Battlefield 2 flickering textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 2 flickering textures

I have an nvidia card, and I get the same flickering windows and such.
    I also get melting terrain textures, which looks really cool and weird.
    The hills will stay where they should be, but the surface looks like it melts towards the ground.
    Since it happens with ati and nvidia cards, I would say it's some setting in windows or the game itself is jacked up.
    It doesn't ruin the game for me, so I haven't tried to fix it.
    You could try the game's AA settings, and your advanced video settings.
    It's fixed a similar problem I had in UT2K4.

Comment

When I had my 6800 all of the trees had a flickering white line where they met the ground and a lesser version of your windows problem, and now with my cr*p card I sometimes get whole sections of the map disappearing if I look backwards while flying in a jet.

Comment

i have an ati x1600 512MB pro agp and i have all that PLUS the flags and player names tend to disappear.

Comment

6800gt here and i have the same problem (see video)

I used to have this problem before, then supprisingly it went away!!
          Then came right back after a couple weeks!!!!

Now I have done everything I know to fix it and cannot come up with anything. Here is just a few things I tried:

-Every driver version from Battlefield2's release up to now.
          -uninstalling drivers and doing a search for files starting with NV* and deleting all duplicate .dll files.
          -doing a registry search and deleting any leftover nvidia stuff before reinstalling drivers
          -deleting shaders and reoptimizing (and defragging)
          -new chipset drivers
          -every bios setting relating to agp (sideband addressing, AGP fastwrites, etc)
          -turning down all video settings in game to low (including AA and resolution)
          -turning up all video settings in game to high
          -changing each individual setting in the nvidia control panel under performance & quality settings->advanced.
          -completely uninstalling the game along with SF and the editor and anything relating to it.
          -uninstalling rivatuner and any other graphics program I had that might of had conflicting settings
          -reinstalling directx 9c
          -and probly more things that I can't remember

HELP ME (please)

does anybody have any more suggestions as to what it could be?
          I could of sworn that when I reinstalled the game and tested it that the original version was doing it asswell. But what really gets me is that I know that it went away a while back.

Comment

wow i just watched ur video. the black texture stuff on the windows i've always had since 1.12 but that chinese flag in the bottom left is kinda like what happens with me

Comment

I have the window flickering, as well as the terrain morphing and on top of that, the american default sniper rifle morphs like crazy. I've tried everything I can think of... I'm getting to the point that I spend more time trying to find a fix for this than playing.

Comment

the flag flickering in the video is just fraps running at an unsupported resolution. It doesn't do that in the game, it just happens cause fraps screws up at 1600x1200.

And yeah, i've run out of things to try to fix it so the only thing left is complain (and play like it is)

Comment

Working...
                X