Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will you use a Mic

Originally posted by D|sso
    And that is exactly why nobody uses it. Because of that same mindset and outlook.
    Yes. As much as you hate me to say it, it is the inbiased truth. I don't really forsee the status quo in BF2 changing any time soon.

You really think inbuilt comms are a waisted feature? How is it a waisted feature for all those serious squads that DO use it than? Is inbuilt comms a waisted feature for CS, AA, and other games with it?
    It is a wasted feature in BF2. I never said anything about other games, however, CS seems to have a large number of players that use their mic. I believe this can be attributed to the somewhat older crowd that CS attracts since most of the people I hear talking are obviously not whiny speaker tweeter busting bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
      Oh come on. You edited out your comment about not feeling you've got a good voice. Granted, sometimes it's annoying to hear some 10 year old yapping up a storm, but...

Awhile ago I had just loaded and joined a squad. I said my standard "Mic check, anyone reading?" questions to see if anyone would reply (I knew my mic was working fine). Some kid answers "Yeah, I hear ya!!". I guessed his age to be about 10 and shuddered. Wounderful, I thought, now I'm gonna have to listen to that all fricken round.
      I'm pleased to say he suprised me... as both a player and a mature person. He wasn't yapping off about how cool and awsome everything was. He took commands and warnings well. Confimed he heard then shut up. He even saved my life a couple times by calling out good warnings.
      By the end of the round, I had to ask, "how old are you anyway?".
      "I'm 15", he said.
      Ouch. I felt bad for him. He really did have a painfully young sounding voice... infact, I thought he was a girl right up until he made a comment refering to himself as a male.
      Reguardless, we stayed in the squad together for several rounds and I enjoyed him very much as a squadmate. Really added to the game.

So yeah, ditch the selfconsciousness.
      Ya don't need it.
      my eyes hurt for reading such a long comment when I am very sleepy (2:27am )
      I edited my comment partly because of the reason you mentioned, and also because of a non-bias poll. I don't mind mentioning it anywhere, but putting it @ the 1st post does give a bias to somebody.

And yes, I don't care much abt my self-consciousness, I use vent w/ my friends during CS (That's kinda Cheating tho )

But when I know nobody @ BF2, is just like talking to myself....
      This is my last post of today....too sleepy for now after hours of BF2
      Xmas Break sux.....

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
        It is a wasted feature in BF2. I never said anything about other games
        Even So, again, howabout all the serious squads out there that DO use the inbuilt comms? I actually prefer BF2's inbuilt comms to vent or teamspeak because it quiets the environment and ingame noise whenever someone talks so you can clearly hear what they say.

And regarding age, actually, CS has been attributed more to little whiny pricks than BF2. I usually hear more mature guys who actually try to play with thought and tactics than I've ever heard in CS.

Comment

Even So, again, howabout all the serious squads out there that DO use the inbuilt comms? I actually prefer BF2's inbuilt comms to vent or teamspeak because it quiets the environment and ingame noise whenever someone talks so you can clearly hear what they say.

And regarding age, actually, CS has been attributed more to little whiny pricks than BF2. I usually hear more mature guys who actually try to play with thought and tactics than I've ever heard in CS.
          Are you talking about that fabled squad where all the members are using VoIP and playing the game it was meant to be? I've been to plenty of servers and never seen 'em. Again, wasted feature because hardly anyone uses it.

I know CS is well known for the tardsmacks it attracts. I've played CS since nearly the very begining and have seen lots of 'em but CS honestly pales in comparision to the massive amount of autism that permeates throughout the BF2 community. BF2 was built with the likes of myg0t in mind. The amount of ways that you can grief a player in BF2 is just staggering. CS on the other hand has had quite a number of years of tweaking behind it and most of the major avenues of griefing have been exhausted. All that is left anymore are cheaters, team flashers, tk'ers (most servers disable ff ) and that's about it.

Comment

Normally my buddies and I won't play on a server that doesn't have "squad talk" working. Sure, we have our own Team Speak server, but it's not as functional as the game's version.

I think communicating with your other squad mates is a must. It's nice if this is done with VOIP, but the in game commands can work well enough. Normally, my buddy is always the squad leader, which he does an excellent job.

He and I will use the mic enough to help direct the squad. If we have a full squad, sometimes it's nice to have about half the people talking and the other half responding with "Copy that" and "No sir". It keeps the noise down sometimes.

Squads and the built in VOIP is one of the best features of BF 2 and should be a must for any similar game.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
              I know CS is well known for the tardsmacks it attracts. I've played CS since nearly the very begining and have seen lots of 'em but CS honestly pales in comparision to the massive amount of autism that permeates throughout the BF2 community. BF2 was built with the likes of myg0t in mind. The amount of ways that you can grief a player in BF2 is just staggering. CS on the other hand has had quite a number of years of tweaking behind it and most of the major avenues of griefing have been exhausted. All that is left anymore are cheaters, team flashers, tk'ers (most servers disable ff ) and that's about it.

Well thats what we get with such a complex and indepth game like BF2 dont we? There will always be a "myg0t" in one way or another for everygame. Just look at how simple and strait-forward the gameplay to CS is. All that can be done is fix bugs and add more material to keep the game alive, like the array of maps and tech utilities like HDR that have been released lately.

Comment

I would use mine more on pub servers, but I think ppl would rather that I didn't sometimes :P

Comment

Working...
                X