Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trauma Studio guys how did they let us down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trauma Studio guys how did they let us down.

I read the Trauma Studio guys who made one of the best mods for bf 42 they left the company and merged with another company makeing BF 2. How could these trauma guys let us down with this uncompleted game how could they not know not to give the MEC guys more weapons in the SF expansion???? DC was a top quality mod loaded with content yet BF 2 still is not like that game.

Did they even listen to the truama guys?? or wass the trauama guys slacking.?

Re: Trauma Studio guys how did they let us down.

The influence of money has corrupted many a man

Comment

Does anyone remember a little company called Bullfrog?

No?

Well, they made some of the best damned games around during the earily days of PC gaming. Syndicate, Magic Carpet, Dungon Keeper1&2 (#2 is still sitting on my desk... one of the most delightfully bent games ever released), and a truckload of others.

Then they were purchased by EA and never released another title worth noting.

EA is commonly refered to as the "soul killer" company in the industry.

Comment

Its hard to explain but I know these trauma guys knew there stuff but i ask my selfs

how could they let the MEC/Chinese choppers be so unbalanced? the ones in DC seemed to be both the same.

how could they not give MEC Sf any new weapons in BF 2 SF so i guess the EA employees have more power over the trauama guys.

I really think the makers of forgotten hope and other famous BF mods need to team up and make 1 big gameing company they would totaly own EA and put EA out of bussiness because these amature game makers have way more better games then EA the only bad thing is thye would have to design there own game engine.

PS i am willing to pay up to 50 dollars for a DC/FH 2 style game because these guys make excellent games compared to the POS EA vanilla games.

Comment

Ah... well, if you can up that $50 to $500,000 then we can start thinking about retaining some talent.

Still, we'd need to dig up about three times more than that for a moderat devcycle or a semi-complete engine.

Comment

actully i dont got alot of money cause i dont got a job due to some health issues but i do have 5000 dollars saved up so if thye make a game company and they give me a job in it i will give them the money if they give me a permanent job and not fire me. and they can pay me 500$ a month and i will test the games at my house.

Comment

Ok... so basicly the plan is, we've got no capital, no assets, and no money to retain talent.

I'm guessing you didn't graduate from business school, eh?

Seriously tho, I'm trying to paint a picture for ya. A half way desent game release these days has a development budget of over $1mill and takes upwards of 3 years. Larger companies can speed the time up somewhat since they've already got hired talent and can aford to purchase a game engine (or, in the case of BF2, upgrade the hell outta an existing one).

So no... it's not likely to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp

No?

Well, they made some of the best damned games around during the earily days of PC gaming. Syndicate, Magic Carpet, Dungon Keeper1&2 (#2 is still sitting on my desk... one of the most delightfully bent games ever released), and a truckload of others.

They did the same to Westwood. And I know any online gamer knows what franchise I am talking about.

Comment

I Hate Big Biz, Money Is The Root To All Bad Things.

Comment

You are 100% right.
                    I shall save you from this evil!!
                    Send all your money to me!

No, no need to thank me. I just try my best to help my fellow man, you know?

Comment

WarGimp, I remember Bullfrog very well, Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 were both awesome games in their own right, wonderfully designed. They also released things like Theme Hospital which was funny aswell I also agree that since EA took them over they've done nothing of any decency since.

Westwood, the C&C's were awesome games, C&C Generals wasn't bad but no where near the standard of the first C&C in terms of quality gameplay.

Indeed EA destroys nearly everything it touches, its just one big fat corporate machine with nothing to gain (in their opinion) by being good games publishers.

But admittedly I still buy their games, because you can't bloody avoid them, LOTR BFM-E for example, great game, but by EA, BF2 for example... EA... I can't escape them!!

Comment

Im waiting for the day when Valve gets taken over by EA. Cause HL fans will go berserk and all hell will break loose.

Comment

Oooo..I LOVED playing Syndicate..it was one of my favourite games of that era.

Comment

[quote='Rambo_Matt[US]']I read the Trauma Studio guys who made one of the best mods for bf 42 they left the company and merged with another company makeing BF 2.

When you say merged, do you mean being attacked and being ripped apart to be eaten while pools of blood trickle into our cd cases> Well I hope a bear never "merges" with me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp

No?

bullfrog indeed had great games i still play sometimes dungeon keeper 2 and theme hospital.

Comment

Working...
                              X