Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US Intervention needs static skinners

Originally posted by Seth16
    But skinning is like x10 harder then mapping. Skins make what the model is!
    lol tht was exactly what i was thinkin lol.. you definitely cant compare the two

you should see how long a skin takes to develop - 2-3 weeks lol, thts a walk in the park for me

Comment

Pfftt, thats because you are a graphic designer... ;p

Comment

lol my secret is out lol yep full time work sux a$$ so hard going from one computer to another lol i think my eyes have progressed from square to trapazoidal

Comment

No wonder you can't type very well... :|:

Mapping is what makes the mod

Comment

Originally posted by UH60BHPilot
            No wonder you can't type very well... :|:

Mapping is what makes the mod
            ???

mapping does CONTRIBUTE to making a good mod - but not nearly as much as the skins adorning the models running around on it and the statics being put in it i would have thought tht would have been blatantly obvious to you.

come on think people, think!!!!

basically you are arranging other peoples hard work certainly not the lynchpin to a good mod... and certainly not hard if you look at what the skinners and indeed the modellers have to know to do what they do well - go pick up 3ds max and prepare to be shocked lol

i am in no way trying to belittle the job of the mapper - just trying to put things in perspective for ya...

if mapping is what makes the mod - then you wouldnt be looking for a skinner, would you?

Comment

Hmmm.. the forums are acting funny. Let me post what I posted earlier.

Alright we were both wrong. Everyone relies on everyone else to make a mod - no single one job is more important.

Comment

Everyone please stop arguing. What makes a MOD is the team behind it. USI has a very excellent modding team. We have very concerned beta testers, like UH60, very dedicated skinners like wolfi, and well experienced coders like Ice.

Everyone contributes to a mod team and all areas are hard and have a steep learning curve. So if you want to be part of a dedicated team, that is well noticed in a community and will display your work to millions online then talk to us over at www.USI.clanspy.net. We are always willing to look over anyone request to help or join. Just have some work you would like to show and let us know ahead of time what your free time is. If you have work or school or a kid, it won't be counted against you but it will tell us what to expect from you and to make sure we don't put all this pressure on you. Take me I am a full time student and also have a full time job + a girlfriend. I put in my few hours a week and every little bit helps.

Comment

No one is argueing mate . We were just talking about mod making in general. Atleast I was... were you not Jim?

Comment

Originally posted by UH60BHPilot

no single one job is more important.
                    nice thought in theory...... you told me you were more than a tester UH60?

EDIT: hey at least the ramblings keep your thread on top

Comment

he is a tester but contributes a lot of feedback (not just crappy feedback, he does good glitch digging) and I know he has been trying to get into the whole mapping thing again.

Comment

you told me you were more than a tester UH60
                        True to some extent... Right now I am a tester who is applying to be on the dev team. I have been mapping since BF42 but haven't really fooled around with the BF2 editor until just recently. So, if all goes well I will be making my creations for USI

And thank you on comment MarkHawk

"nice thought in theory" Do you have MSN? I want to see if I can understand your point of view without ruining this thread completly. Add me or PM me your addy please

Comment

Working...
                        X