bf2 crash to desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bf2 crash to desktop

I know there has been 1000's of these threads, and I have used the search function but nothing helps. I recently upgraded to a 6600gt from a radeon 9200 as I thought this would fix the problem but it's still happening. I thought it was a temperature problem but i've managed to lower the temperatures and still the problem is there.
    My specs are: AMD athlon 64 3200+
    1gig ram
    6600gt
    I've reinstalled many times and I even bought a new bf2 disc from the store after I lost my old cd key(yeah im dumb and no it wasnt in the registry).

I can start bf2 and join a server fine but then bf2 will randomly crash, it could be 5 seconds into it, or 20 minutes, but so far I don't think I have gone a session of playing bf2 without it crashing a few times. You can imagine how annoying this is so please help out.

Re: bf2 crash to desktop

I have had this before ... the patch seemed to fix it though :/ ... maybe upgrading your OS?

Comment

check your ram settings, if you have two ram sticks, set em to single channel and not dual channel. this worked for me fine, had the same problem!

Comment

how do i do this kroati?

Comment

bumpbumpbumpbump

Comment

comon please help how do i - two ram sticks, set em to single channel and not dual channel.

Comment

hmmm i expierenced the same problem with my old radeon card in wolfenstein, but i fixed it by rolling back to the driver that came with my laptop.

beside that, i hav no clue wtf is goin on...

Comment

Hey dudes

I just bought BF2 and SF a couple of days ago and it crashes when i play for on a server for 2 - 10 min. Ive tried re-installing BF2 and SF and put on the 1.12 patch each time but it still manages to crash!!

When it crashes it goes to the desktop and the BF2 tab on the taskbar disapears... when i Alt + Ctrl + Delete to get into the taskmanager it shows 'BF2' and some other program '~e5.0001' (what is this by the way? when i close BF2 it disapears) as running in the 'Processes' tab but when i click on the 'Applications' tab there not there :S....

The singleplayer works fine... apart from the graphics being a bit dodge (gray men and it cuts thought buildings in some parts of the map... some maps work ok...) from my 256mb nVidia FX 5500 video card... it isnt supported but it runs...

The firewall allows BF2.

PC specs are:
                Pentium 4 processor
                3.2ghz (x2)
                1 Gb Ram
                256mb nVidia FX 5500 video card

Please help! ITS SOOO ANNOYING!

Comment

I had the same problem, after installing Special Forces..

Took me over 3 hours to get it fixed.. I now know how.. I also have a radeon, and this is what I did..

First I used a tool to remove all drivers from ati:
                  http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Then rebooted and freshly installed the omega drivers (ati radeon only):
                  http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Make sure you have the latest directx ,sound and video card drivers installed.

After that I totally removed the game, including the folder in my documents..
                  Then I reinstalled, using this order:
                  - Battlefield 2
                  - Battlefield 2; special forces
                  - The 1.12 update (remember, it is highly important to update this AFTER installing SF)

I hope this fixes your problem.. It frustrated me like hell.. And very bad support from EA..
                  I sent them an Email for it, telling them I tried everything stated on their support site.. And guess what they did.. They sent me a link to that exact support document.. idiots..

Comment

I have been having this same problem, and everything that people has told me to do has not worked.

although when i turned of Write Combing in the display properties in windows.....it takes the game 2x longer to crash than b4.....

ive tried downgrading to nvidia 7.xx drivers but that does nothing.

I got a FX 5900 XT 128MB

Comment

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49062

you might want to check this out, because it seems that a good deal of the crashes could very well be related to the insufficient 1gb RAM.

Comment

I also had a similar problem and rolled back my drivers to one from the archive at www.nvidia.com and it cured it right away.

Comment

hey it looks like i could be the ram that is stuffing it up... Does anyone know how to put it on single channel instead of dual?? if that doesnt work ill roll back my nVidia drivers.

Comment

Read your motherboard's manual. If you don't have it, find out your motherboard model and revision, look it up on the manufacturer's website and download the manual.

Comment

cool thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X