• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6600 users

Post your specs David, please.

Comment

just 1 gig of ram, 2.8ghz, intel pentium 4 - nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by Alm()nd J()y
        mk... go take a chill pill, no one liked you on this forum when you first cam, because your fix for everyones problem was a power supply.
        hmm no one liked me.....ok if u say so i write a post which containd a little about psu<---was intended for ppl who
        1.make custom pc
        2.didnt upgrade there psu when they built a cutom rig.
        3.the thread also contained other tip on ram and heatsink paste for you cpu.
        4.if u dont want a high watt psu thats your'e choice but if you do AGAIN THATS YOURE CHOICE.
        5.and it wasnt my fix for everyone's problem lots of things contribute to "this problem"
        i read things ppl suggested when u were geting high verifying times.i just mearly gave it as a idea not a 100%garantueed fix.

7.being new t0 a game doesnt mean you cant give advice(unless pc were 1st made when bf2 was)then maybe u could say what u keep saying about rank.

basacaly all i wanted was an apolagy from you.becuase you seem to have alot of pc problems and when somebody tries to help you,you ridicule them,and give offenive remarks.
        tip.if you do that to everyone that gives you advice,pretty soon you wont be getting mutch advise.

and i accept every one is entitled to there opinion. then if you dont agree whith something.no thanks would be better
        but is it nessasry to be offensive (i think not)

Comment

mk... go take a chill pill, no one liked you on this forum when you first cam, because your fix for everyones problem was a power supply.
          It's not the fix for everyones problem, but if you have a power supply that can't put out the juice that your comp needs, it will bog it down. Don't be such an ass to someone that was trying to give out a little advice that is/was actually fact.

All he was saying, is that if you're trying to run a current vid card, 3-4 cooling fans, 2 cd/dvd/rw drives, 2 hard drives and what ever other goodies you can think of on a 350w ps, your comp is gonna be slow, period. Especially when you consider the fact that most power supplies only get around 80% efficiency, and some are as low as 68%.

When someone lists their specs cuz their having problems, they should post up their PS type and wattage. Not all PS manufacturers are the same and not everyone has built at least 3-4 comps to the point that they know better.

Comment

Originally posted by IVfluids
            It's not the fix for everyones problem, but if you have a power supply that can't put out the juice that your comp needs, it will bog it down. Don't be such an ass to someone that was trying to give out a little advice that is/was actually fact.

All he was saying, is that if you'r rtrying to run a current vid card, 3-4 cooling fans, 2 cd/dvd/rw drives, 2 hard drives and what ever other goodies you can think of on a 350w ps, your comp is gonna be slow, period. Especially when you consider the fact that most power supplies only get around 80% efficiency, and some are as low as 68%.

When someone lists their specs cuz their having problems, they should post up their PS type and wattage. Not all PS manufacturers are the same and not everyone has built at least 3-4 comps to the point that they know better.
            at least you understand what i was trying to say.

Comment

I try

Comment

Originally posted by IVfluids

All he was saying, is that if you're trying to run a current vid card, 3-4 cooling fans, 2 cd/dvd/rw drives, 2 hard drives and what ever other goodies you can think of on a 350w ps, your comp is gonna be slow, period. Especially when you consider the fact that most power supplies only get around 80% efficiency, and some are as low as 68%.

Well if people were building a computer with all that I think they would realize, but did you not notice him roaming all the forums? You post in my "Verifying Client Data fix" post did you not notice his solution to the wait was to get a new PSU?

Comment

Yah, I noticed, and he doesn't outright say that it is your/their PSU, he suggests that you look into it if you have a 350w PSU and trying to run a big ass rig off of it, not 'Must be your power supply, you have a 450 watt, you need a 1,000 watt PSU to play this game' as you have stated him saying. What is wrong with that suggesting that you make sure your PSU is actually up to par with the energy requirements of your hardware, it has just about as much relevance as telling someone that 2gigs or RAM will help. Can you honestly tell me that you believe two high systems built completely identical except one built around a 350w PSU and the other built around a 500w PSU are going to offer the same performance?

Asking for the PSU is as important as asking what CPU/RAM/VidCard/HD/Mobo you have. 95% of the time, people fail to list what they have for a PS when asking for help with ****ty performance, that shouldn't be left out. Most CPU's now days suck up to 100w of power just on their own, add that to a high end video card and all the extra **** people throw into their comps, and you should get the picture. Is that making any sense now?

I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but you're really hung up on one post where he makes a suggestion about the PSU, get over it. Do you really care if he goes over all the forums and wants to try and help people out, or is he horning in on some invisible territorial boundary?

Comment

Well if people were building a computer with all that I think they would realize, but did you not notice him roaming all the forums? You post in my "Verifying Client Data fix" post did you not notice his solution to the wait was to get a new PSU?
                    yeah you "think" they would realize but "you" cant garantuee that fact,
                    "unless" you noeveryone on the forum.

yes i posted in "youre verify client fix" as a IDEA!!!!

and got the following coment.................
                    Yes, I know, but he's quite new to the game and probably doesn't know a whole lot. He's not 27!
                    followed by.....another ignorant reply
                    I understood the first sentence and then it went downhill from there.
                    and another...........
                    Originally Posted by Alm()nd J()y
                    Seems he hasn't posted in a few hours, hopefully he ran off to n00b heaven... PBF.........
                    oh and another..............
                    Would you STFU! Your answer to everyones problem is, "Oh, your lagging? Must be your power supply, you have a 450 watt, you need a 1,000 watt PSU to play this game!!!!! Yes a power supply is good to have (For BF2 a 400 watt+, depending on the video card), but lag is usually not a factor of lag, the major factor of lag is those little specs of dust that accumulate on your case. Let me tell yuh, big lag, almost unbearable. That's why I keep a towel in my lap to wipe it off.
                    ^never mention anything about lag --- whats with the towel anyhow?
                    so now do u see what im talking about ???
                    dont bother asking me for help cus the answer is NO
                    i find youre attitude rude and annoying,if u realy think what im saying is not true,go and do some reserch and come back with some hard evidence to back up youre coments(like i do) instead of youre childish remarks.
                    i just fixed a cpu 2day with gfx problems and verifying,it nows runs on higher gfx setings in bf2 with faster verifying.
                    and do you think im gona give you the simple answer to this prob..
                    yup u guessed it a big fat NO

Comment

Working...
                    X