it isn't hertz/resolution, it isn't profile, it isn't driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: it isn't hertz/resolution, it isn't profile, it isn't driver

Yes, you need SP2! Update EVERYTHING! Chipsets, bios, ect. If all fails I would reinstall, making damn sure that ALL background and third party programs and procceses are off. I hate to be nazi but it has to be done. Then, when you know you did it right, DEFRAG, and defrag again.

Comment

You should definitely install SP2 and the 20-something security updates that comes after it. Just go to www.windowsupdate.com, keep visiting that page until it says "There are no new updates for your computer".

If it's been a long time since you installed the current XP installation, I'd also recommend a full format to ensure optimal performance. If you decide to format, you should put the SP2 update and the newest drivers for your chipset on another harddrive or burn it on a CD before you start. This way you wont have to connect to the Internet before you're properly protected, so that a trojan/virus/spyware wont mess up the start of your new installation.
      Just remember to unplug the CAT.5 cable before formatting
      Format » XP » SP2 » Chipset (only Ethernet drivers) » Windows Update » Chipset (remaining drivers) » Graphics » Sound.

Sorry I couldn't help directly with your problem, I'd try a full format myself.

Comment

Your having the same problem Im having.... The game only crashes with a patch installed... Game runs fine Retail ( 1.02 ) ... Very irritating... Still looking for a way to fix... I heard this is happening to people with the Special Forces pack... I was planning on getting that...But whats the point if the same thing is going to happen to me?
        Its bogus...

Comment

Yeah!!!! Thanks everyone for all the help and voodoo tips that were suggested to get my game running. Installed 1.2 patch today on fresh install and it started like a champ. There was just something wrong w/ 1.12. So, what is the best way to get on Ranked servers since I can now play this game online. Do I install GameSpy?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gaeric
            Do I install GameSpy?

Thanks
            No, not if you use the in-game BF2 browser.

Comment

Working...
            X