Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trauma Studio guys how did they let us down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trauma Studio guys how did they let us down.

I too remember Bullfrog. I also miss Westwood (ironic that BF2 reminds me of an FPS version of some of the C&C: Generals maps...) as well as Maxis. All have become basically nothing due to the evils of EA. I seriously hope EA pulls an Enron, a once great company is screwing the industry over.

It's obvious in the game Trauma didn't even get much input, this game is nothing compared to Desert Combat. It's my own personal belief that Trauma was purchased simply for fear of Desert Combat being ported to Battlefield 2 by Trauma. Let's face it, with all the expansions being shoved down our throat, the sales of those would be jeapordized if Desert Combat 2 were to be released prior to those. Also, since Desert Combat is so close in the area of vehicles and weapons in comparison to vanilla Battlefield it would have been direct competition (and thus pulling money from the planned ranked servers, which mean extra money for EA). They also made sure the mod, in an "obsolete game", couldn't be continued what so ever and that they had the sole rights to it as well. Trauma Studios being bought simply a move of acquiring talent to work on Battlefield 2? I doubt it. I do with Frank and the rest of the Trauma Studios team the best of wishes, whatever they all may be doing these days. They deserve so much more than the boot that EA gave'em.

*puts on flame retardant suit after posting that*

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse
      *puts on flame retardant suit after posting that*
      I don't know why you'd get flamed; sounds like a very likely scenario to me.
      An important point though is that DICE bought Trauma, not EA (before EA bought DICE).

Comment

i dont know if any of you remember novalogic. but they had the "delta force" series which was great untill Joint Operations. but any way they destroyed them selves if i remember correctly. but yea EA has taken over so many and just ruined great little componys

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo_Matt[US]
          I read the Trauma Studio guys who made one of the best mods for bf 42 they left the company and merged with another company makeing BF 2. How could these trauma guys let us down with this uncompleted game how could they not know not to give the MEC guys more weapons in the SF expansion???? DC was a top quality mod loaded with content yet BF 2 still is not like that game.

Did they even listen to the truama guys?? or wass the trauama guys slacking.?
          They barely had any influence on the outcome of BF2 and they had only a very minor part in the making of the game also. Go over to the DC forums, use their search function and you can read all about it.

And for the guy who thinks EA-Dice feared another DC2, that would probably be far from the truth if had to guess, they would probably welcome it, because it would push more copies of the game off the shelf and onto desktops due to a mods popularity.

Comment

EA doesn't like mods because they know that the modders do much better jobs at coding and making the gamers happy, all for the price of free.

Comment

Originally posted by IVfluids
              And for the guy who thinks EA-Dice feared another DC2, that would probably be far from the truth if had to guess, they would probably welcome it, because it would push more copies of the game off the shelf and onto desktops due to a mods popularity.
              Agreed. But think of the mod vs expansion pack decision. We all know EA tries to weasel as much money out of people with expansion packs as they can. I think that's the big arguing point. The reason I got BF1942 was for Desert Combat, a friend introduced me to it back on my days of dialup (had DSL on the way ), so there's no doubt good mods make sales of the actual game engine. The only reason I have Road to Rome is because it was the only way to get BF1942 at Wal-Mart, but then again the bundle was like....20 or 30 bucks then.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo_Matt[US]
                PS i am willing to pay up to 50 dollars for a DC/FH 2 style game because these guys make excellent games compared to the POS EA vanilla games.
                my 50$ was a downpayment for FH2 and Desert Conflict. Apparently I got a free game, Battlefield 2?

Comment

Working...
                X