Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bf2 crash to desktop

Originally posted by kroati
    check your ram settings, if you have two ram sticks, set em to single channel and not dual channel. this worked for me fine, had the same problem!
    how do u do this because i am getting the same sh*t lately. this morning the computer totally shut off!!!!!

Comment

Usually done via your bios.

I've been having the same issue, and some of the things you need to make sure are ok on the way to your search:

-heat & sufficient voltage (plenty of programs out there that'll check both)
      -up to date chipset, sound, and video drivers
      -Is you soundcard/on board sound up to it? BF2 uses openAL and EAX

I've been having simliar problems with Quake4, and from what i've read its mostly due to the use of OpenAL in their sound. My older mobo's nForce2 chipset doesn't support it, but a newer card like an Audigy2 or 4 will. While looking at the OpenAL site I noticed BF2 in their list of games using this technology.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
        Usually done via your bios.

I've been having the same issue, and some of the things you need to make sure are ok on the way to your search:

-heat & sufficient voltage (plenty of programs out there that'll check both)
        -up to date chipset, sound, and video drivers
        -Is you soundcard/on board sound up to it? BF2 uses openAL and EAX

I've been having simliar problems with Quake4, and from what i've read its mostly due to the use of OpenAL in their sound. My older mobo's nForce2 chipset doesn't support it, but a newer card like an Audigy2 or 4 will. While looking at the OpenAL site I noticed BF2 in their list of games using this technology.
        I have DFI lanparty NF4 SLI-DR mobo with built-in sound card.

Comment

I recently downloaded this program called Smart-speed and after the game crashed again, I ran this program to check my temps and this is what i got:

CPU temo: 63 degrees
          Chipset temp: 51 degrees
          PWM temp:49 degrees

Now the CPU temp is down to 54. I think the cpu temp was quite high.
          I have and 64 3500. Ohh it is not overclocked.

Comment

C'mon lads, keep giving loads of different things that could fix it.....if everyone says one thing that could fix it, therre wil be laods of different things that could work, and one of them is bound to fix the problem (ive got it aswell)

Comment

Working...
            X