Comment

Re: Photos of a soldier using the EBR M-14

Very strange,

works for me..

Comment

Originally posted by CTUnit1
        thats what i am using

sometimes link comes and goes - i think it may be due to network congestion.

try this:

http://militaryphotos.net/

then go to "user submitted photos"

then from there go to "cavtroop4"

probably a lot of users on there now.

Comment

Originally posted by FN_SCAR_H
          Actual photos of some Asian American Soldier wielding his new baby:
          why does it even matter what race he is?

Comment

I heard that the Americans were considering re-issuing an updated M-14, mainly due to the continued complaints from troops in theatre that the 5.56mm M16 just doesn't have the stopping power they'd like. I've seen continuous reports of insurgents taking a solid hit from a 5.56 round and still able to go on fighting.

Good old 7.62, one hit and they're (usually) down. Plus the M14 is just a damn fine rifle....

Comment

Saw videos of that gun in action in another thread on here yesterday, and the guy explained about the gun and what it was capable of.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of the m14. The unlocks are always aimed at 'Wow it would be cool if -I- had this rifle!' thus they take rare weapons, but since everyone will be running around with them they need to pick more common things like steyr augs and 552s and stuff- though I suppose the m14 isn't all too common. The L85, PKM, G3 were perfect. Everyone running around with halo assault rifles (see F2000) just isn't my cup of tea I guess.

Just an opinion! It's cool to see the m14 being ressurected, though this does look a tad ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Libras
                  I'm a huge fan of the m14. The unlocks are always aimed at 'Wow it would be cool if -I- had this rifle!' thus they take rare weapons, but since everyone will be running around with them they need to pick more common things like steyr augs and 552s and stuff- though I suppose the m14 isn't all too common. The L85, PKM, G3 were perfect. Everyone running around with halo assault rifles (see F2000) just isn't my cup of tea I guess.

Just an opinion! It's cool to see the m14 being ressurected, though this does look a tad ridiculous.
                  I must admit the EBR looks more like a FNFAL than an M-14. I guess the NATO 7.62 is becoming fashionable again. No need for full auto with better marksmanship training (excluding Squad Automatics of course - but even then short control bursts are prefered over rock and rolling). Well placed semiauto fire is the way to go rather than rock and roll with an assault rifleman.

Question to all the gun fanatics out there who probably know:
                  Why do Nato 7.62 caliber assault rifles use only 20 round magazines? Is because of weight? Have you guys ever seen a Nato 7.62 rifle with a 30 round mag?

Comment

linky no worky, and i have blinky

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
                      linky no worky, and i have blinky
                      You'll have to be patient because the server can't handle too many users at one time. It's there - just go to the root directory and then go to the subdirectories.

Comment

this link worky

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa

Some time worky...some time no worky. :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by FN_SCAR_H
                            Question to all the gun fanatics out there who probably know:
                            Why do Nato 7.62 caliber assault rifles use only 20 round magazines? Is because of weight? Have you guys ever seen a Nato 7.62 rifle with a 30 round mag?
                            Beats me, the banana clips seem to work fine for the Russian 7.62s..

Could be weight, cost or something. The clips don't look very big, and making them longer by 1/3 doesn't seem like it would effect the performance of say.. A G3? Yet like you experience in bf2, those 10 rounds can make all the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Libras
                              Beats me, the banana clips seem to work fine for the Russian 7.62s..

Could be weight, cost or something. The clips don't look very big, and making them longer by 1/3 doesn't seem like it would effect the performance of say.. A G3? Yet like you experience in bf2, those 10 rounds can make all the difference.
                              Russian 7.62's (lower impulse) are much shorter than their NATO 7.62s (higher impulse) counterparts. I just read some where that uncle sam never produced any 30 round mags in any meaningful scale for the M14. However, we are talking about a vietnam war era weapon - G.I.'s weren't even issued 30 round clips for the m16s until the late 70s and early 80s.

It most certainly is a weight issue because the M14 is quite heavy without ammo - and definitely heavier with another 10 rounds. However, with the EBR, one would think that the M14 would be a lot lighter (plastics & aluminium furniture replacing wood furniture) - so would a 30 round mag for the M14 be out of question?

Also I've never read any literature that the SCAR Heavy would have a NATO 7.62 30 round mag (only for 7.62 Russian). Either EA got the SCAR Heavy wrong (assuming NATO 7.62) or it's using the SCAR Heavy configuration in Russian 7.62.

(oh well, useless expenditure of time and brain power - the little that I have) :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X