Other GameTypes in BF2:SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other GameTypes in BF2:SF

We all know FPS's as behaving like a military type guy or Swat. Going out getting the bad guys or taking on the challange of other players. Today games like Ofp, Joint Ops, Swat4, Ghost Recon, Rainbow6 and also BF2...etc has brought on a whole new level of game play online. But mostly I consider Ofp #1 of a whole new level of play types. Huge maps and endless about of gameplays in one game. Racing, CTF, Koth, and my best Capture and hold (Cities), etc. The one thing missing online from the all these, is being a hostage, or POW. Waiting to be rescued or being captured online in a battle. I know for one I will consider myself going for being a hostage and taken to a prison camp in a game just to give that lift. But I think the majority of players online will not, and prob disconnect. And if a squad or team rescues the Pow or hostages, huge points would be given, along with the players who were captured then rescued.

The one thing that gets me in BF2 and even SF. If you sit back and watch the battles. You will shake your head in discust. Everyone running around in all directions like their is no tomorrow. Some going that way, others going that way. Some in vehicles going this way, and others going that way. It is chaos. No strategy at all. The commander may force squads to a direction, but no one follows, or some do. If they took away flags and only have one spawn point on each side of the maps, or should I say one spawn point to hold off the other side, and the other side to gain ground using percentage instead of ground cover, instead of amount of flags. Maybe gameplay would be a lot differerent. And also the commander will know how to move the men (Squads) around better to achieve ground or hold off the enemy. I know when the game starts, I right away go for a flag for our team to respawn at. Noticing that is how the chaos starts. So changing to percentage of ground gained, the other side loses tickets.

Now, lets say if all players had no respawn. Only one life in a game. I wonder how it would be?

Re: Other GameTypes in BF2:SF

Good idea, but realisticaly, that would have to be a whole new game

Comment

Originally posted by PsYcHo.KiLLa
      Good idea, but realisticaly, that would have to be a whole new game
      that game already exists

Comment

Originally posted by [13]VisciousDog
        ... Waiting to be rescued or being captured online in a battle. I know for one I will consider myself going for being a hostage and taken to a prison camp in a game just to give that lift. But I think the majority of players online will not, and prob disconnect. And if a squad or team rescues the Pow or hostages, huge points would be given, along with the players who were captured then rescued. ...
        Being a hostage - does not sound all that great to me. If your team is crap - then you sit in a jail all game. I did not spend $50 to just sit there. If I wanted to do that I would have bought the Virtual Grass Grower or Watch The Paint Dry Sim. I don't think this works for a public type venue - but for clan matches it could be awesome. Have it as a game play mode - great. have the hostages be bots - like in HL - great. Being a hostage and depending on your noobtard teammates on a public server - no thanks.

... Now, lets say if all players had no respawn. Only one life in a game. I wonder how it would be?
        There is such an animal. Play any of the Rainbow 6 series of games online - Like Ghost Recon - you can set it for only one life. It is brutal if you get taken out right away.

Also when you do just one life - you are turning this more into a sim - thus you need to have the rest of the game behave that way. More realistic damage when you get shot, better accuracy on the weaps - so many things would have to be changed for this to at least be semi fun with BF2 IMHO.

Plus I would not like to see the BF series take this turn. I think they have a good blend of semi realism mixed with arcade like features to keep the rounds action packed and fun. Just enough Rambo style mixed in.

Comment

Being a hostage - does not sound all that great to me. If your team is crap - then you sit in a jail all game.
          Never thought about escaping? Taking out the guards, or can wait..etc. And I knew there would be a write up like..."no way!" or "I didn't pay $50 just to sit in a jail." Their is always the negatives. What?...Lets all only run wild like crazy men, and kill.

And I wrote only one respawn in BF2. No other game.

Comment

The one thing that gets me in BF2 and even SF. If you sit back and watch the battles. You will shake your head in discust. Everyone running around in all directions like their is no tomorrow. Some going that way, others going that way. Some in vehicles going this way, and others going that way. It is chaos. No strategy at all. The commander may force squads to a direction, but no one follows, or some do. If they took away flags and only have one spawn point on each side of the maps, or should I say one spawn point to hold off the other side, and the other side to gain ground using percentage instead of ground cover, instead of amount of flags. Maybe gameplay would be a lot differerent. And also the commander will know how to move the men (Squads) around better to achieve ground or hold off the enemy. I know when the game starts, I right away go for a flag for our team to respawn at. Noticing that is how the chaos starts. So changing to percentage of ground gained, the other side loses tickets.?
            thats what i like to call a n0_ob team without any teamplayers in it at all and if the other team gots them i rather like to join other team and loose 2 points than doing nothing on ur old team cause ur own team sucks and wants the most stupid spawnpoint like the spawnpoint in front of the paradrop while the tv station is the only spawnpoint left i rather like to join SAS than watching my team being a noob team and for the rest as i am on the other side and i see a noob team vs good team it makes me laugh

Now, lets say if all players had no respawn. Only one life in a game. I wonder how it would be?
            i think that would suck

Comment

Yeah.....what ever...was an idea. Guess you guys are no fun at all. <Yawn> Like I wrote. All it is, "Run and shoot...Run and shoot"

Comment

*Run and Shoot* made the game popular? and for teamplayers join a clan..that is ACTIVE

Comment

Yeah..you guys need to find a lady, and get laid. To much anger, neg in this forum. Need to relax in a game. Nope..you guys can not do that. Run and shoot, run and shoot, but can not handle being a hostage in a game, and wait to be rescued. It was an idea. And if not in game, is whining in this forum.

Comment

lol visiousdog. you sound like a 12 year old who just lost his favorite candy. take a chill pill dude. this is a forum, there are a lot of different opinions other than yours. if your not prepared to accept others negative opinions then your not fit to be in a forum.

Comment

You sound like you have a lot of build op anger in you VisciousDog. Have you ever thought about counsling? And the part about us needing to get laid: I bet you've only been close to a womans p*ssy once in your pathetic live. The day your inbred mother gave birth too you. YOU LITTLE TWAT!!

Comment

I wish I was 12 (young again). I am on a defence. What you think I am going to do. Just sit back for the assults? Lets say I am a grumpy 40 year old. I am stating you guys need to relax and enjoy a game, even ideas. Nope...only the people respond here are the ones who are negs, and refuse ideas. And already a heavy insult on me. Like WTH? True example of this forum(s). You guys are one bunch of angry people.

Comment

Man. THE FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS: LEARN PROPER ENGLISH!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND A GD THING OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!!

Comment

Oh..and already this is a grammer forum. Yup a attack..."Learn Proper English!" Maybe you should go to english school yourself. Can't you do better than that for an attack? Looks like your in for a battle. C'mon bring it on angry guys! Until this thread gets locked.

Comment

man 8 year old

Comment

Working...
                              X