Im sick of the number of flags that take away the fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im sick of the number of flags that take away the fun

Im i the only one who thinks multiple flags dotted around a map take away the action from the game.

For me, the best part of fps online gaming is intense battles, heavy firepower being traded and mounting casualties on both sides. All this is ruined when some smacktards go around and cap a flag behind the lines. The games gets disorientating and loses its fun value as enemies are now spread out. You can not ambush people anymore etc and the game just feel mixed up in a bad way.

Can any mapper come up with a killer map. Doesnt matter if its urban setting or farmland like Zatar but there should be two uncaps (one for each team) and one flag in the middle that we must fight to control (or maybe two). That will make sure assault does its job and spec ops can mine roads to slow down the enemy advance.

Just my two cents

Re: Im sick of the number of flags that take away the fun

What we need are more game types.

What you are discribing above sounds like "King of teh Hill", which is fun to play, and i still play in BHD..

Would also like to play "Flag ball" and "Capture the flag", "Deathmatch" and "Team Deathmatch".. There is also, "Assault and Capture" style games where you can only attack the next flag in the series. Once you capture and secure one flag, you can move onto the next..

Comment

what i wanna see are push maps , where you have to get flags ina order, and not randomly.

look at the maps in bf2 , the most boring imo are those large ones , with one side having a main base and others havent (usually US have carrier) and there is always some guys running round capping flags in back (not carrying to defend them afterwards , just to get the cap points) or dragon valley (i think thats the one) with the loooong valley with several chinese flags and the chinese "main base" which can be capped at the vewry other side of the map , and yet 1 guy is enough to take it over and thats most of the time it.

chinese dont care about respawning there , and once americans get there, they only respawn there and chinese are pretty much ****ed lol. Why that base is even cap-able is beyond my understanding ...

Comment

Originally posted by Withywood
        For me, the best part of fps online gaming is intense battles, heavy firepower being traded and mounting casualties on both sides. All this is ruined when some smacktards go around and cap a flag behind the lines. The games gets disorientating and loses its fun value as enemies are now spread out. You can not ambush people anymore etc and the game just feel mixed up in a bad way.
        Hehe, I think you are confusing "smacktard" with "smart player".

I play BF2 because tricky actions and good planning is just as important as being able ta shot stuf gud.

I like the action, but I like thinking too. Besides, when you get your headworking you can find a ton of action anyway.

Comment

i'd love more game types, make this game more interesting. UT2K4 had a good type, "Onslaught" that was a pust map. shame EA don't pull there fingers out and get some new ones made.

just looks like it was another thing that EA really couldn't be bothered about full putting in the game, i mean we got the pull down menu for more.

Comment

People who go deep cover and take flags are now "smacktards"? I very much disagree with you.

Comment

For those flagsneakers we have artillery, don't we?

Comment

Play Strike At Karkand 64 Player In Hotel. You will find that action (until someone takes a back flag which is still a while with a good commander)

Comment

Only one reply to this.

PRMM .2

Comment

I actually enjoy the large amount of flags on large maps. They make the games last longer and can actually make games where the teams are unbalanced (in terms of skill) still interesting. If my team is getting smacked and we only have one or two flags left, I always try to sneak deep into enemy territory and cap flags that they assumed to be safe (Its even better on the rare occasion that I'm working together with my squad to do it). In my opinion the large number of flags actually add more strategy to the game.

Comment

I really think what the orignal poster was trying to say was we need more game types. I used to play halo for pc and thats one of the things I really liked about that game. Capture the flag was fun, the game runs as usual but who ever held the pre-set capture flag when the game was over wins. Halo also had a game with a ball (looked like a human skull) that was a blast to play. Your team had to hold the ball for 10 min to win. Each team had a timer that counted down to zero (first one to zero wins) and each player had an arrow to show what direction the ball was. I also remember playing a death match mod for that game. When you get killed your out untill the next round.

But back on subject, I would say new game types would probably be more welcome, by most players, than a new set of maps. I know I would like that......Red

Comment

exactly as he said.

DCon brought a CTF mod but its not catching on very well because CTF needs CTF maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                          Hehe, I think you are confusing "smacktard" with "smart player".

I play BF2 because tricky actions and good planning is just as important as being able ta shot stuf gud.

I like the action, but I like thinking too. Besides, when you get your headworking you can find a ton of action anyway.

exactly, and sometimes even more flags would be better, mashtur city would be alot cooler with flags in places like that high bridge.

Comment

you should've said "would BF2 be a better game without flags"? cuz this is so classic, lol...

Comment

Well 16 player sized Oilfields is pretty fun with 64 players.

Comment

Working...
                              X