Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Im sick of the number of flags that take away the fun

Originally posted by Ruhanga
    Well 16 player sized Oilfields is pretty fun with 64 players.
    Not...

Comment

Originally posted by CTD-Tiwaz
      What we need are more game types.

What you are discribing above sounds like "King of teh Hill", which is fun to play, and i still play in BHD..

Would also like to play "Flag ball" and "Capture the flag", "Deathmatch" and "Team Deathmatch".. There is also, "Assault and Capture" style games where you can only attack the next flag in the series. Once you capture and secure one flag, you can move onto the next..

Advance and Secure type map...

Just like Joint Opps & Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Comment

yeah...16 player maps with 64 people = exactly what you're looking for

Comment

i think this advance and secure idea is really good , i used to play joint ops which had this game mode.
          you could go behind the enemy supply lines and ambush them before they got to the front line ,
          i think this would make the firefights more intense and we might even see some people defending a flag which i never see atm

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
            Hehe, I think you are confusing "smacktard" with "smart player".

I play BF2 because tricky actions and good planning is just as important as being able ta shot stuf gud.

I like the action, but I like thinking too. Besides, when you get your headworking you can find a ton of action anyway.
            hear hear.

Comment

More than big fixes, new unlocks for SF players, or even various bunnyhopping/prone fixes, i'd like to see some more gametypes. One gametype? when was the last time a strictly multiplayer game (or even one with just a casual multiplayer component) had only ONE gametype? We know they were planning more, thanks to code left behind. Why don't they finish some of them?

Comment

The most fun ive ever had were intense oman battles between Olive and Rock points. They should make a map with 65 but just the 4 beach spawns. River and Village should be no capture spawns and then you battle over the middle 2. I think that would be really fun. No planes or arty, just infantry.

Comment

Im i the only one who thinks multiple flags dotted around a map take away the action from the game.

For me, the best part of fps online gaming is intense battles, heavy firepower being traded and mounting casualties on both sides. All this is ruined when some smacktards go around and cap a flag behind the lines. The games gets disorientating and loses its fun value as enemies are now spread out. You can not ambush people anymore etc and the game just feel mixed up in a bad way.

Can any mapper come up with a killer map. Doesnt matter if its urban setting or farmland like Zatar but there should be two uncaps (one for each team) and one flag in the middle that we must fight to control (or maybe two). That will make sure assault does its job and spec ops can mine roads to slow down the enemy advance.

Just my two cents
                  Another smurf complaining about the meanie greenies?

Comment

I agree and disagree at the same time. I does get annoying trying to get into BF2 but sometimes ppl just keep capping flags behind ya and gatta go all the way back. But that is the BF way it's nice to be the person putting the enemy in so much confusion. But it would be cool to see only 1 capable flag on a bridge or somthing I like that idea but things like art and M203 would prob ruin it. But who knows I hope they make more game modes.

Comment

It would be nice if they had some very simple double assault maps with 1-3 flags basicaly centered in the middle of a map with top vs bottem lay out. 16 players would be a nice fight for a bleed with 1 neutral flag, 32 could be 2 flags or 3 close flags and a 64 would make for a good 3 neutrals spread out. Want king of the hill? Have a map with the main spawns uncappible and 1 single flag with a large raidus and a FAST bleed for the controler.
                      So basicaly picture more maps like omen with the 3 beach flags but simpler or just Zatar wetlands with a huge raidus and less of a run.

As for advance and secure i think if it is posible in BF2 to have a flag that can only be captured by 1 side and returned to ONLY NEUTRAL a person could make a map that forced players to keep advancing untill they cap out the other team. The map would have to be very restricted design wise but overall it could work out very well if this is still posible. I know it was in BFV because i played on some customs that had this feature for 1 or 2 flags on some maps.

Convoy mode.....if it is posible to tie Tickets into stuff like tanks and airplanes or well just apcs buggys and tanks it would be interesting to have a convoy mod using the neutral flag thing i mentioned above. Get 1 sides units to spawn only once on the map and tie them into that sides ticket value and if they are destroyed its like getting smacked hard to the tickets and you don't get the unit back but if you cap the neutral flag at the other side of the map the bleed kills the other team in a matter of a couple seconds. The other team would just need some spawns that can't be capped or only just neutralized. 200 tickets for a side, they get 4 tanks, 40 or 50 tickets per tank and the tank won't respawn. Use buggies or apc's to move up ahead and clear the way to that gray flag of doom! Isnta death bleed can also be used for some hold the line type map where its 1 cappible flag vs X amount of uncapplible spawns for the other team so its a bloody battle to the death trying to hold a building or something with a long cap time.

I dunno if any of what im talking about could work though.

Comment

I like the idea of a map with one point in the middle to be got and controlled. But u would have to disable the artillary. Some commanders dont give a rats about tk's which doesn't help some grunt who is shootin his ass off. It would be a good commander map to co-ordinate air, armour and ground troops.

Comment

Working...
                        X