BF2 re-install/lost cd key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 re-install/lost cd key

After downloading the lates Patch i tried joining multiple games and it kept saying invalid cd key. so i un-installed Battlefield 2 and when i went to re install it, i couldnt find the damn booklet with the cd key on it. So i have no cd key and Battlefield 2 is uninstalled. How can i get my cd key?!?!

Please help me!

Re: BF2 re-install/lost cd key

ohh man you in deep ....
    you can submit ticket to EA but you will wait a long time until they will answer you

Comment

ok there is a solution so please stand by for the next ten minutes cuz its a long thing to type

Comment

to find ur cd key, there is a solution..well there are many, but in ur situation the best thing to do is to use system restore
        it shhould be on unless u had manually disabled it, but if u havent read on

to find system restore, go to
        Start->Programs->Accessories-System tools->system restore
        when u click on that something should popup. select "Restore my computer to an earlier time and hit next.
        The next thing u will see is a calendar. Select the date when u installed bf2 (each date will have a description on what u installed that day so itll be easy to find)
        then hit next and read the stuff there because it mite be important (usually it isnt, but system restore is pretty safe) and then hit next and ur comp should restart (it will take a longer time to restart ) and then so u just restored ur comp to when u installed bf2 (not after u installed the patch)..the next part may sound a lil tricky, but its really simple

Clikc on start -> run and then type in "regedit"
        On the left hannd column, u should seem some folders.
        click on the square iwth the + box next to the folder "Hkey_local_machine"
        then the box next to "software" then "Electronic Arts" then EA GAMES then Battlefield 2 then "ergc" and open the ergc folder so on the right hand column, ull see lots of numbers and thats ur cd key! good luck and good night

note: if u see a bunch of numbers and lettesr liek x9356400.... then u prob restored to when u installed the patch. u want to restore to restore to when u isntalled bf2

remember to post replies if u have questions

Comment

just like ConscriptVirus said about doing all of that system restore stuff. But for the other problem (the problem about the CD KEY ERROR ), what he said, i think, is right and wrong. First of all, you highlight "ergc" with that mouse curser, then right-click, then select "modify" (it should be in bold letters). Then the first 5 digits should allways be (x9392). Then the rest should be your CD KEY. But since your allways getting a CD KEY ERROR, it might be messed uped. For example ---> x9392......a2.....ts.....g....as....67 and so on. But if your going back to the day you installed BF2, then you might be safe. But if the CD KEY is normal, copy the CD KEY and save it in word or notepad (it doesnt matter). Then the next time you see the message "CD KEY IS INVALADE," do the regedit steps that ConscriptVirus explained to you and then try what I said. Right-click on the word ergc, then click "Modify," then type in x9392 and then your CD KEY. When you do type in your CD KEY, remember, you cant use hythens "-" and it must be in CAPITOL LETTERS. Here, i'll just give you an example of what you should might type in as your code -------------------> x9392A5FS8FY2K65LF897. Hopefully, this might help you, since I suffered this before. But not anymore.

Comment

kawasaki ur wrong because it shouldnt be messed up
            they messed it up in the 1.02 or 1.03 patch to like protect it..but if u restore to when u had installed bf2and no patches, ur cd key will be there

Comment

Yea, I guess that's true. But you never know. Some thing might **** up like that. I had that happen to me before. But i didn't losse my booklet. Containing my CD KEY.

Comment

And if you read what I said ------> "Then the rest should be your CD KEY. But since your allways getting a CD KEY ERROR, it might be messed uped"

Comment

Then the rest should be your CD KEY. But since your allways getting a CD KEY ERROR, it might be messed uped

read the couple of last words.

Comment

Hi, My 11 year old brother lost my booklet with my cd key =\.

i have it installed in my moms computer, not a great one.
                    I recently got a computer and wanted to isntall it on onto my new compputer
                    but the cd key is gone, but i hvave the cdkeys i tried this registy stuff, but so many letters, to many to fit in, please help me

oh yeah forgot ot tell you its BF2 SF

Comment

did u ever register ur game with EA (it asks u to register when u first install it). if so then u can find it on their site

Comment

Just to continue ConscritVirus's post if you have registered your game first go to http://www.ea.com/official/battlefie...d2/us/home.jsp and login using the username and password that you used when you regitered the game. After that at the top click on my account and it will ask you to comfirm your password do that and you will see 4 tabs click on the tab that says My Games and you will see all your EA registered games and their CD keys.

Comment

I always write the key on the disc with a perm marker

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA View Post
                            I always write the key on the disc with a perm marker
                            And store it in a file offline.

The registry thing kawasaki12 described would only work if you had put your key in the registry manually by typing x9392 before it. If you entered it during the install it will still start with x9392 but the rest is an encoded version of the key which is tied to the user account that installed it. In that case you definitely won't be able to use it to enter during the install and it almost certainly won't work if you paste it into the registry either since Windows accounts all have a randomly-generated ID value. Either retrieving a registered key from EA or buying a new one are your only other options.

Comment

Working...
                            X