ESSEX guns underpowered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESSEX guns underpowered

First of all. I am ****ed at the fact that the essex has no radar what so ever, it is a sitting duck for the plane whores and base rapers. There needs to be a radar on board that ship. I ususally play AA in the game, a role most choose not to play because the enemy gets easy kills, but I am determined. The one thing that gets me is that the 20 mm DU rounds are very weak compared to the real thing. The planes are very powerful in this game and there needs to be adequate defense. Also DU rounds do not blow up as they hit, they penetrate the armor and rip it to shreds using its velocity. SOrry for the rambling but I am just frustrated at this and want to have a bigger than 1:5+ (guess) ratio in AA. Thanks

Re: ESSEX guns underpowered

Originally posted by United States
    First of all. I am ****ed at the fact that the essex has no radar what so ever, it is a sitting duck for the plane whores and base rapers. There needs to be a radar on board that ship. I ususally play AA in the game, a role most choose not to play because the enemy gets easy kills, but I am determined. The one thing that gets me is that the 20 mm DU rounds are very weak compared to the real thing. The planes are very powerful in this game and there needs to be adequate defense. Also DU rounds do not blow up as they hit, they penetrate the armor and rip it to shreds using its velocity. SOrry for the rambling but I am just frustrated at this and want to have a bigger than 1:5+ (guess) ratio in AA. Thanks
    Agreed, the gun is just a deco.

Comment

dont even get me started on those flying metal rods taht are supposedly called "missles"

Comment

I agree also. Too many times have I tried to take out those pesky jet campers with the Phalanx gun only to be quickly destroyed by the plane's cannon. A radar wold be a good step towards making the Phalanx more capable, but increased damage is what it really needs, and longer time until overheating.

Comment

i would say the reason the damage is so low is... well, there is no reason.

I guess the guys at DICE are carrier rapers themselves.

Comment

It's a piece of ****, if you play a 24/7 Wake only server, you'll see what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by shpox
              It's a piece of ****, if you play a 24/7 Wake only server, you'll see what I mean.
              LOL thats what I play and you see my rage. They should patch it up, its a joke.

Comment

Honestly I also think the same thing but Dice has bigger and better things to worry about than just the AA equiptment, eventhough its a good thing. All I can say is, give it time and let Dice have time to change everything.

Comment

At least its better than the one stinger site they put at chinese/MEC airfields.

Comment

Originally posted by VeNg3nCe^
                    At least its better than the one stinger site they put at chinese/MEC airfields.
                    Thats not stinger.. its IGLA. Get it right :P

Comment

Metal coffins I tells ya!

Comment

Hopefully the Reduced hitpoints and better tracking will even things up a bit (yes .. just a bit)

Comment

Yes I agree too, the Phalanx CIWS in this game is like a toothless kitten.

Comment

If that thing even scratches a plane it would be shredded in real life!

Comment

I agree that these need to be fixed but EA / DICE are not going to fix these issues with a patch. They are focused on putting out booster packs and expansions like Special Forces. They may be looking at a BF3, too. They are out to make money they are a business. Xmas is over and they have to look at the next project. Look at a mod most of them are working on fixes to a lot of these issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X