X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: resolution question

Originally posted by BooM
    I have the latest patch
    And you can't select the 1280x1024 in the BF2 options?

If not try adding this to shortcut of bf2 in the target text box +szx 1280 +szy 1024 so it looks like this: ..BF2.exe" +restart 1 +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

Comment

no i can but I would like to play on 1152 by 864 75Hz but my monitor specs says its maximum resolution is 1024 by 768. But when I tried to play bf2 on 1152 by 864 75 Hz it worked fine, so I was just wondering if It's ok to be exceding the monitors maximum resolution.

Comment

That doesnt sound right, if it was exceeding the resoloution capable for the moniter, then the moniter would work, you would just get a black screen. So your moniter seems to be able to use that type of resoloution. Are you sure that you have the propper drivers installed for your moniter and that you have any avainable updates for it installed?

Oh and its good to see that you still have that sig lol

Comment

The only driver I installed was the one that was in the disk

of course i still have the sig it rocks

Comment

You're fine.

Comment

Ok, well try checking the website of the brand and searching for you moniter under support or downloads. There may be updates for it, or fixes for this type of problem.

Comment

no i can but I would like to play on 1152 by 864 75Hz but my monitor specs says its maximum resolution is 1024 by 768. But when I tried to play bf2 on 1152 by 864 75 Hz it worked fine, so I was just wondering if It's ok to be exceding the monitors maximum resolution.
                You see according to the specs of your monitor you should be able to go to 1280x1024, that's what I'm trying to tell you, the limit isn't 1024x768

A good idea, when getting new hardware on your PC is to delete the BF2 profiles as maybe they saved settings from old monitor, this from readme.txt:

CHANGES IN HARDWARE AFTER INSTALL

- Problems with PC hardware changes after you have installed
                Battlefield 2.

If you change your video or sound hardware to a lower specification
                after you have installed Battlefield 2, you may not be able to
                start the game.

To remedy this use the Windows Explorer to find and delete the
                directory:

\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\

This will reset your game to the default settings. You can
                now start the game, retrieve or create a new profile, and re-adjust
                the settings using the Menu as normal.
                After deleting the profiles start up BF2 and use the Retrive function in Manage Accounts to get your BF2 login back. Then see if you are able to select the resolutions that you should be able to.

Comment

well its actually a new pc so I never had any other settetings on it

Comment

well its actually a new pc so I never had any other settetings on it
                    Wierd, indeed. Are you able to select higher resolution in Windows on the desktop??

Do you have tv-out or extra monitor enabled? If so try disabling it, sometimes this limits the resolution size while more than one is active.

Did you try adding the resolution options to the shortcut, as mentioned in thread?
                    This won't make it selectable in menu, but force the resolution. Taking a screenshot after using the option, and opening the screenshot in Windows and look what dimension the picture has, will tell you if it set it right.

Comment

If i go any higher than 1024 by 768 on my desktop everything turns small, I dont think I have tv-out or extra monitor enabled, and I havent added a resloution option but ill do it now

Comment

If i go any higher than 1024 by 768 on my desktop everything turns small, I dont think I have tv-out or extra monitor enabled, and I havent added a resloution option but ill do it now
                        Yes, thats what happens when you increase the resoloution. What size is your moniter?

Comment

adding that to the target just took about an inch off my sides

17inch

Comment

ahha! its all good now thnks for all of ur help much appreicated

Comment

Working...
                            X