Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Massive RAM realization...

Originally posted by Warrior[DD]
    I have an intel pentium 4 3.0 gig with 1.5 gig of ram and I have know problem with gaming. Doom3, BF2, BF2SF, COD2, BHD, JO, and JOE. I run all my settings on High. My son has an Intel also that runs with no problems.
    Its not that Intels are bad for gaming, its just that AMD's are waaaay better.

[$1000 dual core pentium getting pwnt by $400 AMD dual core]

Comment

Originally posted by j-train
      I know I am beating a dead horse with this next part but I have to say it, INTEL is not a gaming CPU. Ok I feel better. I see a lot of guys complain about the gameplay being laggy on their "supercomputers", a large part of these complainers are Intel users. Any game who knows what's what knows that Intel dropped off over a year ago. If you want performance with room to spare, go with AMD, save yourself a lot of time, $$ and hassle.
      Wow.

Having and Intel processor is not the "End All" of gaming. Heck, on average if you have a Intel and AMD processor on the same level you're only going to notice FPS differences in the 5% to 10% range.

Intel. They haven't fallen off they have just been soundly beating in this generation. Not because AMD processors are completely better (They aren't, Intel's just falter in gaming), just because they are slightly faster in gaming and cost a bit less.

I mean, to say that a 3.6ghz Pentium4, A 7800gtx, and 1gig of Ram is going to suffer severly to a 3600+64 an the same setup is fanboyish'.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Originally posted by rich_ambassador
        Its not that Intels are bad for gaming, its just that AMD's are waaaay better.

[$1000 dual core pentium getting pwnt by $400 AMD dual core]
        http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/sho...spx?i=2410&p=7
        We aren't even gunna' go into tha' dual core arena. Intel seriously messed up in this market and it would be completely unfair to compare em' to AMD. Completely.

Stick with the single core processors (Which is all that really matters in gaming right now) and intel can still stay in the Race with AMD.

{WP}Paas

Comment

I run MOST of my settings at high, I turned off shadows and dynamic lighting because I noticed that those were making the game choppy. But the only time the game is ever a little jumpy is when I first start playing, but after about 5min is will run pretty smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
            We aren't even gunna' go into tha' dual core arena. Intel seriously messed up in this market and it would be completely unfair to compare em' to AMD. Completely.

Stick with the single core processors (Which is all that really matters in gaming right now) and intel can still stay in the Race with AMD.

{WP}Paas
            If you looked at the benchies I linked to you would immediately see that Intel does not "stay in the race" with AMD. Every single Intel processor loses to the $280 AMD 3800+.

Now, to be fair, games are so heavily dependant on the graphics card now that even an AMD 3200+ or 3500+ will be enough to run the games on highest settings with a top end graphics card.

Comment

yes, yes, yes. 2GB of memory is STANDARD for this game if you want to run settings on high. For those that run settings on low and med because it helps them play better...I laugh. WTF is the point in having a nice computer and buying game with nice graphics to not enjoy those graphics. I'd rather upgrade a pc and have sweet graphics and a playable game over terrible graphics because I refuse to upgrade or I want an advantage. thats just lame.

Comment

if you have a 7800 (or 1800) based gfx card and 1 gig mem and a 2.2+ghz proc (amd) i guess 3.2-4ghz intel equivalent then you should be able to max everything except for texture resolution - which is the setting that really drags the system memory, i recommend medium just for this setting. Everything should be nice and smooth if a lil less sharp

Comment

Yes 2 gig helps,i just got another gig from santa and it help with loading time,loading and verifying the client data and help reduce game lag

Comment

Massive RAM realization...

Thanks for the hot tip...

Comment

Thanks for all of the great replys!!!!

Comment

Um, u don't need 2gb of ram, i play all high on 1280x1024 and get a nice 60fps before 1.12, and now like 45fps, but good enough. Anyways, 2gigs does help nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                        X