Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First day in a jet =)

Originally posted by Churrasco

1. Why I can't hit the enemy jet even if I get the "locked" message and he have no flares?

2. When you have no bombs, do you use rockets and the cannon to hit ground targets or go back to rearm?

3. Is it better to use the mouse or the keyboard (arrow keys) if you don't have a joystick?

4. How can I hover with the jet and cap flags?

Thanks =)
    1.) You and him need to be flying fairly strain, sharp turns are not the missles strong points.

2.) Only the cannon if needed, the rockets do very little, and I do try to reload at base ASAP.

3.) I have 3 high-end joysticks, and I never use them for any FPS because it dosn't feel right, now for F/A 18: Fercision Strike Fighter or MS flight sim, then its worth having. Stick with Mouse and keyboard in my opinion.

4.) Yea you can, but your very vunerable to being hit witha tank, rocket, C4 or grenade in the engieen, and you can't et high enough to begin hoizontal flight fast enough.

Welcom to the world of Jet whor... I mean Piloting.

Good luck, stay higher than those cast iorn trees though.. :cry:

Comment

I only use rockets when the target is sitting absolutely still otherwise it will 90% miss.

Otherwise, the cannon is my primary weapon. And bombs are just an extra bonus.

I go after aircraft first, then ground elements.

It's possible to hover in the air, but only with the JSF-35. Otherwise, you fall to the ground like a brick.

Comment

Use your bomb first and when you get a hold on him, don't shoot your guns, wait till he's about to refuel as this is when they slow down the most and go straight, active your missles, and go crazy, shoot the guns fire all missles and he would be like "Wtf where did you come from". The beeping when you got a lock is when I swerve like crazy and lose the guy, avoiding this makes the perfect sneak attack.

Comment

When bombing, try flying to a very high elevation...i.e 600 and dive onto a enemy base. You will have more than enough time to kill with cannons (EVEN TANKS) if you want release bombs at 150elevation and after u hear em off quickly pull up and refuel.

Please don't try capping flags, an infantry(any<yes even sniper>) can down you before you'll cap it.

Comment

Christmas Dinner taking ages

Is a short vid of trying to time the right moment for missles. I did start a small guide on www.clannews.co.uk it's in the tips section as well. There is also a longer vid there.

You won't easily sneak up on a good pilot using guns only. I find most ignore other pilots but I always go for them even if I'm not in the J10, they get the message then.

Comment

Originally posted by akburst510
              When bombing, try flying to a very high elevation...i.e 600 and dive onto a enemy base. You will have more than enough time to kill with cannons (EVEN TANKS) if you want release bombs at 150elevation and after u hear em off quickly pull up and refuel.

Please don't try capping flags, an infantry(any<yes even sniper>) can down you before you'll cap it.
              how long does that take? never tried it on tanks only on APCs and they are destroyed in no time..

Comment

You can kill anything with the jet cannon.What i Do Is i Approach a target then i gain elevation then i release the thrust and dive toward the target,you ll have plenty of time to take out anything if your aim is on.Also when approaching a base i fire the cannons and circle the nose a little to get a good killing diameter...only a little movement is need since you are going so fast and shooting so many bullets youll be able to cover a wide area without having to move erractically.

Comment

About using guns.

Do this. Go wake > Go chinese > Grab J-10 > Goto a high elevation > Head to the carrier > Shoot whilst your high (This give your more accuracy and time to shoot) > Turn around > Head to carrier again > Drop Bombs / More gunning > Go back to refuel > Rinse and repeat.

Done properly should give you a lot of points.

Comment

how in the hell do you use bombs i am a noob when it comes to the jets

Comment

ah...i remember the first time i flew...b4 i had played flight simulators, and when i flew in bf2...man it was like ...2 seconds to get from one end of the map to the other..and i was constantly trying to stay inbounds...and now when i play gamesl ike f22 lightning, i feel like im trying to fly closer to the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Widkidone
                        how in the hell do you use bombs i am a noob when it comes to the jets
                        Originally posted by Widkidone
                        You should do some research for yourself. read the threads.
                        :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Comment

if you like SHARING - let gunner get into your bomber. if you can, and want to alingtargets for him your bomber can single handely dominate any map [op. cl. sweep is perfect for this]

bomber with good pilot+gunner combo is ten times more deadly for ground forces than only pilot, even the best one. one of reasons is, that gunner has 10+ rockets.. [20?] and one rocket - one+ kill [usualy 2 from my practice] no need for constant reloading.
                          if gunner is good enough and pilot calm enough you can take out comm assets with no rpoblem, same as chopers and unsuspecting planes.

you just need not to be selfish and/or stupid

Comment

Working...
                          X