Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So when do you think the next patch will come out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So when do you think the next patch will come out?

Don't dicount the DOH! factor.
    It might seem like patches are a simple thing, but it's very easy to totally foul things up.

I recall one instance where I was working my NwN persitant world module's scripts... I did what seemed like a very simple tweak for optimizing AI states. It was so simple, I figured I could safely skip testing and uploaded it to the live server. The result was hella nasty. One little line caused the optimization to run on PLAYERS as well as AIs! It was brutal hearing the hundred or so regulars freaking out because every 15 seconds, they'd lose the ability to SEE!

Then there's issues like post completion testing. It's fairly obvious that EA's patch package team needs it's own QA round. The requirment of 3 gigs of HD on the system drive is outragous! Right now, I have a buddy who can't patch because it's physically impossible for him to free up 3 gigs on his system drive.

Comment

I would like to see another expansion pack in 6 months.

Comment

I am hoping it comes iout soon because i am not unlovking my last gun incase you have to gain a whole new rank to unlock the new AT and sniper unlocks(this way i will have 1 and will be able to unlock one of the new guns.)

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
          Right now, I have a buddy who can't patch because it's physically impossible for him to free up 3 gigs on his system drive.
          Then tell him that he only needs to change 1 key in the registry to have the patch use another drive other than C:

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
            The main thing that takes time in patching is the testing. After any tweak is done, it needs a full round of testing. This takes 2 to three weeks (ideally) per round! So if 3 additional bugs or problems with fixes are found in seperate testing phases, we're looking at a minimum of 6 weeks just in tests.

Consitering the track record of EA's QA, more testing is a good thing.
            More testing? When the gameplay fixes could be changed over the course of one night and tested by having a bunch of people play with the agenda of trying all the mentioned tactics that are supposed to be nerfed? It's sad when simple number changes in .tweak files take them so long. =/

Comment

Working...
            X