why is my parachute so lame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is my parachute so lame

i swear, my parachute will be the end of me. It used to always work, and now, it never does, no matter how much I spam the 9 button, I always end up dying because of it. it would also be pretty cool if you could shoot holes in other people parachutes so they fell!

Re: why is my parachute so lame

Two thing prevent it from opening:
    1) Not enough air time
    2) Too close to obstacles

To maximize your chances, jump early and away from the building, wait for your gun to disappear, then tap the chute a few times.

Comment

And please map the chute key to BACKSPACE!
      You probably keep missing the 9 key and don't even notice in the heat of the battle
      I used to die ALOT when I had it on default "9"...

Comment

I started having trouble with my chute too. However, when I stopped spamming the key, I started having much better luck.

As variable said, wait until the gun goes away and then just press it once. i don't have a problem when I do it that way (if I give myself enough space, of course).

Comment

You probably keep missing the 9 key and don't even notice in the heat of the battle
          I've re-mapped my chute key too, but how can u re-map it to backspace when jump is backspace?

Comment

it has nothing to do with remapping or timing the pull. It is an unfortunate bug that only seems to affect a small minority of people so most people think it is operator error. When I first bought the game the parachute opened up no problem no matter how often I hit the 9 key. Then it stopped opening at all. I tried remapping and even took a fighter to altitude pressing 9 the whole way down. I tried pressing it once after the gun disappeared and just about anything else I could think of. This lasted about a month or so. Then suddenly it was back but only at about 50 percent of the time.

Comment

I've remapped ALL of my keys.

The default set up is not optimized at all.

Comment

You'll actually notice that the parachute does not open until your gun disappears from your view. In 3rd person, this would be when your guy stops "running" over the edge. I can time it perfectly. Once your hands move down, hit the parachute key. Once is enough. It just takes the few secs for your guy to put his gun down. Makes sense, no?

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaNut
                  I would suggest the ENTER butteon, since it's the biggest on your keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by [DEI]BArt
                    I would suggest the ENTER butteon, since it's the biggest on your keyboard.
                    Ya, enter is a good one. Anyways, so far, i still havn't remapped anything except for aircraft, and helis. U realy need a joystick to use those. Anyways, i find the WASD (forward, left, back, right) to be quite good. Plus, everything is already mapped around it, u have the number keys above for switching weapons. U have the Q, and T key right next to it to give commands. And u have Z right under it to go prone.

Comment

The chutes in BF42 & BFV were much more steerable, you could land on anything. But BF2 chutes go in a pretty straight line. IRL chutes have got better over the years, not worse !!! :laugh:

Comment

Could you steer the paras in 42? i honestly cant remember doing it.

BF2 default keys are spread too far out.

I use the directional arrows for movement, rgt shift for crouch, rgt CTRL for jump, numkey 0 for prone & numkey . for reload, im not moving my hand all the way across the keyboard just cos of default keys, whaddya think i am EA, energetic?

Its all personal preference tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Clit_YeastHood
                          I can't recall either, but you shouldn't have been able to.
                          WWII 'chutes were... ah, primitive. One of my brothers used to skydive competitivly. He once jumped on a old WWII 'chute as part of a demonstration. He said he's never been so scared in all his life. The damned things give you NO control.

Comment

Originally posted by Clit_YeastHood
                            Yup, just played it to check. As you fall you just turn the mouse & it steers EXACTLY where you are looking, you can also shoot while parachuting. In BF2, you can turn slightly in a chute, but its very unresponsive. BF42 Chutes > BF2 chutes !

Comment

The chute is a great weapon, I jumped off a building opened the chute and landed on a team mate, it killed him and of course he punished. Fun was had by all.

Comment

Working...
                              X