resolution question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resolution question

If I higher the resolution in bf2 will it make it more laggy?

Re: resolution question

Yes it will, as it puts more stratin on the pc, but it does make the image quality alot better.

Comment

Usually higher resolution means less performance if you run with the same quality settings like in a lower resolution.

The trick is to lower settings like Anti-Aliasing (AA) when you go up in resolution.

This is because the jagged edges that AA tries to fix, will be less noticable in higher resolutions. E.g. if you use 6xAA in 1024x768 you might only need 2xAA in 1600x1200.

Comment

well image quality mite not improve, but upping resolution can help with the aliasing problem,

Comment

I just tried playing on 1088 by 612 75Hz and it looks amazing but my monitor specs says it can only go to 1024 by 768 should I not be going over that?

Comment

I didnt know you could play BF2 at 1088x612 i though it only offered 800x600, 1024x768.. and other higher resoloutions.

Comment

actually Im not sure what i put it on but its one more up from 1024 by 768

Comment

Originally posted by BooM
                I just tried playing on 1088 by 612 75Hz and it looks amazing but my monitor specs says it can only go to 1024 by 768 should I not be going over that?
                No you shouldn't. Usually when you set a resolution or refresh rate that the monitor isn't built to handle it will just go black screen.

You might want to install drivers for your monitor. Often the Windows plug&play drivers, that your monitor automatically uses, will hide certain resolution and refresh rates.
                Using the drivers provided by the manufacturer of your monitor ensures that you are able to set the correct resolution and refresh rates.

What brand and model is your monitor??

Comment

I take it you're using an LCD monitor?

Comment

yea I just got it today

Comment

yea I just got it today
                      What brand and model is it??

If your monitor is able to select 1280x1024 but not 1280x960 in drivers then if you are using one of the earlier patches of BF2 then you might not be able to select the 1280x1024 which seems to be the most used for LCDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny Highway
                        No you shouldn't. Usually when you set a resolution or refresh rate that the monitor isn't built to handle it will just go black screen.

You might want to install drivers for your monitor. Often the Windows plug&play drivers, that your monitor automatically uses, will hide certain resolution and refresh rates.
                        Using the drivers provided by the manufacturer of your monitor ensures that you are able to set the correct resolution and refresh rates.

What brand and model is your monitor??
                        I have a 730b samsung, it came with a disk with the driver on it so I installed it

Comment

I have a 730b samsung, it came with a disk with the driver on it so I installed it
                          You should be able to go to 1280x1024 with that monitor.

What BF2 version vare you running?? Latest 1.12?
                          After 1.03, I think, the 1280x1024 was made selectable from within the Bf2 menues, before this patch it wasn't.

Comment

Nice monitor. I use it on my secondary. Fast too.

Comment

I have the latest patch

Comment

Working...
                              X