Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Look out for this guy....

Originally posted by JarEme
    Yesterday I'm floating us behind a BH that's about 50% view distance away. Nothing is happening. Nothing. Nothing. I spun out of control as I typed a frantic message of unleashing the TV missiles and challenging his intellectual prowess. Recovering control, I moved closer to the still unsuspecting BH. Buddy opens up with his machine gun. I dive straight into the ground.

"Nice flying ****head."

"Thanks."
    I read you......

If I get in in as pilot I usually ask "Can you gun"..... if "you got it" comes directly after, im happy....

If not.... I tell him to "Right click for tv-guides... plz use them"

Doenst really matter if he cant hit ****... as long as I can see hes trying

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
      Eh. I play in clan servers mostly (=NAA= most common), and pretty much all of them are trained extensively with TV missiles, so that's not uncommon.

What I'm surprised with in your story though is that your gunner was the commander. He gets zero points for kills with the tv missile, though you do get assist points. A good commander (and no, you CANNOT prove this wrong) stays back, and stays in commander mode, and does NOT go running around with his team into combat.

~Salad
      Of course as commander he gets the kills. You only don't get the kills for artillery as commander if you directly kill people yourself you get a kill. But i dont think he said the guy was commander anyway.

Comment

so hes an ace pilot,just what I need to help me acquire my ribbon

Comment

Originally posted by iewgnem
          No matter how good a chopper pilot / gunner is, they are only target practice for jets, nothing more.
          Not true.

Unless you go in bombing mode and crash into me, you most likely won't bring me down. Lord help you if I decide to stand my ground and challenge you with a competent gunner. >;-)~

Comment

I was in a chopper once, the engine wouldn't start so I slept with the gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by shpox
              I was in a chopper once, the engine wouldn't start so I slept with the gunner.
              Did you sleep with him or did you "sleep" with him?

When Im on Sharqi, especially MEC, it frustrates me when the gunner is using the TV missle on soft targets. I usually have to stop the chopper in an out of the way place and type the following.

Chopper Gunner, stop using the TV missle on soft targets.
              Shoot AA first as soon as they are in sight, then jeeps, even if the jeep is empty.
              If he does that and we have taken the TV station, nothing can take me out of the sky when I start circle strafing. Sharqi isnt a map that is good for diving with the pilot missles, so my gunner ends up with a ton of points. If he ****es me off again, I go to the edge of the map, he dies and I go get another gunner.

Comment

rymaples, I guess paladin.sys was thanking your for keeping that nose up and not kamikazying into tanks... Good gunners like good pilots are rare breeds.

Comment

Working...
                X