supposed to be your sig?

Comment

I have no problem with someone letting their kid play but if they are TKing the parent needs to get them to stop or take them off the server. We had a 6y.o. play CS with us a lot but when he was throwing a temper tantrum and TKing he got temp banned by his dad. The problem isn't the kid playing, it's the parent letting him TK everyone, IMO anyways.

Comment

Look vote kicks A: NEVER EVER WORK and B: There is a vote bug where the last to join the server initiates a kick vote without them doing it to some poor sap. Then the last to join they initiate a vote again without them doing it. This repeats over and over till the round ends and gets very annoying. If you have a prob with someone tell an admin.

We will also be removing the vote option because it only gets annoying after a while and because of the bug and because they never work there is no point in having it.

We also let our 4yr old play "however" if he ever gets on our server he merely plays in the squad with our guys, doesn't play the game the way was intended and only likes to either ride or drive the vehilces, though this will rarely ever happen, plus he knows the difference between red and blue. Rest assured nobody will ever get tk'ed because he is always under constant supervision. Of which he has only played online 3 times before for a total of 20minutes.

To let your child play online and tk people is not the right thing to do in my view, whether or not you think they should play the game or not is another story altogether. However like I said its not a kill or be killed game to him, its merely a game he can drive or fly (that's right he can fly helis and jets too) vehicles nothing more than that.

Comment

lol, you got owned by a 5 year old person

Comment

Owned? Getting TK'd is NOT getting owned

Comment

I remember when I was younger when I use to play Diablo 1 when it first came out. My dad was against me tking people and would always kind of comment to me everytime I did. But it didnt stop me

Comment

Originally posted by Pistolsex
                      I remember when I was younger when I use to play Diablo 1 when it first came out. My dad was against me tking people and would always kind of comment to me everytime I did. But it didnt stop me

:laugh: You young rebel you! :laugh:

Comment

I know a few people who let their kids play but both of them have very well behaved kids...one of em even got me a few times. I've never come across a TKer, but I might have last night on wake. This lance corporal kept running around trying to knife me while I was commander. I eventually sat inside the flying cow and dropped arty onto his arse. He left after that.

Comment

..and that is why the ratings system exists.

..and this is why video games are getting a bad rep.

It's NOT the KIDS...it's the IRRESPONSIBLE PARENTS!

Comment

I let my 6 yr old play in empty servers .. just to run around and drive stuff .. when people start to come in the server I disconnect and log off

Comment

That's ok...nothing is more fun than playing in a virtual world .. I'll just do that sometimes myself

Comment

Working...
                              X