Lag Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lag Problem

this is really starting to bug me. depending on what server i go on, i get around a 45 ping. however, every few minutes it jumps up to about 300 for a couple of seconds, then back down to normal. then i usually get kicked for high ping, and its p**sing me off, no other game ive ever played gives me a ping that high for no reason, its f.. annoying

Comment

Hey man, you are not alone. Ever since the patch I have had horrible studdering problems like you are having. I have a 1m dsl conn, and I usually ping 120-150(im in Alaska) but still, I have read and reread all these forums on how to fix it and I guess I need more ram and a new mobo. Till then I'll just be a studdering away! Good luck and Happy New Year!

Comment

yeah its seriously annoying.... i think i might uninstall the patch and find an unpatched server and see if it still lags so bad. and i just bought this pc specifically as a gaming pc, so its a bit gay.

Comment

okay i did a clean install, and the lag dissapeared completely. no more juddering about at all. unfortunately though, it only leaves me with about 40 servers to play on <_<

Comment

Glad it's fixed, must have been crap playing like you did, try unchecking enough servers so you only have 5 checked boxes. Server browser is teh suxors.

Comment

no the thing is, i can only play on a few servers, because most of them are at 1.12 <_<. why in the hell did they make a patch lag a game up. the game works perfect at 1.03, then goes s**t in 1.12... i mean ffs

Comment

Originally posted by deko7291
                yeah but mine isnt just normal lag duff, its like major lag. getting connection error messages every few seconds and freezing up...
                This happens to me too, and im trying to find a ssollution, but the most troubling part is that my ping is around 350. I have no idea wut ping even is, but i no it should be lower. I just dont know how i could lower it.

Comment

no the thing is, i can only play on a few servers, because most of them are at 1.12 <_<. why in the hell did they make a patch lag a game up. the game works perfect at 1.03, then goes s**t in 1.12... i mean ffs
                  I have the 1.12 patch also, and mine lags a lot too (like a slideshow). But, when i dint have the patch theres only like 38 servers. I like all the choices of the servers, but its impossible to play on. Is there any way to play with no lag on the 1.12 servers. Theres no way that everyone has the lag.

Comment

this is starting to **** me off again... its annoying as hell. im on medium high settings at 1280/1024 ... i get about 60 fps, but it cant handle me turning the mouse right or left. it like.. freezes when i turn the mouse anywhere... like it cant load it or something. its annoying as hell. even does it on single player on minimum settings <_<. any ideas?

Comment

ah this is ****ing gay, i figured out the solution to my problem, turns out my onboard sound is causing it... its ****ing queer. i disabled it in the bios and it works absolutely perfect

Comment

ah this is ****ing gay, i figured out the solution to my problem, turns out my onboard sound is causing it... its ****ing queer. i disabled it in the bios and it works absolutely perfect
                        What do u mean the onboard sound. How can i turn mine off, because i think i have the same problem as you. Also, if u do this, does that mean you have to play the game with no sound?

Comment

yip, thats why its ****e. in youre bios, under advanced > external peripherals or something similiar

Comment

Working...
                          X