1.2 Poll, Yay, or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.2 Poll, Yay, or nay?

Yep, not being able to chuck grenades further sucks...

Comment

i just wanted no nade launcher firing while jumping.....not every gun.

Comment

An improvement is an improvment, no?

Comment

So far..

9 pilots said that Dice need to burn
          2 Noobtubers said theyre afraid their stats will drop

:rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Moke
            So far..

You're probably right. Can't wait for the patch.

Those people that say the G3 is already good enough are crazy. Its not that it's crap or anything it just that in practice it is worse that both AKs (and the M16 if you don't mind burst fire) not even including the GL side of things. Less accurate, smaller magazine (realistic on that point though), negligible extra damage and no GL. What's not to love.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke
              So far..

.... and 1 pilot (me) who voted "yay.." and is looking forward to the extra challenge..

Comment

And one general all round team focused player who called himself a troll because there's no option for "This really needs to be thought out better".

I really hate poor design. That goes for polls too!

Comment

Add me to the list of pilots... That makes 10 of us so far.

Well, I am glad about the planes! I am happy that they are nerfed a little bit. But the choppers? Why? I mean they are already easy enough to shoot down, given the man behind the .50 is an experienced one.

Comment

This patch should definitely be an improvement, especially for infantry. Less reactionary evasive and exploitive gameplay should bring a little thought and (dare i say it?) common sense into this game.

That being said, I don't entirely agree with how they're fixing jumping. While it's certainly a step in the right general direction, jump height would ideally be much lower, and the number of times one could jump at one time would be limited greatly, instead of just throwing in this "no shooting while jumping" restriction. I just don't see any reason for the way jumping works in this game other than to allow people to avoid shots, which is plain stupid, all arguments concerning realism aside. To avoid a shot, you should take cover, not go dancing in the street.

I can only hope thier changes to airpower do enough to end fixed-wing aircraft domination and that they don't make attack choppers useless. The vagueness of the information really leaves enough room for them to screw up either way, both ways, or neither, so only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Flares
                      .... and 1 pilot (me) who voted "yay.." and is looking forward to the extra challenge..
                      You Flares are one of the very few pilots you actually get my respect. If only there were more pilots that understood that they are getting their awesome kill:death ratio at the expense of other peoples fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Flares
                        :salute:

Comment

I support the new patch and can not wait for it. I hate bunny hoppers and dolphin diving, with that removed or supressed fighting will look more like infantry war. AA missiles needed to be more sharp and G3 should be an awesome weapon in regards to power and precision as in real life. Also L85 or SA80 is a more precise rifle with less recoil then M16 in real life so it should be in game.

Reducing the number of unguided missiles in helicopters will make pilots want to pick up gunners which is good and helicopters should not be so resistant to fire from the ground. UH60 can withstand two Eryx hits with no problem, that should not be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Demon6
                            Reducing the number of unguided missiles in helicopters will make pilots want to pick up gunners which is good and helicopters should not be so resistant to fire from the ground. UH60 can withstand two Eryx hits with no problem, that should not be the case.
                            I agree with you on this, provided they do not reduce the guided missiles too much. Changing the guided missile view in 1.12 was a step in a wrong direction, besides I've never ever seen anyone complain about the missile view. Having 8 instead of 14 will not make me happy, but I usually use 4-8 missiles per one approach, so with the new patch I'll have to wait till reload and pay more visits to the helipad (or ask for a crate in a good spot) - this will not eliminate the fun of flying and, as you said Deamon6 may encourage pilots to take gunners, which may further lead to having more skilled gunners (who do fire with the cannon as I try to approach an unsuspecting full BH and line up for the TV missile shot). I only hope they will not reduce hit points of helis too much - they are quite easy to take down now already with anything but AA

Comment

Working...
                            X