Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting "There is a problem with your connection" a lot recently...help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting "There is a problem with your connection" a lot recently...help.

Post 1.12 patch I have been getting a lot of this message and subsequent disconnect. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution? Also when I run teamspeak server and/or client software the problem seems to get worse. This also may happen more frequently at night. Sorry for the uncertainty, I don't have enough evidence to correlate these variables. Thanks in advance.

Re: Getting "There is a problem with your connection" a lot recently...help.

I had that problem for about 4 months. Even re-installing BF / even Win didn't work. EA pretended not to know of anyone having this problem even though it is heavily posted on most BF forums. BF worked as if by magic when I tried it this week. My praying to the BF gods must've paid off! Best bet is to follow their guidelines to do a complete uninstall. If that don't work you're up **** creak mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Downleyboy
      I had that problem for about 4 months. Even re-installing BF / even Win didn't work. EA pretended not to know of anyone having this problem even though it is heavily posted on most BF forums. BF worked as if by magic when I tried it this week. My praying to the BF gods must've paid off! Best bet is to follow their guidelines to do a complete uninstall. If that don't work you're up **** creak mate.
      Thanks for the response. Where do I find these guidlines?

Comment

I have those issues too but they are usually right before the servers pukes and boots everyone off. It happens once a week maybe...

Comment

I would say that I have this problem once every 1-2 hours. However this didn't happen as frequently before the 1.12 patch.

Comment

I started to get the same problem after the patch.. and it also happens more at night. Do you by chance have comcast??

Comment

I get it ALOT. And its ****ing me off so much!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GR|M|IN
                  I started to get the same problem after the patch.. and it also happens more at night. Do you by chance have comcast??
                  Yes I do have Comcast. Soon after I get the message all the lights on my modem go on (no flashing), then I get disconnected and the server browser doesn't respond. Then after ~5sec everything is back to normal. By the way, great pic above!

Comment

I dont know if its the patch, Comcast or just that the patch messed up my bf2 network?? (possible?)

But yea this should be fixed cuz it happens atleast one a night and when im in first place.

Comment

Well for some reason this hasn't been a problem for me tonight....except the server just went down and won't let me log back in...oh well I should just go to bed....night

Comment

hello guys. i am having the same f'ing problem. it is making me nuts. i thought it might be service pack 2. not! rolled back video driver. not! unplugged mic and headphones.not! lowered the sound settings. not! but i do see something in common. i have comcast! things have always been alright until the last two weeks. i really hate this bs. it took 5 months for me to get this damn game running and now i keep getting disconnected. i am completely frustrated with this game. ea blows big floppy donkey d**k.

Comment

woah! I see a trend here, I too have "Comcast" and it's gotten so bad for me I dont even bother playing the game seriously anymore, becuase I know a stupid connection error will happen and I'll lose my connection with the server within like 10 minutes of me playing.

Off Topic: If you get imediatly get dissconected or alt+F4 the game do your stats get recorded in BFHQ.

Comment

well I don't have Comcast I have Insight and I constantly get this problem. I would say about 10 to 15 times a round. If I hit tab right after it happens my ping sky rockets to 300 to 500 range. I have tried everything settings related. Even took the resolution to 800 x 600 and all setting on low and it still happend no matter what server I play on. It sucks a** when you run into someone or you are in a tank and all of a sudden you are frozen for a few seconds. But of course after your dead the message goes away and everything is fine. With every patch it has happend more frequently.

Comment

Have you guys tried updating punkbuster manually:

And changing the PB access interval:

-join PB enabled online game
                              -access console (~)
                              -type 'pb_sleep 500', hit enter
                              -type 'pb_writecfg', hit enter
                              -voila

Comment

Working...
                              X