Stable Chopper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stable Chopper.

i know this may sound silly but what about landing the chopper...i do this all the time land somewhere out of sight, take down my target then continue. its alot easier than trying to get the timing right without a pilot

Comment

I'd like to see pilots switching to gunners seat during combat in real life.

Comment

Practice silly people. The chopper spins the same way every time you switch seats. Get used to the way it operates and get your timing down. Rotate the chopper left... seat switch and by the time your ready to shoot you should be lined up with the target. Rotate more or less to the left to adjust to your timing.

Comment

Originally posted by gunslinger2787
          Actually it is. These days 75% of the pilots I fly with, wont give me a TV Guided shot unless I ask them to. And 50% of those guys, either dont listen, or dont comprehend what Im asking them to do. Its rather pathetic.
          75% of gunners I fly with don't know what a TV guided missle is
          Talking about that, I noticed that in SF it's all the pilot's game. Viewing distance seems to be MUCH less than say Wake and + he can't afford to stand there for a few seconds with AT threats at every roof and a bunch of AAs everywhere. The safest thing is to fly like mad.

Comment

SGt UK i land on the edge of carriers where my missle wont hit the deck. sometimes...

Comment

Trying to pilot and co-pilot the attack helo at the same time is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Either get a a decent pilot and copilot together, work as a team and the attack helo becomes the ultimate weapon in the game, or just dont bother.

Comment

I hope I never have people trying to solo-fly the attack chopper on my team.

Sure fire way to give an advantage to the other team.

wtg

Comment

agreed, though it is a handy skill to have when the enemy team isnt as skilled / and you have no good pilots/gunners on your team

oh yeah and in the new update they want to nerf the choppers this time

Comment

omg h4x the hind in the addon has sexy physics
                    nose down but keeps height, dc feeling comes back

Comment

its 8 vs 8 so those of you who bitch will shutup... we have other things to do besides chopper... its a skill i need to aquire. all i asked was for tips( to those of u who tried giving me tips thnk you very much) for those of you who bitch like you do on everyother thread thnks but no thnks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister-T
                        There is a small box which indicate what the gunner is viewing throught tv missile, just put it around the vehicle and you will provide an easy target to your gunner.

HOPEFULLY you dont pilot alot.... because that is NOT where you aim for the camera. it is slightly below center. and there is a thread talking about this, but its not exact. i had my computer over my friends house, and steadied the chopper, and it was slightly below center.

....and i wonder why pilots always aim too high... its always either too high or too low.

Comment

Originally posted by Raxor
                          oh yeah and in the new update they want to nerf the choppers this time
                          Hmm..where did you get this info?

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                            HOPEFULLY you dont pilot alot.... because that is NOT where you aim for the camera. it is slightly below center. and there is a thread talking about this, but its not exact. i had my computer over my friends house, and steadied the chopper, and it was slightly below center.

....and i wonder why pilots always aim too high... its always either too high or too low.
                            This is correct. That little indicator only tells you which direction the co-pilot is facing. It does NOT indicate where on your HUD your co-pilot is actually viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by HckyDlsstrs
                              Okay guys im a damn good TV guider for the chopper and ive been working on flying solo and doing this. one of the clans we scrim has a guy who nails tihngs perfectly and goes undetected, and no he isnt hacking. but does anybody know if u can keep the chopper stable while in gunner seat besides tilting the nose forward and to the side a little.

are you talking about Cilit from Crimson?

Comment

Originally posted by gunslinger2787
                                Actually it is. These days 75% of the pilots I fly with, wont give me a TV Guided shot unless I ask them to. And 50% of those guys, either dont listen, or dont comprehend what Im asking them to do. Its rather pathetic.
                                Geez, find me online, I lined this guy up and hovered there for a good 15 seconds waiting for him to take a shot, till the AA started locking us. He never did ANother guy keep insisting on shooting the tanks with the machine gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X