Bunny Hopping & Dolphin Diving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bunny Hopping & Dolphin Diving

To the OP: Why do you have a thing about servers that say no bunnyhopping?

Comment

Originally posted by saurus
      To the OP: Why do you have a thing about servers that say no bunnyhopping?

(Not an Op buuuuut...)

Usually its a clan thing...if they enforce it then I'll play there...I don't do it nor do I like it.

Comment

I dont like bunnyhoppers and I just refuse to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by evilzucchini
          How can anyone who does something that he thinks is wrong (aka a hypocrite) call anyone else out on their actions and/or comments?

All the people are doing is trying to make change. You, on the other hand, become what you despise. Congrats.
          Thanks for that Zucchini. Maybe if you read a lil more before jumping down someones throat (aka and a**hole) you would have realised I am admitting to bunny hopping once in a while when they are hopping around me. But to call me a hyprocrit cause I want people to stop spamming the game with swears and immaturity is ludacris. I know when I wrote this there would be one special individual (yourself) to take it upon themself to cut me down. Congratulations you are the wiener. Use your brain before attacking people.

And let me ask you this Zucchini did I say once not to bunny Hop..NO! I said I didnt like it. So how does that make me a hypocrit? Dude you boggle my mind with how unitellegent your post was. My head hurts and we are all a lil dumber from reading it. Good bye.

Comment

I whole thing with Bunnyhopping is really simple. It's been in every online FPS I've played. The people can't win doing whatever everyone else is doing so they need to think of something that gives them an edge other then lets say shooting better.

I don't do it even when it's done around me. Besides you look pretty dumb doing it.

Comment

Well, I don't leap around like a bunny or a frog while I'm in a fire fight. But, if a guy comes running straight at me and goes prone and starts firing a PKM, I'll jump in the air because I know that when he went prone, less experianced support players won't adjust for the fact that their sights drop down to my legs, and I can thus jump over their line of fire. I don't continue to jump more than once, though. After that, all it would do is trash my accuracy and make me a predictable target. I don't think what I do is "bunny hopping" I think that's just common sense.

On the rare occasion when I do shoot someone while in mid air, it's usually because I'm above them to begin with, and I want to get down to where they are. So I will run to the ledge, jump when I think it will land me just right, and come down firing on their head. Not exactly "bunny hopping" is it?

If I think a sniper has a line on me, I will sprint towards cover, not jump around a lot. That wastes stamina. Instead, I'll run a fair ways bobbing and weaving, then about half way I'll dive & roll, get up and run the rest of the way. I hope that's not frowned upon, and considered "diving" or anything, because to me that seems like a fairly realistic way for a totally panic stricken soldier to move, that is, unpredictably.

I don't just stand in one spot spamming the prone key over and over, though. So many people have tried that against me, and so many have been shot in the head when I just aim at their feet and wait for them to go prone.

Comment

Originally posted by Neat_Hedgehog
                Well, I don't leap around like a bunny or a frog while I'm in a fire fight. But, if a guy comes running straight at me and goes prone and starts firing a PKM, I'll jump in the air because I know that when he went prone, less experianced support players won't adjust for the fact that their sights drop down to my legs, and I can thus jump over their line of fire. I don't continue to jump more than once, though. After that, all it would do is trash my accuracy and make me a predictable target. I don't think what I do is "bunny hopping" I think that's just common sense.

On the rare occasion when I do shoot someone while in mid air, it's usually because I'm above them to begin with, and I want to get down to where they are. So I will run to the ledge, jump when I think it will land me just right, and come down firing on their head. Not exactly "bunny hopping" is it?

If I think a sniper has a line on me, I will sprint towards cover, not jump around a lot. That wastes stamina. Instead, I'll run a fair ways bobbing and weaving, then about half way I'll dive & roll, get up and run the rest of the way. I hope that's not frowned upon, and considered "diving" or anything, because to me that seems like a fairly realistic way for a totally panic stricken soldier to move, that is, unpredictably.

I don't just stand in one spot spamming the prone key over and over, though. So many people have tried that against me, and so many have been shot in the head when I just aim at their feet and wait for them to go prone.
                Your not bunny hopping at all. If you can not run to hide and regain position what are u supose to do just stand there and take hits. Sometimes I wonder if thats the only thing that wont get you b*tched at.

Comment

The thing is this, good players don't need to bunny hop because they're not out in the open where they'll get shot. You don't often see the good players when you're the enemy. Also, bunny hoppers are so easy to kill, especially when they can't tell who's shootin' em. Once you identify the twit as a bunny hopper, just aim high, go for a head shot, they will jump into the fire every time. People bunny hop because they're afraid you're going to kill them. Use that to your advantage. If people want to jump around out in the open where other people can take pot shots at them, that's fine with me. They'll die a lot. This is supposed to be a war game, that means stay under cover, stay low and shoot well. The other night I was on a server and I shoot this dude (he's out in the open, of course). All of a sudden he goes into bunny hop mode and he's jumpin' all over the map. Guess what his name was? "Dance Instructor" LOL! I thought that was pretty funny. I killed him and made a comment that he needed to go back to school.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion126
                    if no one "cry's" about it then the issue would never be resolved....it stinks when all someone has to do is jump and shot, imagine if we have 64 idiots hopping all over the place?
                    Your position is that you are totally helpless when this occurs. I say that you should try and use your weapons for a change. I would guess that you have not spent any length of time on any servers to see what you would call "64 idiots hopping all over the place". It happens, deal with it. The more productive thing you could do is to switch to a sniper kit, climb up a roof and set some claymores. When the "idiots" show up they ahve a nice little surprise waiting for them. Another thing you can do is try using those green round things that explode, they area called grenades and you have them for a reason.
                    It's when all the whiners and cry babies focus on an issue that does not matter and you detract the devs from fixing the real problems with this game. It's ok to wait half an hour to log into the account server, and to ahve random crashes...so long as people do not bunnyhop and kill you because you ahve little or no expereince/time playing a game. You desire to play and be a great soldier from day one regardless of the time investment other have put in...

Comment

bunnyhopping is multiple jumps when confronted with a firefight

Comment

Yeah thats the difference between bf2 and CS. Thus the reason BF2 is better is because bunnyhoppers die!

Comment

Have you ever played Counter-Strike? Or heard what exactly CS multihacks have? There's a reason CS multihacks have a "bunny hop" hack: because you can't conitnously hop in CS thus simulating a rabbit.

The only thing preventing me from hopping and diving is the fact that they're killing it in the next patch.

Comment

Actually Sonic I onnly played CS for a short time and only on LAN in internet cafes. Where bunnyhopping is done.

I play bf2 online though

Comment

Maybe it's only in CS:S. But point is, the only way to bunnyhop is with a hack.

Comment

Working...
                              X