Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first born for an iso of the install disk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first born for an iso of the install disk.

Well, something very unfortunate happened, and the first install disk doesn't work any longer. I'm not looking for any warez or anything illegal, it's all legal as long as you own the game, and I do. The torrent of the game is going extremely slow, so if anyone actually has the iso, it can't be too big, I know it would take a ton of effort for some random kid on the internet, but a good site to upload a file on is yousendit.com. I can't really expect someone to be so nice, but hey it's worth a shot.

Thank you(very much) in advance.

Re: My first born for an iso of the install disk.

Stop stealing games you filthy ****ing thief.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
      Stop stealing games you filthy ****ing theif.

What he said!

Comment

Read what he F*CKING said, he lost his play disk, and is only asking for a new one... chill out guys.

Comment

Are you kidding me? Do you think someone with 126 posts and a BF2 account with 38k pts wouldn't own the game, hell, I own SF. I have 2 other non-broken BF2 disk and a SF disk. Please don't post something like that, I really really need some help here, and I'd rather not pay another 40 bucks. I had no idea these forums were so hostile.

What if you broke your disk, wouldn't you come here asking for help on the offchance someone decided to be nice?

What can I do to prove that I own the game?

Sorry for expecting help fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by AFEDSLAYER
            Read what he F*CKING said, he lost his play disk, and is only asking for a new one... chill out guys.
            Know the ****ING LAW, he wants us to commit a felony so he can play for free. Don't be a smacktard.

Comment

Originally posted by Underpant
              Are you kidding me? Do you think someone with 126 posts and a BF2 account with 38k pts wouldn't own the game, hell, I own SF. I have 2 other non-broken BF2 disk and a SF disk. Please don't post something like that, I really really need some help here, and I'd rather not pay another 40 bucks. I had no idea these forums were so hostile.

What if you broke your disk, wouldn't you come here asking for help on the offchance someone decided to be nice?

What can I do to prove that I own the game?

Sorry for expecting help fellas.
              You could have ******ned your copy for all we know. All I know is that I don't believe you. I've seen the same story a million times from thieves in every game.

Comment

It's the same law that allows me to LEGALLY play emulated Super Nintendo games, considering I actually own the games on my SNES.

I tried coming here nice, but you really need to get the stick out of your ass, and not jump to conclusions. Why would I only need the 1st disk if I had ******ned mine?

Thanks for understanding AFEDSLAYER, but I underestimated the asshattery of the Internet.

If anyone scrolled through all of bitvomit's garbage, I would really appreciate some help.

Comment

Dito, I'd help him out if I didn't have the DVD.

bitvomit~ STFU and learn wtf you're talking about. If he already has the copy, which he does, then there is nothing wrong. It's a little thing called fair use.

Comment

It's the same law that allows me to LEGALLY play emulated Super Nintendo games, considering I actually own the games on my SNES.
                    You're dead wrong. The people that distribute roms are breaking the law and you are also breaking the law by downloading them whether or not you own them. The fact of the matter is you asked us to commit a crime so you can have a copyrighted game. Doesn't matter whether you own the game or not, no one is gonna break the law for you.

Comment

I've played with Underpant several times online. He's a cool guy since he tells it like it is. He's one of the few people I've ever invited to my squad. I'd help'm but, I've got the DVD version.

Hope it works out, man.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
                        You're dead wrong. The people that distribute roms are breaking the law and you are also breaking the law by downloading them whether or not you own them.

Bitvomit, ask yourself, what did being a jerk to someone nicely asking for help accomplish for you?

Look at the agreement before you enter any rom sites, it's legal to own a backup. Do your homework.

Thanks JarEme, isn't it a shame some people have to be so bitter? It's like they get their jollies from angering others. Oh well, that's the direction humanity is going I suppose. "Hey look a lady fell on the road, lets kick her then she may get hit by a car!" .

What's your in-game name? I'd love to hit you up in a game later, but alas :cry:

Comment

Look at the agreement before you enter any rom sites, it's legal to own a backup. Do your homework.
                          So you're admitting that you break the law and download roms? Why should anyone believe you now? Do you even know that you're breaking the law by downloading and distributing BF2 through bittorrent or are you just stupid?

Comment

Cool it Vomit. Seriously.

You don't know what you're talking about.
                            The law states that what you get when you buy a "virtual" or artisticly based product, what you are actually paying for is a license to use it, not the physical media or the contents of the work. This mean you have no rights to modify, copy, or reverse engineer said work, unless it is otherwise specified (such as in the case of mods). Nor are you allowed to use samples of those works for comercial applications (there's a "quote" clause that allows small samples, however).

There's nothing new about this law. It's been around since tapes came out and people were recording their records.

Bottom line is that underpant here owns a license to BF2.
                            He may DL and use copies for free.

Besides, if he was looking for a rip, wouldn't be be asking for more than just the install disk?

Underpant:
                            I'm suprised you're suprised by the reaction. People get nervious about this sort of thing. Sometimes they go a little nuts.

This thread treads on fairly thin ice, tho. There are rules about not asking for this sorta thing. I believe you are asking for legit reasons, but that doesn't change the fact that it could be used for nafarious purposes.

That said, I'd help ya out... but guess what media version I have?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDR
                              I'd help you if I could. I've tried to make a backup of my CD1 for this very reason! What if mine gets lost or broken? So, I've tried to make an ISO in as many ways as I know how to make one. I finally gave up. You cannot ISO that first CD. It has a decent enough protection scheme on it that it corrupts all copies. So if someone DOES give you an ISO I don't think it will work anyway.

TheDR
                              I had no problems making a backup ISO of mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X