Stat Padding Definition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat Padding Definition

So... How do you define when a person is stat padding? I get the obvious stuff like revive, kill, revive, etc. etc. BH mini gun spawn spamming and much more I am sure.

I am just curious because I see guys run around throwing medic packs and ammo in places that make no sense to me. Why would you throw health and ammo near a flag no one is at and then leave? Why are people so spammy with those kits? I usually drop a bag if someone NEEDS health or ammo and they are near me. I don't throw them on the ground and run off hoping someone will use it. I have just never understood that one and it drives me nuts.

If you're a medic, why would'nt you save your bags for when you run into someone who needs them? If you throw them all on the ground and have nothing left, you have to find someone playing support or a crate otherwise you just killed the effectiveness of your kit right? Same goes for support. I was just watching some guys on a server doing this and it just threw me for a loop. I see it all the time.

Re: Stat Padding Definition

the medic and support bags RELOAD dumb ass

Comment

When I first started playing (medic being my favorite class, not because of the stats you rack up, but because I'm just partial to medics in movies and stuff) I found that suspicious too. I don't think of it as statpadding, though. I mean, the medkits don't take long at all to recharge and I've rarely come across a scenario where I didn't have enough for those in need. In addition to hoping you get extra points, sometimes it's a good idea to throw medpacks down in a spot you know will choke up in a bit.

Just my two cents. Once in awhile I'll do this, but otherwise I try to be realistic and save it for when it's needed. To be honest, I almost wish the whole dropping medkits thing was out of the game and you required to sit by the person and patch them up a la BF1942. But then, reviving would also have to be nerfed, maybe by leaving them with only a couple bars of health left upon revival?

I'm well aware and thankful that the gameplay works out like it does right now-- You can't **** with perfection, but I don't like the overabundance of medics and the increase that will likely happen upon the next patch in regards to the L85. Just me dreaming, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by parish
        So... How do you define when a person is stat padding? I get the obvious stuff like revive, kill, revive, etc. etc. BH mini gun spawn spamming and much more I am sure.

I am just curious because I see guys run around throwing medic packs and ammo in places that make no sense to me. Why would you throw health and ammo near a flag no one is at and then leave? Why are people so spammy with those kits? I usually drop a bag if someone NEEDS health or ammo and they are near me. I don't throw them on the ground and run off hoping someone will use it. I have just never understood that one and it drives me nuts.

If you're a medic, why would'nt you save your bags for when you run into someone who needs them? If you throw them all on the ground and have nothing left, you have to find someone playing support or a crate otherwise you just killed the effectiveness of your kit right? Same goes for support. I was just watching some guys on a server doing this and it just threw me for a loop. I see it all the time.
        Hahahaha! *cough*retard*cough* Listen to samurai X he's wise

Comment

Did you know that if you drop all your stuff at one time then wait a couple of seconds you will see that you have more bags? If you start dropping those the ones you previously dropped will dissapear in the order they were put down. When I spawn I always throw a few bags down, ya never know. Then while I'm running around I will place bags in high traffic areas. When I am not medic I always find bags in the obvious places(pats myself in the back)!

You have unlimited so why not put em out there and heal others, not just the ones near you. And yes the enemy can use them to but there wont be many because of the above.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by parish
            As a guy who plays Engineer a lot, those ammo paks left on the ground are a godsend. I look for them, hoping a support guy left some around. I get only 5 mines. A bag of ammo or two means I can get 10-15 mines. Very nice. I don't see that as padding. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai X
              Maybe he didn't know that. You could have helped him by providing the tip instead of being a dumbass yourself. Grow up.

Comment

Sooo trueeeeee!
                When I play Medic I try to collect as many friendly & enemy medkits laying on the ground as I can, without ever giving any out, so the enemy can't take them and I can always heal myself with the 100'000 medkits I have collected while roaming the map, ...
                Same with ammopacks as a support guy.
                IMO everyone dropping useful things just wants his teammates to take them and get the points for it = stat padding!!!

Comment

lmao it's 2006 isnt it? oh yea, people are just getting more and more intelligent in the new year.

I wont be surprised if, next time, I see someone whine about the statspadder who use guns to kill. "OMG!!! U KILL WITH GUNS SO U CAN RACK UP UR PTS!!! STATSPADDER!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Boojie
                    As a guy who plays Engineer a lot, those ammo paks left on the ground are a godsend. I look for them, hoping a support guy left some around. I get only 5 mines. A bag of ammo or two means I can get 10-15 mines. Very nice. I don't see that as padding. But that's just me.
                    Um, no you can't.

You can deploy a max of 5 mines at any given time. They work the same as the bags. Drop more than 5 and the first ones will vanish.

Comment

"omg u kill me I'm sad u are teh stats padderr!!!1!1!!"

Comment

Some of parish's posts have been pretty impressive so I can't help but think you guys are t3h m1sund3rst4nd1ng. Take it easyyy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                          Um, no you can't.

You can deploy a max of 5 mines at any given time. They work the same as the bags. Drop more than 5 and the first ones will vanish.

Are you serious?!!!!

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

(thanks for the tip)

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai X
                            Thanks dude. I appreciate the attitude. I did not know that.

Comment

First of all, stats padding is an organized way of getting points without playing the game in the way it was meant to be played. Camping a spawn point with a flag is not stats padding. Indeed, as infantry this can be a very annoying tatic. However, in most cases they are doing this so their infantry can move in and take the flag. Any armor operator worth a damn knows not to cap flags in high traffic areas unless he wants to be a C4 sandwich. I consider stats padding getting your friend to let you knife him, revive, knife, revive 300 times in a row or backing a car into the water and repairing it for 20 mins.

Regarding kits, I drop medpacs at our flags for when somebody needs them. Myself and the other medics cannot be there to heal everybody at any given time. You'd be surprised by all the healing points you will get by leaving packs in high traffic areas. Every healing point you get helps your team by saving their life! If an enemy force attacks a flag your non-medic teammates will be glad to have medpacs there and it will be a very big advantage for fighting off the attack. When not playing medic, 80% of the time if I need healing I'm able to find a medpack on the ground before a medic can get to my position.

Comment

Working...
                              X